radio luxembourg power playlist

Tuned in frequently though out the After 40 years I can listen my favorite station of the stars and see the people who made it. 164. I used to record every night on my tape recorder Used to get about 20 minutes of great listening (if you were lucky) before you had to re-tune your radio or just hope that the sound returned before the end of the programme! 510. :) Yes, I still remember the good ole days in Nottingham, with my old valve 'portable' radio (it ran on a 90volt battery! Nostalgia? I wonder if you have any information about the jingle for The Postal 23. market,Im sure the listeners will buy the equipment to get RTL 208 while they I loved it deadly! 447. I got tears in my eyes listning to the old tapes with the known voices - and the noise. radio luxembourg power playlist. Australia (02/03/2007). Hi! My friend Marshall Phillips showed me your wonderful Radio Luxemburg web page and printed many of its pages for me. Sometimes it would be crystal clear reception for hoursat other times would turn off. How great are all recollections of those nights when tuning Radio For a teenager at the west coast of Jutland, the NME Top Twenty at Sundays at midnight was the ultimate climax of the week. A truly great stn. Pam Parker, now in Perth Australia (11/03/2004). I understand that these progs, along with other shows like "Double Your Money" and "Take Your Pick", were recorded in the U.K. I have just found your website,fantastic!! Best Wishes. FANTASTIC! Marske by the sea (27/03/2002). Strangely, it's stopped raining. I worked with Stuart Henry on Radio Scotland in the 60s and I spent 297. I'm still hearing my Dad tell me turn off the music I have to listen to the news. Tuning in at night in a tent on the beach in Italy. As you know, the technician was in an entirely different room, separated from the studio desk by two heavy, bomb-resistant doors and a passageway between. (NB. Very good website! I remember it would be 7 or 8pm here in Boston and I think they would say its one oclock am and we are closing down 272. Jan I love it and what I would like to know is, can I buy it in cd format or download onto cd? line "Take her hand, soldier". The Luxembourg group still lives on today as the Pan-European television broadcaster RTL, which quietly owns Britain's Channel 5 TV. Hungary (10/01/2004). Peter Wright 34. Anthony Jaggu Ani Juliet Song - Download Jaggu Ani Juliet mp3 song free online. 97. 545. Graham Hobbs Tom Haacke Great site with good memorabilia. Remember the green tuning eye you mention on the old radio with pleasure. Publishers Association. Happy days! 415. In the mean time the engineer was sitting at the window; kissing his girlfriend. 1956-1957. vertellen? I have enjoyed so much reading the comments on the Radio Lux. Wow! mijn geschiedenis. Great and spectacular website. I was stationed in Reisenbach Germany in the US Army from 1961 to 1965 and we listened to "Radio Lux" every night AFN just diden't make it. Elvis ha gone but his music lives on! Steve Shaw Stumbled on your site while looking for old playlists and charts. Started: "Maybe tomorrow will find the sun shining, warming the hearts of our children again." When I think of 208 and hear Barry in my head I feel like I have an anvil sitting over my heart, what days nothing will ever replace it then or him God bless .. Bernd Damned. It's very fine, congratulations! In spite of this rather poor furnishing and apparatus they had every night There was no better radio station to listen even on the AM. Antnio Alegre Mick Weaver Pure nostalgia, I love it; it is I am back in Poland catching "the station of the stars" on my Tatry radio with the music from the "forbidden" west. 226. Thank you again. Thank you. in Spanje woon en maar zelden in Nederland kom heb ik destijds met Gerard nou ik hoor van jullie-he New Zealand (15/01/1999). 458. I got the last 20 minutes on tape, with present and former DJs live in the studio, and wit. I used to stay up most of the nights when i was a lad listening to Radio Luxembourge the best station on air in those days hope to be able to listen again as soon as im able to receive it. Browse All. very noised m.w. 589. 208 was on all night in my late teens in the early 80s and a potential girl friend just had to love or at least stand it. Regards www.Lakenheath.cc 238. Maybe someone out there can help me. Lchgau/Germany (10/11/2000). When you are listening to the top 20 of 1965 it is like you heard it yesterday. 309. It just doesnt seem 'special'. witch is titled I'ts time to say goodnight. I also remember the hitlist of the station and at that time it was sponsored by sunsilk shampoo. Wow 161. Just found this website terrific!! Heb nog een 2 uur durende bandopname liggen uit april 1981. Sometimes it was not easy to find Luxembourg because its signal would fade and start fighting with a Russian station for supremacy and the little AM radio I was using had a fiddley tuning control. Bad Bentheim, Germany (26/05/2002). 430. British and American music--WOW!!! Groet je martinja@chello.nl (Quote from the legendary Eddie Startz of 'The Happy Station' - another giant in radio history). Francis Fahey 254. Hi dear Dick! I remember a friend and I phoning up Later as a trainee hotel manager at the Grand Hotel Eastbourne, I got to know Pete Murray well - I always recall his Daimler and the regestration plate 'PM 208' - always greatful as haveing taken him to the coffee bars and 'night clubs'! Thanks for the "time trip." The dutch service of Luxembourg was even more boring (Jos Brink brrr). Thank God for transistor radios. Reading, UK (12/09/2012). I used to listen to it every evening. Denis Cure Ringo Starr visiting the studios in 1964 to be presented with a trophy for Vic Delnore 268. 693. 156. I used to listen to Tony Prince throughout the seventies. Thank you Lord" I now live in Cairns, Australia with my family. Fortunately, my mother was deaf! We Finnish radiofans are eagerly waiting for the return of Radio 208 this year. Funny enough, in eighties I moved to UK on business, but I am conviced that 208 influenced a lot my shaping through fantasic music etc. thanks again After all these years playing in showbands, rock bands, solo gigs etc I'm now a production engineer with local radio CRC fm (community radio castlebar) 102.9 or on the net www.crcfm.ie tune in sometime. I liked her show because every night she would feature a birthday spotlight of a famous music person born on that day and give a little history of the person and play a few tunes by them. My name is Alex and I'm from Belgrade, Serbia. Falus Gyrgy shows Bolton,England (17/02/2003). 481. Always a fan of 208; particularly Barry Alldis. Born 1948. At the adress www.tompedersen.subnet.dk I have put down some memories of BBC Radio around 1970. Novi Sad, Serbia (07/10/2009). Best regards, (10/4/1999). Tks again and wish you all the best Best wishes, Best Regards.. I was "summer relief" for two or three years at the Villa Louvigny! Malcolm Humfress Sir Jimmy raised millions for charity and for many years was a regular marathon runner in support of good causes, though his finest achievement must be the 20 million he collected for the creation of the National Spinal Injuries Centre at Stoke Mandeville Hospital in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, in 1983, following damage caused by severe weather to the old pre-fab wooden huts which had housed spinal cord injury patients. 227. Tony Hall is still alive and well living 748. stationed in Ramstein,Germany from 1979-1982 and again 1988-1991, I would make it a point to list to 208 at night, especially Sunday nights. Regards Fabio Monego 7 (1) Something (S.Bassey) I was about 8 at the time and couldnt believe it. Surrey, UK (13/10/2003). Irgendwie in der heutigen Zeit vermisse ich "208", vor allem Tony Prince, der mir, wie heute ich mich entsinnen kann, ins Ohr ging. London (18/09/2003). 849. Any Luxy fans interested in swapping recordings Alldis I have a question that's been haunting me for years and years. Fettercairn, Scotland (14/01/2007). 837. We did have the Armed Forces Network to listen to this time around, but Radio Luxembourg was always the station of choice when possible. I`d like to aire the excerpt on my radio show and share my seet memories of the 60`s with our listeners. The technician, I gathered later, was put on other less crucial duties. Germany (11/04/2002). 404. RTL is still of course a big part of the French way of life. can. ich wrde mich sehr freuen,- wenn ich vom einen oder anderen der deine Dave Salmon Dublin, Ireland (21/08/2000). uitzending van Radio Luxemburg te luisteren. It brought back many memories of my years both presenting and producing Those of you trying to collect The RL TOP TWENTY records in 1960s-70s. Too Good (feat. Hi, I was always listen to the Cliff and Also is radio luxembourg back on the air Thank you for listening to the past. I'm still trying to find a "baby cham" jingle. Ian Nebbett I would appreciate it if you can help me find the name of the artists (for the french song, I believe, it was either Jackues Dutronc or :)) Amazing!! Best Regards George Abbot Oh! alex BBC World Service 2. Ik gebruikte een bandrecorder van Luxembourg (4/8/1999). [citation needed] Radio Luxembourg was hoping to broadcast in English on one of the two new digital national DAB services in the UK during 2008, if National Grid Wireless Limited won the licence. Denmark (17/10/1998). praten jullie daar ook nederlands/dutch? Thanks for the great memories. Thanks for the useful trivia, the audio clips and photos are great. Fernande Alldis Seems like RTL is coming back to the roots by starting again early in the morning at 5:30 with 1200 KW power until 10 am, then with 300 KW until 20:00 when Radio China Intl takes over. Shane Finnerty I`m wishing you to improve a broadcast signal strength in analogue and I`m waiting impatiently to hear from you via digital Astra soon. In the US Air Force stationed in the UK during the late 60's, Radio Luxembourg brought us music from home. It will take me some time to read everything but I'm sure I will enjoy it. 66. Best wishes. It was briefly available in the UK using DRM (digital broadcasts over shortwave) but the transmitter power was reduced, and by 2008 was not receivable outside Luxembourg itself . Great Station! Perth, Western Australia (10/07/2007). Hi Dick, many thanks for your great site. What wonderful times. I was born in 1946 and almost every night (since '59 till '66) I listened to 208 or Tony was voted 8th most popular DJ in the Disc and Music Echo Valentine Poll of 1967, months before he left Radio London. The Netherlands (19/07/1999). that line of genius. This is simply MAGIC!!!!!! I used to listen each night to 208 on small one valve radios I built wake up in the morning with headphone wires round my neck and set still on ! Troon Scotland (15/05/2006). The Best In Classic Rock! Download Hungama Music app to get access to unlimited free mp3 songs, free movies, music album, latest music videos, online radio, new TV shows and much more at Hungama. I was lucky enough to be the receptionist/telephonist at Hertford street in the mid seventies, it was a fantastic place to work. 526. When we first heard Love Me Do back in 1961 a friend of mine said 'this group will go far'! The hours I spent listening to 208 under the bedclothes on my first tranny, A bright red Ultra Globetrotter. Thomas Brandt, Bremen/Germany (10/01/2008). and followed the Top Twenty charts every week, although reception conditions Mid-Northumberland (16/09/203). Regards I managed to get a t-shirt UK (27/02/2003). John number of letters as a result of your site. Alnwick, UK (18/08/2012). The Peter Stuyvesant Top 30 Show with Paul Burnett - what a memory, listening to it under the sheets as a kid. I remember staying up till dawn to marvel over the music that came from the tiny box. not believe I was picking it up. Keep an eye on the Caroline website, for news of a collaboration with Caroline, as announced on the station this morning by station boss, Peter Moore. You know the older you get, the more you need for walking down "memory lane". 14 (-) Wild World (Jimmy Cliff) COLIN, Perth, Western Australia Perth, Scotland (31/03/2001). Frank Fasting this is a true beauty of a website! 120. they always had a taped commentary from aldersley, who then introduced the no. Radio under the duvet in the 80's, what memories.They were indeed better days;-) I never forget the times. 192. Yangon, Myanmar (26/08/2010). Many, Many times I woke up to hear "At The End Of The Day" playing in the headphones.. Geof Jones 448. Kelly Clarkson - STRONGER (WHAT DOESN'T KILL YOU), Shakira feat. I was 15 -16 years old and lived with my parents in Germany, had myself built a special AM receiver just for 208, and listened as often as possible. Keep up the good work! Thanks a lot for the memories. It was fading, but after midnight propagation was getting better and party was on. BYDGOSZCZ, Polen (12/01/2010). Il be waiting for the "Old 208" to get back again! Do you have any recordings of 208 in the 60's my favourite time when listening to 208. WOW. If you're stuck I think I may have it somewhere and will send you a copy.Let me know. Aircheck of Radio Luxembourg from about late October 1990 Addeddate 2020-01-23 19:24:16 Identifier radioluxembourg_202001 Scanner Internet Archive HTML5 Uploader 1.6.4 Year 1990 JESTECIE NAJLEPSI. We next moved to Alconbury in the UK and I listened again for 2 more years. another quarter hour or half an hour. Thank God I had three months of Luxy every year! Thank you for help. Can you advise? I began listening to Luxembourg when I was young in the Mid This blow. It brought back into my mind some wonderful and funny years in the 70s when I was living in Luxembourg. Lars Rydberg that I see people are talking about? Due to the broadcasting I brushed my English, and I imagine your overall achievement is greatly unknown, which concerns being mass media available and reachable over many frontiers. By the way, Dick, looking through your site again just now, did but was always turned down, In February of l967 I was voted to Radio Lux 208 gives me the best of 60s-70s memories. John Buckingham 747. Radio here in the USA is dead and has no heart and soul at all. The studio has changed. Can you help me out with any information? 237. Elvis (The King), Billy Fury, Buddy Holly, Roy Orbison, Everly Brothers, Rickie Nelson, The Beatles (of course) and many more! Just wanted to say what a nice web site.I am from GREECE,but i have never listened to Radio Lux.I wish i did. Bowraville, Australia (09/11/2011). Sydney, Australia (27/07/2012). Manny memories! The only other real personality, Benny Brown, is still there in December 2007. 497. I wonder if anyone out there can help. Perhaps a question could be anwsered: I remember well At The End of The Day sign off. Steven Vandenput PAIMPOL, France (14/05/2010). Sarajevo (27/06/2003). Er was maar n radio in huis zo rond 1960: een heel 616. European sat-receivers)to make it well-known and popular and loved by the Anders Dahlsberg ATTRACTION - LAST NIGHT A DJ SAVED MY LIFE, Egerlnder Blasmusik, Ltg. It makes me wish I grew up in the U.K. 328. Bona! a very faithful listener back in the 50s and 60s. In the day time and in the summer evenings before dark I listened on short vawe 49.26 meters. We walked into Villa Louvigny with the 30 mtr. I listened to Radio Luxembourg throughout the 60@ & always listened on a Sunday evening to the Top Twenty. We were introduced to these established stars in the dressing room area before the show, and I remember that Bobby Vee was very friendly, and that Gene Pitney was not. 88. Kees Brinkerink Bekende DJ's Als Felix Meurders en Peter Koelewijn waren toen al favoriet. I was a teenager in the sixties (born in 1946), and with my friends and school mates we tried to fine-tuning the old Philips made radio with the green eye,yes, and we built wire antennas to improve the sound quality. It was a great time with a great radiostation. Glad someone take care about the tapes and let us listen! Denekamp Holland (20/04/2001). What a great journey into the past. wonder if that is possible? Brian Wiles Great memories of a time gone by. Amitis tous les auditeurs et aux dj's, merci pour ce trs beau site. All the best with re-launch. Thanks ever so much for this page. "Dan Dare, Pilot of the Future" Did you or are you too young to remember? 257. Thanks a lot. I have just been told about this site from a friend in Florida. Dave Bensted I'm trying to gather as much information as I can about the programmes that Michael Holliday did for 208 from 1955 to his death in 1963. 783. I check it from time to time. Really good and brought all the old memories flooding back. I started Siddis radio In 1982, and Radio Scandinavia In 1989 as an satelite radio, before Radio Luxembourg. Thanks again. Now I'm listening via realaudio to the new DRM service and wonderis this the same station ? Steve Willis Fabulous web site about 208. But there was no compromise to listen to the Radio Luxembourg! Great site, & lots of memories. Radio Luxembourg was part of my teenage years back in Europa. In the engineer's room stood a small mixing console, two turntables and three taperecorders. Vasil What a page !!! I now listen to Arrow 675 from the Netherlands Colindale (London) (22/09/2005). I am not sure, may be it is not allowed. Chris Mutton I started MW and SW listening in Denmark in the early 70s and the music and format on 208 was better than the Danish governmental radio. I would really appreciate it if I could refresh my memory of what the hits were at that time. Best regards, Seaton, Devon (16/03/2003). Radio Caroline continue(s) Hamilton Ontario, Canada (13/11/2009). Then always they played a very nice record: Bravo Dickowski! I remember listening in the 80's & I am pleased to spot that Luxy is returning to DRM & the internet, although there audio streams haven't been quite up to scratch for the last 6 days! Regards, See MoreSee Less, Stella Stevens: Nutty Professor and Poseidon Adventure star dies at 84, A very young Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr and George Harrison and friends. Thanks for bringing back great memories of lying on the living room floor with large bulky studio headphones on trying to keep the station tuned in while everyone else in the house was asleep. Skjern Denmark (05/08/2008). 35. at that time. Why can one not turn time back?? 81. Radio Luxembourg started with the erased. Teacher (12/12/2002). Jan Broekema 790. 794. Die jungen Zillertaler - Drob'n auf'm Berg (Zwergenlied), Stereoact - Die immer lacht (Radio 2016 Mix) (feat. Do you or anyone know what he is doing know? Edmonton (22/03/2002). Beste Dick, een geweldige site!!! "208" on from the Early fifties until the end. Ocala, FL US (22/12/2005). I only have a few hours. I recorded several shows in the studio for the Radio Geronimo project in Rudolf Kollhoff Mark Riley The powerplay record I think was a record that had been decided was a probable hit before it hit the charts and would be played once an hour for a week.all very well if you liked the record. fade out when your fave song drifted over those static filled airwaves. I used to write the Top 20 down in a notebook, religiously, between 1962 and 1965. Besides listening to the latest hits in the fifties, I used to listen to a sci-fi program; Could anyone tell me the title of the song and artist, please? Just read the sad news about Dave Christian's passing. Some time later, the same thing happened to Don Wardell, with the same technician. Chris Bainbridge I was stationed in Reisenbach Germany from 1961 to 1965 on a remote radio relay site in the middle of nowhere. Australia (27/06/2000). Ronald Grahn Listened all the time, especially during home ect!! Those were the days. 4:01. Is Radio Luxembourg working - all I seem to be getting on internet radio is hiss and a faint sound of music here in the uk? Ik werk bij de TROS en heb in juli en augustus 1988 twee keer kunnen en mogen werken in de 208 studio! Radio C Luxembourg Alternative Music and Classic Hits Player Debug resumeAudio A resumeAudio C mobile player enabled pushFeed = INITIALIZE1677513685954 [object Object] newFeedReading = REITERATE - 1677513685956 >>>>> qtApplyTitle : Jackie Venson - Always Free (Live) Home Playlist Schedule Imprint Contact Archive Keine Archive zum Anzeigen. Hartlepool,England (02/09/2010). Luxembourg, Gr.Duchy of Luxembourg (17/02/2010). 73 from Ferry Blokzyl I was a schoolboy and a policeman once in schooltime high-handed asked us about Radio Luxemburg. Frankie San Diego, California, USA (21/11/2007). 284. Radio Luxembourg was my favourite radio station of my youth in sixties and the Top Twenty on Sunday evenings stay unforgettable.This station stay in my heart forever. 614. Between 1959 and early 1962, I was in the US ARMY and stationed in France. plays rock music with commercials and it bills itself as the world's biggest. I listen to it by a very old philips radio, model 1928 or so Egg model tiniscale idication 0 to 100 with external speaker. Since there is no info on the archives on your site, I am starting to get worried that they may have been destroyed? radio luxembourg power playlist. Zrich, CH (12/10/2000). Ik ben n.l. Many thanks to find this site from you. Mesch, Luxembourg (14/03/2007). Listen to free music and earn Hungama Coins, redeem Hungama coins for free . (I lived in England then) when my brother and I discovered Radio Luxembourg.

Wedding Venues In Arizona, What Are 3 Facts About The Stratosphere, Articles R

wild health test resultsWhatsApp Us