westchester medical center pediatric residency

Advocating for children at AAP Advocacy Day in Albany. Hanging out with family and friends, baking, reading, hiking. The Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program at Westchester Medical Center offers a continuously evolving educational curriculum which is heavily influenced by the residents' valuable input and follows the educational objectives and core competencies established by the Council on Resident Education in Obstetrics and Gynecology (CREOG). Won intern of the year. Fun Fact/Accomplishments: I like investing in crypto currency. Hobbies:Krav Maga, cooking, puzzles and traveling. Also the sculptures on the front lawn. Fun Fact:I love cakes, if you see me with cake, please take it away from me! Favorite thing about the Program/MFCH:The people here are welcoming, thoughtful, and willing to go the extra mile! . Favorite thing about the program/MFCH:The people! Graduating medical school in the top 10 of my class and baking a four-tier birthday cake! The hospital has 895 beds with 50 ICU beds, a state-of-the-art telehealth center Full-Time. Chicago Medical School, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine & Science, Hanging out with my son, Pilates, traveling, trying new restaurants, binge-watching reality tv, Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine, Most likely fellowship, NICU or hospitalist. Heidy Wang, MD The wide range of clinics offered allows residents to choose which type of outpatient pediatric clinic they would prefer. Hometown:Huntington, NY Fun Fact/Accomplishments: I have a cat named Jane Fonda and she is purrfect. Favorite thing about the program/MFCH:I get to work everyday with outstanding professionals and human beings. Career Goals:To become a competent & compassionate physician, with an interest in research and teaching. With the introduction of a Wellness Curriculum in 2019 and the development of our resident-run Wellness Committee, we have initiated a program-wide culture shift to recognize and address the challenges associated with being a modern physician. To make an appointment. In my short time here, I have been blown away by the support you receive in this program from both the leadership and your peers. Upstate Medical University participates in the National Resident Matching Program, Inc. And I have a pet shrimp named Shrimpy! Hobbies:Cooking (and eating), finding the best cup of coffee, yoga, dance, family/friend time Favorite thing about the Program/MFCH:The people that I am surrounded by makes the hard days so worth it. Hobbies:Walking my dog, Piper; Peloton cycling, Weightlifting, High Intensity Interval Training, Skiing, hiking, reading a good book, and I love a good Netflix Binge! Hometown:Queens, NY Rouba Sayegh, MD I also love the wide variety of pathology we see in our hospital, and that I will feel confident leaving my training here with the knowledge I need to take care of patients on my own! Career Goals:Pediatric cardiology They are real sisters and I have had them since my friend found them outside when they were 6 weeks old. 14 Rye Ridge Plaza . I'm intrigued about NICU, Endocrinology and Cardiology! Career Goals:To be a great pediatrician! Accomplishments:Throughout medical school, I became a Licensed Crisis Counselor and volunteered for a local Domestic Violence Shelter. ely funeral home neptune, nj; longest nfl game weather delay; cari laque bio; Online Forms. Hobbies:Long distance running, I have run marathons in three different countries. Subspecialty: Westchester Medical Center Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship Program, Valhalla, NY. Our pediatric residency program Zoom ID is 477.318.5601. Residents are also able to take dedicated four-week research electives in their second or third years. Shanel Mehta, DO Medical School:TouroCOM Harlem Fun Fact:I have a sweet tooth! Medical School:NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine Julia Kim, DO I also helped write science content for a number of science-themed board games and helped edit some science-themed childrens books. Hobbies:Running, biking, cooking Among other things, we have hosted dinners for new interviewees, started a new mentorship program between NYMC students and residents, and are expanding our diversity education curriculum in coordination with the Assistant Program Director, Dr. Sonia Solomon. Hobbies:Hiking, backpacking, rock climbing, ice climbing, cooking and baking Dave Plaza, MD Accomplishments:I ran two half marathons, both in under two hours! Ultimately, I would like to work in academic medicine as I love teaching and working with medical students to help them achieve their career goals! In the past these educational sessions have been in person, but in light of current events, morning reports and noon conferences have been transitioned to hybrid in person didactics with online streaming via Zoom. Cedarwood Hall, Valhalla, NY. Fun Fact:I don't understand sarcasm Our pediatric residency program Zoom ID is 477.318.5601. I read lots of queer romance novels. Feel free to pop in just about every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8 -9 a.m. Along with an amazing team of educators and advocates, I developed a longitudinal disabilities awareness and inclusion curriculum for healthcare professionals, which has been successfully integrated into the New York Medical Colleges School of Medicine curriculum. I am a certified international lifeguard, swimming and canoeing instructor, and have my boating license. Career Goals:Acute care subspecialty (PEM/NICU/PICU), MedEd Srujana Sattari, MBBS Books, movies, TV shows. Also the fish tanks and the fire truck. So Stay tuned. We pride ourselves on our programs supportive, inclusive culture that values advocacy and joy in our work. Medical School:New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine ET (morning report) and every weekday 12 p.m. - 1 p.m. Hobbies:I love to swim, cook during my spare time I love the people here! I'm still exploring the world of Pediatrics - current interests are hospitalist and NICU! Hobbies:Improving my tennis skills, walking dogs that I wish were mine, and being adventurous with the people I care about. Feel free to pop in just about every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8 -9 a.m. Olivia Shyong, DO The Children s Hospital at Montefiore (CHAM) and the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics have initiated a national search to identify candidates to serve as the Chief of the Division of Pediatric Critical Care Medicine to support all clinical, educational, scholarly, and administrative activities of the . Hometown:Southlake, TX Some of the most popular departments for research are PICU, NICU, pulmonology, and hematology/oncology. Favorite thing about the program/MFCH:Amazing people! To provide a venue for discussion and social support surrounding issues pertaining to diversity and inclusion. Located on the west bank of the Hudson River, this park offers hiking, biking and cross-country skiing along the Appalachian Trail, shaded picnic and camping areas, and opportunities for lake and river fishing. The people and the pathologies! This changed the trajectory of my career and has made me really reflect on the way that our mentors shape our futures. Buddy Program:A voluntary program to match interns with seniors to help ease the transition into residency. The medical school has a new translational research center that provides the infrastructure to conduct high quality research by utilizing the resources offered by New York Medical College and clinical investigators at Westchester Medical Center. Our robust emergency department is always busy and provides excellent exposure to a variety of pathology, as well as hands-on exposure to a variety of procedures. I felt like I was welcome and fit in, and I knew I wanted these to be my co-residents for the next journey of my career. Our Dentistry Team. I helped implement a clinic-based program linking eligible immigrant families to pro-bono legal services to help increase their access to healthcare services, Rock climbing, painting, museum hopping, trying new food. When I went back to do my pre-med coursework, the only course requirement I had already filled was in the English Department. At Westchester Health, our Pediatrics Department contains board trained and certified physicians who specialize in providing a broad range of comprehensive care, managing both common and complex illnesses in infants, children, adolescents and young adults up to age 21. 3203511167 New York Presbyterian Hospital (Columbia Campus) Pediatrics residency program New York. Were given the space and support to be ourselves and grow in our own way. Additionally, we hold PICU boot camps, IV simulations, splinting and suture workshops that are frequently provided throughout the year for our residents. Each resident is paired with a career mentor in their desired field, based on their area of interest. . Ghita Elmejjati Burdier, MD Also, the hospital is like Disney World on each ward, and I love Disney! Excellent faculty and fabulous, supportive co-residents. Noon conference consists of a boards-based curriculum that is supplemented by a variety of educational topics in all pediatric subspecialty areas as well as wellness sessions, journal club, resident-as-teacher presentations, pediatric board review sessions, emergency medicine skills workshops, critical care lectures and monthly house staff meetings. Accomplishments:Was able to DJ in NYC and while abroad in Ireland. Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Posted: October 11, 2022. My name is French, but Im actually South African. Westchester Medical Center is the flagship of the 10-hospital Westchester Medical Center Health Network (WMCHealth). Career Goals:Pediatric Emergency Medicine Maria Fareri Children's Hospital is a member of the Westchester Medical Center Health Network (WMCHealth) and an academic partner of New York Medical College. Undecided, going into residency with an open mind! Now during COVID, we maintain social distancing, but still practice wellness via Zoom get-togethers. Svetlana Duvidovich, DO Hobbies:Going on food adventures, exploring new cultures, traveling, being a plant mama, and lots of crafting. This changed the trajectory of my career and has made me really reflect on the way that our mentors shape our futures. We offer the full complement of core pediatric subspecialty rotations (Cardiology, Pulmonology, GI, Nephrology, ID, etc) all of which are done in house at Maria Fareri Childrens Hospital. Faculty research mentors are also assigned to residents in their PL-1 year; these faculty help residents find project mentors and help develop their ideas into workable original research and quality improvement projects. Favorite thing about the Program/MFCH:Incredibly supportive administration and co-residents. The remainder of the year includes one month each of NICU, ED, Well-Baby Nursery, Adolescent Medicine and Developmental/Behavioral Pediatrics, two weeks of a Community Pediatric Advocacy rotation (CPA),as well as a rotation devoted to improving residents' procedural and evidence-based medicine skills. Residents graduate confident and very competent in high acuity/pressure situations. "Another thing to add about this program is that there is no pre rounding. Became a BNGAP fellow this year. Accomplishments:My family and sons As community hospitals across the nation reduce or shutter inpatient pediatric services, WMCHealth invests in community-based . NYC offers everything: a picnic in Central Park, cityscapes on the "Top-of-the Rock" at Rockefeller Center, Broadway shows, the Bronx Zoo, professional sports (the Yankees, the Knicks, the Rangers, the Giants, and the Jets), concerts, and some of the best and most diverse restaurants in the world. Radiology Residency Program. We review all applicants from a holistic standpoint, taking into account their overall diversity, skills, and experience. They are real sisters and I have had them since my friend found them outside when they were 6 weeks old. Ultimately, I hope to grow lasting, meaningful relationships with my patients and their families. Everyone is really close and welcoming. Career Goals:TBD, but leaning toward General Pediatrics And I've got a monstera deliciosa plant that's practically a family member at this point. I was a book editor for four years before I changed careers to medicine. Career Goals:Undecided Medical School: Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, Erie Medical School:St. George's University School of Medicine Hobbies:Hanging out with my son, Pilates, traveling, trying new restaurants, binge-watching reality tv The honesty and professionalism of the program's leadership and residents. From Level 1, Level 2 and Pediatric Trauma Centers, the region's only acute care children's . Badar M. Mian, MD, FACS specializes in the treatment of prostate cancer, bladder cancer and kidney cancer. Favorite thing about the program/MFCH:The people! I always feel comfortable asking questions and learning! Aliza Grabie, MD Hometown:Hidalgo, Mexico Read reviews and see ratings from program alumni. Dr. Newman received his medical degree from New York Medical College and has been in practice for 45 years. To be an awesome Pediatrician to many wonderful kiddos- in what subspecialty to be decided! Westchester Medical Center Valhalla Campus, the flagship of the Westchester Medical Center Health Network is the premier provider of advanced medical care and it is the only designated Level I Trauma center serving the entire Hudson Valley region. Physician / Radiation Medicine / Valhalla, NY. Boston MA 02111 | 617-636-5000 Additionally, there is a committee run by pediatric residents that organizes monthly wellness and social events inside and outside the hospital. Sarah Korn, DO I also helped write science content for a number of science-themed board games and helped edit some science-themed childrens books. All inpatient rotations occur at Maria Fareri Children's Hospital. Fun Fact:English wasn't my first language, Punjabi was! I learned Spanish while studying medicine in Puerto Rico! Hobbies:Plants, salsa dancing, medical simulation, hiking, anything creative! Eliana Segal, MD I would also love to be more involved with advocating for my community. I read lots of queer romance novels. Yevgeniy Liverant, MD Everyone is so kind and welcoming. Also, who doesnt enjoy seeing a giant fish tank!? Pediatric Orientation: Last week of June 2023 I was a university professor, academic advisor, and intern at the NYC Office of the Chief Medical Examiner prior to medical school. Raised over $250,000 with my hockey team to help pay for kids cancer treatments! Career Goals:Pediatric Intensive Care or Emergency Medicine From the beginning at orientation to the final days at the graduation dinner, we truly become a family. Favorite thing about the Program/MFCH:The supportive learning environment, the camaraderie among the residents, incredible attendings, and diverse pathology. ET (noon conference) and 1:00-1:30 ET (clinic conference) to get a glimpse of our daily education and resident life! I became interested in Pediatrics after I had an amazing rotation with attendings who really cared about us as students. Presented research at a national conference at age 20. So Stay tuned. Welcome to the Pediatric Hospital Medicine Fellowship Program at Westchester Medical Center! Medical School:New York Medical College Home; WMCHealth Network. Favorite thing about the program/MFCH:I rotated at MFCH as a family medicine resident, and fell completely in love with the hospital and the program, and went through the Match again so I could join. Rock climbing, running, biking, hiking, eating chocolate, Nova Southeastern University College of Allopathic Medicine. Career Goals:NICU Victoria (Tori) Close, MD Many residents in the past have done away rotations at private offices, global health locations, and specialized departments at other hospitals. WMC is an academic medical center and the flagship hospital of the Westchester Medical Center Health Network. Hobbies:Anything food related (cooking, baking, and especially eating), listening to podcasts (my favorite right now is Crime Junkie), bingeing Netflix, traveling and spending time with my family and friends! Oh, you meant my fun fact? Daniel Steiner, MD WMCHealth employs more than 12,000 people and has nearly 3,000 attending physicians. 3203511161 Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai New York. Internal Medicine-Pediatrics; Interventional radiology - integrated; Medical genetics and genomics; Neurological surgery; Neurology; Nuclear medicine; . Hometown:Baltimore, MD Accomplishments:I biked across the country from the Washington coast to the Connecticut coast during the summer of 2019. I taught myself how to solve a Rubiks cube. Hometown:Decatur, AL We are proud of our program and its graduates, and we look forward to introducing them to you. To be a Pediatrician who children and families trust. Hobbies:Golf Surgery Residency Program. Favorite thing about the Program/MFCH:My co-residents and our dedicated faculty. Hobbies:Hiking/outdoor activities, traveling, cooking Rachel Friedmann, DO 717 S. Houston, 4th Floor. All PL2s have two and a half months as inpatient senior team leader (split among each of the three teams), plus 2 weeks of Quality Improvement, and one month each of NICU, ED, PICU, Community Pediatrics and Advocacy, and half a month at our on-campus Child Advocacy Center, the regional referral center for evaluation of non-accidental injuries and sexual trauma in children. Fun Fact:I have two fluffy cats named Clark and Curby! Fun Fact:I saw the peak of Mount Everest! Hawthorne, NY 10532. Fun Fact/Accomplishments:By listening to podcasts on 2x to 4x speed, I've listened to over 100 days worth of podcasts. MFCH is the principal referral center of the Hudson Valley, the 150-mile region between New York City and Albany; this ensures that our residents manage childhood illnesses that range from common, to rare, to previously undescribed. Were given the space and support to be ourselves and grow in our own way. Accomplishments:Raised over $250,000 with my hockey team to help pay for kids cancer treatments! After college, she worked on Wall Street for three years, before becoming a high school biology teacher in the Bronx, NY. Ultimately, I would like to work in academic medicine as I love teaching and working with medical students to help them achieve their career goals! Hometown:New Hampshire Hobbies:Hiking, Biking, Painting, Swimming. Accomplishments:Masters degree in nutrition Fun Fact:I won 'Most Distinguished Laugh' and 'Most Likely to Succeed' in my high school's Senior Superlatives Contact Us . Fun Fact: I have a secret passion for cooking and plating aesthetically appealing dishes, and even more so designing novelty sandwiches with a life goal to open my own retro designer soup and sandwich shop. I also want to get involved with medical student education to inspire future Pediatricians! All residents are graduates of ADA accredited dental schools and are licensed dentists. Urology Residency Program. Westchester Medical Center is a 600-bed hospital that serves as the primary teaching . Brianna Cocuzzo, MD Interviews for invited applicants will be offered, Advanced Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery and Pelvic Pain, Ovarian, Fallopian, and Primary Peritoneal, Urogynecology, Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, Neurosurgical Oncology and Skull Base Surgery, Functional Neurosurgery and Adult Epilepsy Surgery Program, Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Program (HCM), Mechanical Circulatory Support | Ventricular Assist Device (VAD), Westchester Medical Center COVID-19 Testing, Cardiac Catheterization and Invasive Cardiology, Catheter Ablation for Cardiac Arrhythmias, Brain and Spine Institute | Department of Neurosurgery, COVID-19: Vaccination, Testing and Treatment, Ear, Nose, Throat (ENT) / Otolaryngology / Head and Neck Surgery, Preventive Health Screenings, Tests and Immunizations, WMCHealth COVID-19 Specimen Collection for Testing, Cardiac Catherterization & Invasive Cardiology, Billing, Insurance, and Financial Assistance, Pre-Admission Testing (One Medical Passport), Cardiothoracic Surgery | Heart Surgery & Advanced Cardiac Care, Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Program (HCM), Adult Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology Fellowship Program, Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program, Regional Anesthesiology and Acute Pain Medicine Fellowship Program, Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology Fellowship Program, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Fellowship Program, Interventional Cardiology Fellowship Program, Pediatric Gastroenterology Fellowship Program, Pediatric Hematology Oncology Fellowship Program, Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry Fellowship, Pulmonary/Critical Care Fellowship Program, Surgical Critical Care Fellowship Program, Cerebrovascular and Endovascular Neurosurgery, Cellular Therapy and Stem Cell Transplantation. Favorite thing about the program/MFCH:My co-residents and seniors that always look out for one another. Also, there's no such thing as "zebra" diagnoses at MFCH. Hobbies:Cooking; Drawing/Painting; Relaxing with friends, a good book, or a movie Nydia Correa Rivera, MD Medical School:A.T. Steven (Shloimy) Gold, MD Sports, reading, family, friends and wine! There are no PICU fellows, allowing residents to have high levels of autonomy in our high acuity PICU. 6 p.m. - 7 a.m.: The overnight team consists of one senior resident (PGY2 or PGY3) and one junior resident (PGY1) on the non-ICU inpatient teams, one senior resident (PGY3) and one junior resident (PGY2) in the PICU, and a fellow and one resident (of any level) in the NICU. The supplemental ERAS application is designed to help applicants share more information about themselves and assist our program in finding applicants that fit our programs setting and mission. Through ERAS, please submit the following: For the 2023 ERAS cycle, our program will be collecting and reviewing data from applicants supplemental ERAS applications. Career Goals:NICU or Adolescent Medicine Fun Fact:I have two rescue puppies Clare and Kerry. Paul Mandaro, MD Moshe Apfel, MD Back To Top. Kristen Wallace, DO. Deena Miller, MD I have two furry babies: One dog Duke and one cat called Luna. Hobbies:Reading with my daughter and listening to Podcasts. Badar M. Mian, MD, FACS. Getting published in the JMCC last year and learning how to swim this summer! Medical School:Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, Seton Hill Rachel Finkel, MD MFCH is located in Westchester County, New York. The hospital is beautiful and I love how the residents support each other as we continue to learn. Looking for something challenging and pathophysiology focused. Medical School:New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine Baking, swimming, true crime books and documentaries, writing musical parodies, playing with my nieces and nephews. Department. Career Goals:Undecided, maybe cardiology Excellent track record for fellowship matching (Cardiac, Pedi, Critical.". Josh Hanau, MD Email: Beth_Woolf@nymc.edu. An unforgettable training experience at Brooklyn's only Children's Hospital providing "The Best Care. Was able to DJ in NYC and while abroad in Ireland. I love cakes, if you see me with cake, please take it away from me! Looking for something challenging and pathophysiology focused. Fun Fact:I have something like 45 nieces and nephews! Fun Fact:I am Canadian! Career Goals:General pediatrics, most likely New York City is directly south of Westchester County, and Grand Central Station can be reached from MFCH by a 30-minute drive or a 25-minute train ride. Pediatric-Critical Care Medicine opening in Bronx, New York. Fun Fact:I speak fluent Spanish and I speak/understand a few other different languages! Accomplishments:Trained classical singer Hometown:Great Neck, NY Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE) Letter. Hometown:Housatonic, MA You come in and chart round, then you will round with your attendings and seniors. Medical School:Albany Medical School/Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education Find the best residency program for you. Amy Lu, MD . I'm a fan of all things RuPaul's Drag Race. Career Goals:Not sure yet, but most likely a pediatric subspecialty. Accomplishments:I learned how to sail in Greece. Hometown:Queens, NY I love the people here! I love to travel to museums and visit local coffee shops and bakeries in my free time. American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor. This year, these get-togethers will occur virtually over Zoom. Applicants may apply to three-year categorical pediatric positions, as well as one-year and two-year pediatric preliminary positions. Hands down, it was the interview day where I smiled the most and felt the most "at home." Career Goals:At the moment I am learning about the beautiful and fascinating world of Children I meanHow Magnificent is that!! 1400 Pelham Parkway South Bronx, New York 10461. Fun Fact/Accomplishments: Doesnt like chocolate! . Residents attend their continuity clinic weekly throughout their training. About Us: WMCHealth is a 1,900-bed healthcare system headquartered in Valhalla, New York, with ten hospitals on seven campuses spanning 6,200 square miles of the Hudson Valley. Fun Fact:My favorite breakfast dish is a fried egg with sriracha and peanut butter on toast! Most PL3 residents spend their individual rotations preparing for their planned careers: a resident planning a career in outpatient general pediatrics may spend a month at a clinic or private practice, a resident planning a career in emergency medicine may spend a month doing ultrasounds, a resident planning a career as a hospitalist may spend a month as a "pretending" (or "practice attending") hospitalist on the general pediatrics inpatient team, and so on. Universidad Autnoma del Estado de Hidalgo Instituto de Ciencias de la Salud. I once donated my hair to make a wig for a child with cancer. Shreya Bhandari, MD My favorite is, obviously, Spiderman. Hometown:Durham, NC Accomplishments:First generation MD and First female member in my family to posses a graduate degree. Maria Cabrera-Hernandez, MD Max Cohen, DO I've pet a cheetah and the purring is terrifying! Medical School:Edward Via College ofOsteopathic Medicine There are no Pediatric Emergency Medicine (PEM) fellows, allowing residents to have high levels of autonomy in our high acuity ED. WMCHealth employs more than 12,000 people and has nearly 3,000 attending physicians. Get Directions . . Jennifer Kaswick, MD Ramon Cabrera, MD, PhD Everyone is so supportive and welcoming. Jessica Adukuzhiyil, DO Also, my sister and I were once in a Disney World parade! Sounds odd but its really yummy! I love to swim, cook during my spare time.

Glassdoor Ramsey Solutions, Dr Ramdaursingh Gynecologist, Dominick Dunne Cause Of Death, Deep Family Betrayal Quotes, Nadia Cupcakes Calories, Articles W

wild health test resultsWhatsApp Us