new colt cobra problems

new colt cobra problems

And they still turn out excellent Gold Cup 1911s. As I looked the gun over, I realized that Colt must have come to believe that their customers are actually adults, as the gun had no key lock, nor were there endless admonishments to read the instruction manual (and avoid running with scissors) inscribed on the gun. The GP100 is not small, though. (Photo: Kristin Alberts/Guns.com), Classic Browning Light Twelve Auto-5 Review: Busting Clays With the Old Humpback Shotgun. And they are RARE. Since the department required we carry a S&W or Colt revoler. Your email address will not be published. Perhaps Batman as well. And this one froze so bad it was rendered a paperweight on one of the brands most important days of the year? All Rights Reserved, Original Cobras were produced from 1950 to 1981. In 2022, Colt chose to expand its King Cobra lineup with a rimfire chambering, and the new King Cobra Target packs 10 rounds of .22 LR inside its classically styled frame. The original snake guns from Colt were high-polish, hand fitted masterpieces. Or is this their last-ditch effort at trying to make a buck off of something that seems to be poorly put together with a finish that you can get on a Taurus. The Nylon 66, a relatively inexpensive rimfire with faux woodgrain, was the first successful synthetic-stock firearm. For how long we will see. Thanks but, no thanks. I had one, and fired several other pythons that belonged to an uncle. Will you give an in-depth review of the Nighthawk, please? (Photo: Kristin Alberts/Guns.com), The ejector rod is short, no doubt due to housing constraints of the snub barrel, but is more than adequate to push spent rounds far enough to dump the cylinder. The New Cobra seems like an updated Detective Special. deep Colt blue and Ill take it. If not, the throats are too tight and need to be reamed (let the factory do it). Just last week, Colt announced that they are finally reviving their double action revolvers, starting with a new Colt Cobra. I may take it with me. I was a big Colt snake gun revolver man in the early nineties. No ones making any false claims here brother. Install a nice large WHITE ramped-post front sight (better than my K.Cobra). Items you may find in this auction include 500 firearms to include modern & collectible rifles, shotguns, muzzle loaders, revolvers and pistols. I wish Colt would come back with their snake guns but lets bring them back the way they were originally created instead of this mass-produced mumbo-jumbo garbage crap. When. Gun looks like a Charter Arms product. Though Ive owned only S&Ws, Im a revolver guy and definitely will look at the Cobra. Colt Python 4.25 Problems Early reviews of the Python had a few guns that appeared to fail. The original Cobra had numerous options/variations; will we see these or similar guns coming? Sort of, I suffer from MD and am slowly loosing the use of my hands (legs, arms, ect.) It may not be the people in Miami who have the communication problem. Related Tags: This Cobra looks like a Taurus. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. As for the old Detective Specials: They finally got semi automatic handguns that would reliably fire right out of the box to be sold for less than $600. Stay in the know. Problem 1 (after one month of ownership) = Broken firing pin (sent to colt, one month to be returned) Problem 2 (after one more month) = Broken hammer exactly like sikov's (sent to colt, one month to return) Here, here. Never was much of a Colt lover but wish I had scooped up more of those unpopular snake guns in the 90s when you literally couldnt give them away. From the moment I found out that the Colt Cobra would be reintroduced and that there would be updates and changes made, I had a few questions running around in my head. There still are some jigs that survive at the East Hartford plant in the testfire area but they look rusted beyond salvation. If you have ever traveled to Miami and toward the Taurus plant its like going to another country South of the Border no one speaks English like a sweatshop, And I really appreciate the crappy comments in the little side antidotes youre obviously a younger person with s*** for brains. Please dont tell me this is what you think people want. I would expect a gun brought in by Colt as representative example of their work would have been gone over by them with by a fine-tooth comb before it was displayed. I think they missed the boat. Yeah, the same ol, same ol striker fired polymer affair. As you know, the original Cobra shares its heritage with the Colt Detective Special, and the new Cobra draws upon the same lineage. Call it the 1917 Combat or Marine model. I would welcome the same. In any event, I like the DA pull weight, and it is a nice looking gun, but Id like to see it with a bit more barrel, say somewhere between 3 and 4 inches. Too bad you will be under-armed in a life or death gun fight with a .38. I have only one Comment. Im more interested on how this compares to Ruger, S&W and maybe now Kimber than anything else since that is more of where its priced at. The cylinder release is still old-school original; it is pulled rearward to unlock the cylinder. Again keep up the good work. Nobody has cried about price yet though i may have to scroll down more. Never gonna happen, Colt left most of the Python tooling in the old Colt building in the area where US Patent/US Firearms was making their SAAs. Could it have beed dressed up a bit more? & an occasional spent case hangs up. The trigger guard of the new Colt King Cobra, like those of the new Cobra and Night Cobra, looks as though the gun was dropped on it. So much for the authorities who say one caliber or another is too weak. Dont jump right in and try to replicate the Python, just come out with the King in an excellent polish/blue 6 barrel configuration. Best trade I ever made. Thank you . RIP Bill *****. For starters, parts were built from 410-series steel, which is stronger than what was used on previous versions. With its small frame, 2-inch barrel, an unloaded weight of 25-ounces, it makes for an ideal carry or backup gun. Are you guys at GUNSAMERICA interested in pictures of a Colt Cobra NRA special edition that has not been released to public?? Absolutely; hands down winner. It will be interesting to see what Colt does next. I personally would like to see Colt revive the big old New Service in .45 Colt. The option for a shrouded hammer. I wish you could show them too, I dont understand revolver timing at all nor the colt difference. I have had the cylinder on a J-frame bind after two or three cylinders. Barrel Length: 3 in. And the option to load from light .32 S&W and .32 S&W Long all the way up to .32 H&R Magnum and finally .32 Federal Magnum. But the gun look absolutely amazing just like the day I bought it in 1983. Rifle, Savage 22 Cal. The original Cobra wasnt this type of gun it had an aluminum frame and was a five-shot cylinder. Also, what is with the take off on Pachmyer grips? Im surprised they didnt offer them in anodized colors to boot. There was a huge difference. A. Dont like, dont buy it. As the article says Id love to be wrong about that, but indications seem otherwise. Following your click, you would see an option labeled "Serial Number Lookup.". They are awesome. The original DetSpecs in stainless were a bead-blasted finish, very similar to this Cobra. The blued DSs were pretty nice, but not the Royal Blue of the Python. They call em like they see em, warts and all. All this negativity 38s a weak caliber, why isnt it aluminum, a Python, an Anaconda, a 3, a 4, a 5, a 357, blah, blah, blah. The combination of the grip angle and rubber grip makes shooting controllable and comfortable. I agree with you that would have been a much better plan of attack. Ive done my best to summarize my questions and their answers verbatim, below.Where is the new Colt Cobra produced? Immensely popular in law enforcement circles, the 38 Special, six-shot revo dominated concealed carry . Colt can produce the old style pistols if they actually want to put a couple bucks at it but apparently from your review it seems that there CNC Machining all the parts and assembling them on assembly lines buy gun techs not gunsmith theres your freaking problem Colt. Out on the range the gun shoots just fine, but apparently theres still some bugs to be worked out since one of the test models they had jammed shortly before 11 AM and refused to work for the rest of the day. You could shrink the height and width a. Learned my lesson trying to shoot .357s in my J-frame, and now just pack .38s. Tauruss biggest thing going for it is that they are affordable. Thank you for reminding me of such wonderful memories from my childhood! Great informative post, thank you. My experience with other Colt revolvers like the Anaconda is that they were NOT premium handguns. If you're worried about problems with the new Colt Python, be like the rest of us and wait for the bugs to get worked out before you go out and buy one. After I received the gun and had a chance to shoot it for a while, the people at Colt were gracious enough to let me rapid-fire some questions about the new Colt Cobra at them. That was a non-answer to why its not aluminum. It works one time, and then the cylinder doesn't rotate on subsequent shots (double action or single action). After the release of a YouTube video where the The 2020 Colt Python was seen to malfunction, people have made claims that Colt is recalling the firearm. In any case, Im optimistic for Colt. I can recommend this gun without reservation, something I cant say about all compact revolvers. It was supposed to be one of their lightest weight pieces available, and the blue/black finish on aluminum is, well, feh. I hope to take it to my favorite dealer, and or call Colt to see if it needs to be sent for a check and repair, which I need to learn is an OK thing to do and more than worth the investment of time, work, and possible be free repair, if it even warrants the need for repair. Fits my hands perfectly and is light weight enough to carry, but Ive been looking at Kimber Micros to replace it for carrying because they are so much lighter and slimmer, but just cant make the switch. Dont need 357 magnum. Where are they? Firearms dont get much more iconic than John Moses Brownings legendary Auto-5 semi-auto shotgun, affectionately called the Humpback for its distinctive drop at the rear of the receiver. Defender 45 ACP 3IN Barrel Matte Black Cerakote Handgun . HORSESHIT Colt mislead you with their verbage. Most of Colts Institutional Memory is long gone through either retirement or lay-offs. I read a story of a woman in Ohio (as I recall) who shot a home invader who had chased her and her children up to the attic. The new models are updated small frames like the old Detective Special and Diamondback. You could get the Cobra in .38 Special, .32 Colt New Police, .22 LR, and a few were produced in .38 S&W. Its gone now and I dont miss it at all. Only the Python and the custom shop got the extraordinary level of attention that the author is thinking of here. I dont think my small town gun stores carry them. Get ready for a new generation of stories, because Colt is bringing back the Cobra. Colt Viper 38 Special Revolver (Like New in Box) Notify Me When Available; Brand: Colt; Item Number: VIPER USED; Colt Cobra 38 Special +P Double-Action Revolver $769.99; . I was at Shot Show when they released that turd. In my early teens I read about the Different Gun Smiths in the late 1800 that were doing conversions to make it possible to use black powder Cartridges in the Percussion Pistols. Great to see a Colt with the heavier steel frame.My only concern is the compressed metal parts ( trigger ,hammer) instead of the machined ones on the original Colts. But the best news inside this article is the trigger pull. A target load of a 148-grain wadcutter at 700 fps offers excellent accuracy. However, on the Colt as an EDC, since not using it much, pain on the hand is of little concern, because in a real emergency of 1-6 shots, there is no pain in the moment, and even if shooting 40-50 rounds, pain dissipates over a week. Bean counters were the reason why you went bankrupt the first time dont you think you might want to listen to the people who purchase your products? Ive lost count of the Colt, Rugers, and S&Ws Ive owned over the years. There was a few comments made by me to the cult Smith in a joking fashion about mass production of revolvers LOL. I was just looking at an Enhanced Internal Diagram of the new Cobra. on the trigger pull. The trigger on this sample was perfect; I checked the pull on my Wheeler Digital Trigger Gauge, and the single-action breaks at just over 2 pounds, while the double-action is a consistent 7 pounds. The new .38 Special Colt Cobra delivers a new take on a classic snub-nosed revolver. I just dont get it. Regardless, the MSRP is $670, which means the gun will actually settle in at around $525 retail. Right hand drive The new Cobra, like the Colts that came before it, has a cylinder that rotates clockwise (or to the right), as viewed from the rear. THE SATIN NICKEL FINISH & METAL ARE IN GOOD CONDITION. Hell, TAURUSs stainless looks better than that. Instead of a high polish it looks like Colt went for a bead blasted exterior. It is June 27, 2017 and it is still not available anywhere. Bead blasted finish? This is a natural change in climate sort of speak. Ill probably be investing my money in a kimber k6s. Colt King Cobra - Problems, Malfunctions, and Failures OH MY! Get Guns.com offers and news!! or when cocking to fire? You have entered an incorrect email address! Havent seen any in my area yet! The U-style (soft-V-style?) I have seen Glocks fail to fire on the first shot out of the box. GOOD ARTICLE!I have the 3.8Det. And they had the gall to actually come out with a faux Cobra version of it, too. But theres no comparison. Everything Ive read elsewhere indicates it is closer to the Colt Detective Special, steel frame and substantially heavier. Something isnt right in Colt-Land with either the design, manufacture or QA of that gun. ***** In memory of Bill West / tommix who shared his vast knowledge and passion of Colt's with the forum for so many years. They kept the same good looks but modernized the internals. Keep up the good work. Once I learned where the sights needed to be pointed to deliver the shot where I wanted it to be, it was dead on. I mean, look at how successful Henry is in a market thats saturated with ARs. The market is already absolutely saturated with striker fired polymer wonder 9s. Shame they cant put the same effort into reviving their revolver line. only in 9.mm. This weekend I will have my new holster and will switch to the Cobra. Wow too bad you cant read and comprehend. When US Patent/US Firearms went out of business it all went to the scrapper. Yeah I want onebut the price seems a little steep at $699.00. Ive shot Pythons and Anacondas galore. ALL of the parts for the Cobra are contracted out and made off site, they are just assembled at the factory. Upon inspection of the insides of the Cobra, it became apparent that this was a complete redesign. Although introduced at SHOT Show 2019, the Colt King Cobra revolver traces its lineage all the way back to 1908 with the launch of the Colt Police Positive. Also, 2 of her 5 shots were in non-lethal areas. As much as it pains me to say this however what they need is a Glock contender. Ill be buying 2 of these for my sweetie the wheelgun gal. The Cobra name is actually a little misleading here this will be a steel framed gun, not aluminum like the original Cobra. We worked hard to ensure that if the market wants more Colt DA revolvers, the Cobra design would be flexible enough, and robust enough, to handle future model variations that customers may want. RE: Mustang II that was my exact thought! As far as Im concerned Night Hawk might as well be make believe. Buzz, That changed this year when Colt reintroduced a newly redesigned Cobra. Ordered it in June of 2017 took 10 months. The Cobra was easy to control, with a very soft recoil. Colt CAN make high end firearms, their latest 45/70 custom Gatling gun and BAR 3006 semi auto version are works of art. The new Colt Cobra and King Cobra models are not medium frame revolvers like the old King Cobra. Looks like a charter arms for a whole lot more money and who wants heavy, big, bulky, outdated, .38spcl caliber either yawn waste of time reporting on this dead out of the gate no one wants revolver . Mine too! The new Pythons are definitely the sort of guns that will go with you to the range every time you head out this year, and probably also next year and the year after that But they're also serious shooters. Next post: An Israeli .308 AK? Although we expected no less than perfection, the Cobra fired all ammo with 100 percent reliability. It was clearly the gun I remembered seeing at the 2017 Shot Show (click this link to see our coverage from SHOT Show 2017). Orrin M. Knutson Making the parts on CNC, EDM or MIM machines does, however, more than suffice in a S&W or Ruger. Like you said if I want to junk revolver Ill borrow a Charter Arms or a Taurus. I just replaced it with the Ruger LCR 9 when the Colt made it in steel . It was marketed as, and was, a PREMIUM revolver. Thats not necessarily a bad thing for a concealed carry styled handgun, but the better option for this specific line would be something similar to the deep blueing that came on the original guns. I wish I could take apart a trio of S&W, Ruger, Colt DA revolvers side-by-side and show people whats really going on inside a DA revolver, and what is required to get the timing right. However, it likely SAVED HER LIFE, regardless of how ideal the weapon and ammunition were for self-defense. Ive got a blue 2 1980 Detective Special and a blue 6 1980 Python. So, Colt has done the hard work for us here. How Much does it weights empty.Is recoil the same than the Glock 17/19? To prepare for my trip to the range, I pulled down that box of holsters that all gun guys tend to have and undertook my best effort to find something that the Colt would fit. Accurate? The craftsmen who polished the Pythons used more than THIRTY different buffing wheels and various compounds to just prep for the blueing process (which has been changed by EPA regulations since the old days). The new Cobra is pricey, too, just like any other Colt. 20 ounces loaded with 158s, a scant three ounces heavier than a loaded 642. I have had the trigger break on an HK P7 during the first range session. How dare you disparage the trooper mkiii its the poor mans python and I love mine 6 in barrel and adjustable sights its a tac driver. Not so great for my ex-large hand. Leather, nylon, or Kydex holsters, it doest matter; youre going to get finish wear. colt python new price, reviews, problems, the new colt . Comparing the new Cobra to our Kimber K6s stubbies, though, the Kimbers are much better in terms of fit and finish and consistency and they both shoot, great. We have stopped carrying them at our store because at one time theyre semi-automatics and their revolvers were coming back at least a couple guns a month to be shipped back to Taurus. Intro NEW Colt Python: WHY IT'S A "NO-GO" Gun News & Reviews 68.7K subscribers Subscribe 101K views 1 year ago in 2020, Colt re-released an 'updated' version of the classic Python revolver. It will show less wear and tear with use that blued or polished up. The smooth feel of the trigger pull was matched only by the exquisite exterior finish. The reason why I purchased these besides being a Colt fan fanatic was the simple fact that they were assembled by gunsmith not gun techs on a huge assembly line. I have Dreamed of owing one. The Anaconda also ships with Hogue rubber grips, which help dampen recoil. With barrel lengths of 2,3,4,5 & 6, a 6 shooter using half moon or full moon speed clips or redesign the cylinder with internal clips as Charter Arms did. Its great to see that Colt and Kimber are offering 6-shot revolvers in concealable sizes; wish S&W would return the 6-shot K-frame snubby. I found many positive features. It was my backup and off-duty weapon since I bought it used in the 1960s and it has never failed me or jammed. The new owners understand that abandoning the consumer market was a mistake. The Cobra was designed to be a family name. I handled one at my local gun shop and all I can say is WOW! The success of the Cobra saw Colt bring two more of its iconic revolvers out of retirement. Yeah I would suppose they are changing some things I was there the day at Shot Show when they revealed that when it broke at the shooting range there was a bunch of chatter that I overheard people were not impressed. Why are stories like these, involving Colt revolvers, so prevalent? Muzzle jump and flip, commonly associated with small revolvers, is nonexistent on the Cobra. Save those semi-hand-made Pythons, the new King Cobra is as good as any of the standard production double action revolvers Colt has made. Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy. First of all, I like the idea that they made it a bit heavier but I think they made it too heavy. My 1974 Cobra is my usual carry. So I get it. I had a Colt King Cobra in 357 Magnum a Colt Anaconda in 45 Long Colt and a couple of Colt pythons 1 in 4 inch 1 in 6 inch. That had a very rough finish. Colt spent many years carefully planning before re-entering the revolver market with the Cobra. A vintage Colt Cobra 2nd model located in the Guns.com Vault. Fans of Colt revolvers have been clamoring for a new model for years, and the Colt Cobra addresses that desire. And it immediately turned heads, winning the 2020 Ballistic's Best Reader's Choice Award for Best Revolve r. . Dont make them generally available. Just my $0.10 worth. Feature Articles, I fired the gun double action first shot cylinder started to rotate probably 15 degrees or so and the trigger stopped wouldnt let me press any further and the cylinder stopped as well. Its there, but we all know it wont look like polished steel. This gun is a winner. If I move the cylinder latch lever a little, the cylinder will rotate on the . The S&Ws rotate out of the window. Theyre the only Gun Company besides Caltech that you you have a constant supply of firearms being shipped back to the manufacturer because of design problems and just poor quality parts. I recently handled a new Colt King Cobra at my LGS. Im pretty sure Colt got rid of their custom shop so now who knows you probably cant get it done anymore. You cant just throw the parts in a tumbler and be good to go. Colt didnt quite get the SF stainless series trigger right- I have a DS-II thats no better than okay, and the Magnum Carry I had was better but not sensational. I heard an interview by one of their guys. Those 12 and 16 ounce revolvers are too light. That $200-$300 will buy a lot of ammo. I did notice some of the black paint stripped off just outside and near the cylinder but on the left side of the body, along an edge, very slightly noticeable, after one month, and only using it at a range once, which I thought would have occurred one year into it. I found that rather than splitting the dot, I needed to cover it; otherwise, I tended to land a little low. Just thinking! Epic 22 Pocket Pistol: The Beretta 71 Jaguar. It holds 6-rounds of .38 Special and is capable of firing the hotter +P ammunition as well. I hope the Cobra fares better. Greg, this blog is called The Truth About Guns. We are building all Cobras right here in our factory in West Hartford, Connecticut.. Feeling that his dad needed something for personal protection, he gave him the Colt Trooper, which served him until he passed away a few years ago. The new Cobra sports a Hogue OverMolded grip. Source: As a new Police Officer back in 1969 after graduation one of the first things was the purchase of an off duty gun. Colt was not happy with their original CNC shop and switched after finding a machine shop with state of the art machines and equipment that could fit their needs better. Let us make you an offer!

Wilmington Shipwrecks, Thompson Larson Funeral Home Minot, Nd Obituaries, List Of Covid Hotspots Adelaide, Articles N

wild health test resultsWhatsApp Us