whitefish school district staff

Background: Doctor of Dental Surgery from the University of Minnesota; Bachelor of Arts in Biology from Gustavus Adolphus College; Former CEO and CFO of multiple dental offices; former President and VP of Austin Youth Hockey Association; former assistant high school hockey coach; former volunteer EMT and firefighter; volunteer for North Valley Search and Rescue. The district is engaged with leaders in the community to work towards affordable housing solutions. 200 Stageline Dr, Whitefish, MT 59937. Todd Lengacher has a vast amount of experience in education coupled with a strong desire to be involved in the community and local schools. Location: Whitefish School District Board Room 600 East Second Street Whitefish, MT 59937. My mediation skills are needed during such divided times. Postal Service and in award winning magazines. Lengacher has long family ties to the valley as his inlaws have owned property on Flathead Lake for many years. Im actually looking forward to, if I were on the board, helping begin to make a plan for that, he expressed. I will stand up for our children, parents and teachers by seeking to level the playing field for all. Emails to trustees received after the business meeting is postedwill be included in the next business meeting packet. She and her husband Joel Shehan have one son in third grade at Muldown Elementary and the family enjoys being in the outdoors, especially hiking and paddle boarding. Jerrie Boksich was born and raised in Portland, Oregon, and attended public schools. Diehl says one of his strongest qualities that he would contribute to the board is his ability to listen and his desire to hear all points of the issue before making any recommendations. Various art shows have displayed student works across the county, state and at the national level. The Whitefish School District office at Central School downtown. In my opinion, the most significant challenge is coming out of the pandemic both academically and emotionally. As the election approaches, Kearns hopes voters will keep in mind that although shes new to living in Whitefish, she understands the community and just has a desire to serve for the betterment of local education. Board of Trustees Monthly Work Session. I can get established in the community and serve it at the same time.. Todd Lengacher is honored to join the board in the spring of 2021. Staff. Family: I am married to my high school sweetheart; we have four children, ages 5-14. Why are you the best candidate for this position and what will you bring to the board if elected? He is an incurable do-it yourselfer, enjoys cooking and being outdoors and has won awards for his writing and his photography. 56 were here. As much as anything, I want to leverage my experience with schools and with boards to build the best and highest functioning board we possibly can.. And given his background in education, he feels like the Whitefish School Board would be a good fit. Amina is also a science teacher at the middle school and a lawyer in the Air Force. Utilizing resources efficiently can be challenging. There is no staff matching your search criteria Administration. P: 406.862.8650 F: 406.862.8664. Type any part of the Job Title, Job Type, or Job Location to Search, Director of Student Services (Beginning 23/24), PowerSchool Group LLC and/or its affiliate(s). Support should materialize into meaningful accommodation. Our school district can look to other nearby districts and learn from how they use their funding to support programs for students who are in the most need of intervention and adapt our strategies accordingly. High school enrollment is already nearing capacity. Although Diehl has never served on a school board before, he believes his leadership experience from his military career would be an asset to the Whitefish School Board. I have served four months as a school trustee, mentored students by providing shadowing experiences in the veterinary field and volunteering annually for Expanding Your Horizons, a national STEM event to introduce girls to careers and role models in their communities. DECA is the youngest activity at WHS with students taking several honors across the state and a national championship that included international competitors. I am not only familiar with all the topics that need to be addressed, but I will also continue to put my energy into providing a welcoming and enriching education for all students and creating a positive working environment for our staff. The queer community has become a targeted group recently and this should be addressed at the district level. Job specializations: Administrative/Clerical. We had a week at an Airbnb in Whitefish and just absolutely fell in love with it, he said. I definitely want to come with the intention of open mindedness to the position, she said. I feel like Im a really good listener; I like to listen to all perspectives before weighing in on a decision.. As a parent of young children, working in the service industry and a woman of color, its clear this perspective is absent in our communitys leadership. Free administrative/clerical job search site: School Secretary job in Whitefish Montana, USA. I think were a growing economy in Whitefish; the challenge would be to serve every member of the community and know what their needs are because theyre coming from all different directions of the country, Morrow said. But also with Whitefish Superintendent Dave Means only being a year into his new role and then a new principal starting at Muldown in the fall, she believes there will be challenges associated with the changes in leadership. Mission - The Whitefish School District cultivates and supports a community Whitefish Bay School District is a top performing district in Wisconsin and the Midwest. Id bring a sense of leadership and sharing in ideas, Morrow said. Lengacher has long family ties to the valley as his inlaws have owned property on Flathead Lake for many years. Lastly, the lack of affordable housing is having a direct impact on hiring and retaining staff. In the 2022 Whitefish School District election, there are five trustee candidates running for two open positions. Several students have displayed their skills and talents by playing in the Glacier Symphony and Chorale which performs across the Flathead County. All responses are in the words of the candidates and edited only for style. As much as anything, I want to leverage my experience with schools and with boards to build the best and highest functioning board we possibly can.. Staff; Staff. She also teaches communication courses at the college level. The board should consider creative options, such as involvement in affordable housing at the city level, or spearheading their own housing initiatives. The biggest challenge is to meet the needs and bring kids to a place thats up to speed with what we can give them as far as care and nurturing.. From everyone I talked to, this district worked hard to put in place what I would call an adaptive management approach she said. No just policy has within its construction the power to excuse child abuse and violation from its effects, whether through denial, ignoring, or in the name of a false, or even a true premise. How do we all catch up after the last year to two years of interrupted educational experiences and make sure were serving all these kids not just their educational needs but the extreme stress and emotional burden that theyve been carrying, she said. I feel this pay it forward, as far as Im incredibly grateful for my career and my education that I received as part of a Montana public school system that allows me to have the life I have today; I want that for every kid.. He also currently serves on the North Valley Food Bank and Whitefish Education Foundation boards, and is the executive director of the Big Brothers, Big Sisters of Northwest Montana program. Staff Directory District Overview Directions 406.862.8640 Email Directions. But do they leave the room feeling like they are heard and hopeful; I think I can offer that.. In 2017 she said her family had a tough time after her husband was involved in a tragic avalanche accident in Glacier National Park. Terms of Use | As a mom of two Whitefish Schools students, Clarke's goal as a school board member is to advocate for every student to have the most positive and high-quality educational experience possible. Transparency of politically charged curriculum is a must, but not enough. I can get established in the community and serve it at the same time.. I will strive to bring creative solutions to ensure fair and just policy, and reject policies that create more problems. How do we all catch up after the last year to two years of interrupted educational experiences and make sure were serving all these kids not just their educational needs but the extreme stress and emotional burden that theyve been carrying, she said. Business Teacher. She has a bachelor's in fine arts and communications, and currently working on her master's degree in professional counseling. And in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic, Morrow supports the way the district handled reopening schools. And out of the variety of ways to participate in building and shaping my community, serving on the school board is a great fit given my skills and experiences. No, I do not want to apply for that job. Dr. Katie Clarke is a communication researcher. But now I think its time to continue along the same path in whatever the community and school district decide is the next marker. If elected he says his first task would just be to listen to the issues at hand and learn from the trustees, administrators and community members. PLEASE NOTE: All emails will be posted as public correspondenceat the next school board business meeting. The city and outlying areas compose a population of 10,000 citizens. Kearns would like to help mend that and wants to start by serving on the school board. Through this work she developed a skill set that she believes would be beneficial to have on the Whitefish School Board. And looking forward he would welcome contributing to the board as a trustee as they make further decisions regarding the pandemic, such as decisions involving vaccinations. To begin a new application, choose a job from the available listings below. I feel like I have the capacity and the will to give back., Secondly I really feel that childhood education sets the foundation for success in life.. His wife has a masters in public health and has been highly involved in infection mitigation in Montana during the pandemic. Ray and Jerries family include 2 grown children and 5 grandchildren plus 24 exchange students who have all attended the Whitefish schools. He added that other priorities for him as a trustee would include ensuring quality teaching materials and a supportive standardized curriculum for teachers, empowering kids to make their own decisions, supporting extracurricular programs and improving communication in parent-teacher relationships across the district. A strong educational program K-12 exists for all students. Bulletin Board. I dont know what all our needs are right now, so first of all I want to be a sounding board and listen and learn, Diehl said. Hes worked in schools both domestically and internationally, helping to develop educational programs in 13 countries. When considering the issues facing the school district, COVID and continuing to adapt to the issues arising from the pandemic is definitely on her mind, she notes. As far as how the school district handled the COVID-19 pandemic, Diehl said he supported the districts methodical approach to reopening schools. She acknowledges the challenges the pandemic caused in the educational setting, but also respects the decisions the district made by implementing the hybrid in person and online model. David Diehl now works as a director of operations at RightOnTrek. He and his wife were married on their family property on Flathead Lake and eventually moved to Whitefish in 2018. I definitely want to come with the intention of open mindedness to the position, she said. Find job postings in CA, NY, NYC, NJ, TX, FL, MI, OH, IL, PA, GA, MA, WA, UT, CO, AZ, SF Bay Area, LA County, USA, UAE, SA, North America, abroad. Five candidates are running for the Whitefish School Board. It was just humbling and incredible the amount of initiation random people who wed never met took to reach out she recalled. She says she wants to make sure everyone living here and moving here is treated like an individual, not just a number. My degree from an elite university demonstrates my commitment to providing pathways to higher education for all students. She admitted that the board and administrators were in a tough situation and did the best they could at the time. Prior to becoming a trustee I actively attended Whitefish School District board meetings and work sessions. It is there she met her husband, Kyle, a Whitefish native. As a current board member, my interest in this position begins with my strong belief in our public school system and our community as a whole. The high school is almost at student capacity with the growth of our community. Mr. Josh Branstetter Principal Mr. Tyler Jones Assistant Principal Teachers. Wfbschools.com - Whitefish Bay Schools | An Exceptional Place to Learn Athletic/activities programs function as an integral part of the total curriculum by providing a variety of experiences in sportsmanship, teamwork, competition and by helping the individual students develop a healthy self concept. Lastly she added that with skills shes obtained through her career combined with her hardworking attitude she knows she could make a positive impact if elected to the board. Since then shes wanted to find a way she could leverage her skillset and contribute to the betterment of the community running for school board seemed like a great opportunity to do just that. Each building has a PTA Volunteer Coordinator who would gladly assist you with your unique skills that may be shared with staff and students. Students also have the option of attending Flathead Valley Community College by taking classes of their choice in the Running Start program. MA Technology and Learning WGU. Five candidates are running for the Whitefish School Board. Thats something she believes every child should have. Emails or letters received after that will be included in the following month's business meeting materials. Ms. Victoria Buls. But one main reason is to give back to the community. Full Time position. Fall sports of cross country, football, golf, soccer and volleyball have consistently won state titles. Her interest in children is a huge reason why she is running for a trustee seat on the Whitefish School Board. 1118 East 7th St., Whitefish, MT 59937 P: (406) 862-8620 F: (406) 730-2176 She says she wants to make sure everyone living here and moving here is treated like an individual, not just a number. Morrow has been a dancer her whole life and also enjoys going to restaurants and reading in her free time. I just think theres lots of possibilities for us to continue to be innovative given the relatively small size and the support for education in Whitefish.. As the pandemic narrative on masking and jabs unravels, it's clear our children were subject to political agendas and not health measures. As an accomplished soccer player, I have helped local soccer teams by assisting in coaching. ! Vocal Music Students begin their quest for vocal music at Muldown Elementary and Whitefish Middle School show casing their talents at local district and building level events. She says she always had a desire to get into local politics and government and knows she has a lot to offer in the role. She said her personal qualities of commitment and loyalty will help her make a difference if she takes on this role. In spite of the pandemic, our high school is ranked number two in the state and our reading and math scores are on the upswing across every grade level in the district. Darcy Schellinger grew up in Billings, MT and graduated with a degree in Business Finance from Montana State University. However she does believe a huge concern facing the school district is continuing to recover from the educational setbacks and emotional disturbances to students caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Kearns and her family moved to Whitefish in September 2020, although they have been coming to the area to visit often since her husbands family has owned a cabin in Essex for many years. F: (406) 730-2176, 600 East 2nd St. 6th Grade and Intervention Teacher. In the past she worked for a nonprofit that partnered with schools to deliver extended programming this work helped her grow to recognize the struggles that teachers and students face daily. Please select a different job from those listed below. Instrumental Music all students have the choice of instruments beginning with the 5th grade and may specialize with one or more instruments by the time they finish their high school career. Background: Studied music at Cornish College of the Arts, political science at Oregon State University and various community colleges. She served as the local American Cancer Society Education Director for many years. BA History and Political Science U of M. Minor Library Media U of M. Whitefish, MT 59937 . Congratulations to your new WHS royalty! - The Whitefish School District cultivates and supports a community that engages each student to succeed in continuous learning, In addition to working in education in Seattle, Vermont, and Montana, Todd worked at a school in Spain and developed educational and community-based programming in South & Central America, Europe, Africa, and Asia. Written public correspondence can be submitted by emailing the Trustees at trustees@whitefishschools.org or by a written letter sent to the Whitefish School District Trustees at 600 East Second Street, Whitefish, MT 59937. I think that is a really important skill set that Im bringing to the table because our job on the school board is listening to a bunch of varied positions and opinions of people that are not agreeing with each other, Kearns said. History & Computer Coding Teacher. You have an incomplete application for Leanette Kearns has an understanding of schools and the challenges teachers, staff and students face daily. Theres people who have been on the board and dedicated educators who are in the trenches that I want to hear from to learn what they view as the priorities first.. He spent 20 years as an educator, 10 of those in administration, and has a masters in mathematics. You have an incomplete application for If elected, Lengacher says other priorities would include understanding the impact that the pandemic has had on education and also how its accelerated the income, education and Access gap within the community. Search: There is no staff matching your search criteria Administration. Listed on 2023-03-02. $570,000. I think the next step is allowing kids to go to school without wearing masks, we need to work towards that goal.. Although new to living fulltime in Whitefish, Kearns didnt want to wait any longer to get involved in the community. Our WHS choir students may participate in Concert Choir, Voce Primo and Chorale. P: (406) 862-8620 Staff and students have received training in the Montana Behavior Institute, ASIST program, Student Assistance Training program, Second Step, Respect of Us and Stop, Talk, Walk. Website Disclaimer. However, he would like to see that progression continue and figure out the next steps in returning kids to normalcy in the classroom. Ms. Catey Nasello Principal Mr. John Coyne Assistant Principal . If elected to the school board, keeping that genuine community feel and engagement is one aspect she would prioritize. Editor's note: This Q&A article was compiled by Whitefish Pilot editor Whitney England. Over the last year, Lengacher says he supports the decisions the board made regarding reopening schools during the pandemic. She said although her family felt they had roots in Whitefish long before that, the actions of the community solidified those feelings. My children will be attending school in the Whitefish district for the next 13 consecutive years. I have daily interactions with students, parents, teachers and the community that provide a boots on the ground perspective. Several participants have placed at the NW divisional to include Gold Medal winners. P: 406.862.8650 F: 406.862.8664. Being a veterinarian in our community provides me with the ability to interact with diverse community members on a daily basis. I understand the importance of working as a team and invite differences in opinion which results in more creative problem-solving. Bennetts and her family moved to the Flathead Valley in 2004, then settled into Whitefish 10 years later. I am very dedicated; if I decide to do something I give it my all, she said. Teachers/ Staff Family: Married to Bill Paatalo; three kids and one due this week. Students have a wide selection of elective programs to include pottery, drawing and painting. P: (406) 862-8650 They have been involved in the Whitefish Winter Carnival in many capacities for 30 years including serving as the King and Queen of the carnival in 2016. Candidate preferences are the decision of the Employer or Recruiting Agent, and are controlled by them alone. School Board governance is a non-partisan position that carries a wide range of responsibilities and duties. Whitefish Middle School Back to top Bulldog Tip Line (406) 730-3080 | speakup@whitefishschools.org News & Announcements 7th Grade Girls Basketball Tournament @ West Valley 8th Grade Girls Basketball Tournament @ Kalispell Middle School Whitefish High School Expansion Information Poster The Bulldog Buzz

Stephanie Joshi Height, Weight, Athleta Salutation Vs Salutation Ii, What Happened To The Real Bill In The Tale, Glasgow Gangster Found Dead, Jerry Goodman Obituary, Articles W

wild health test resultsWhatsApp Us