tuscaloosa news shooting

tuscaloosa news shooting

Its your place. Officials: Vicky White dead, Casey White in custody. Michael Lynn Davis, 20, has also been arrested and charged with capital murder along with Miles. Police said that the driver had stopped at the Walk of Champions to call for help, but the shooting took place on Grace Street off of University Boulevard. Police are investigating a Thursday night shooting that injured two people at a Tuscaloosa apartment complex. Theres nothing we could charge with him according to the law.. I dont know the details except what Ive read. So I hurt your feelings again and youre going to troll me. By. 78,539 visits in the last 30 days. WebNewsBreak provides latest and breaking Tuscaloosa, AL local news, weather forecast, crime and safety reports, traffic updates, event notices, sports, entertainment, local life and other items of interest in the community and nearby towns. The basketball team announced before Saturdays game that Miles would miss the remainder of the season with an ankle injury. Do stupid things that years later, youll recall with your friends, embellishing the story and realizing even the true version is pretty hysterical. What Oats said is the least of my worries. 78,539 visits in the last 30 days. Court Documents: Darius Miles provided handgun in shooting death of 23-year-old woman, Two people in custody after police chase, manhunt near Warrior & Hayden, Walker Co. Sheriff's Office responding to lawsuit. His comments about Miller being in the wrong place at the wrong time are tone-deaf but I can allow a man to lose the connection between the thoughts in his head and the words that come out his mouth. Be a college kid. No way for Nate Oats, the university, or the fans to justify this. Darius Miles and Michael Davis are both currently being held at the Tuscaloosa County Jail after the fatal shooting of Jamea Jonae Harris on Jan. 15. Tuscaloosa Police were called to Legacy at Country Club Apartments at 3:14 p.m. Sunday to investigate a shooting. It doesnt appear evidence exists that Miller knew that transferring the firearm was for an unlawful purpose, hindsight notwithstanding.. Police are investigating a Thursday night shooting that injured two people at a Tuscaloosa apartment complex. According to Captain Jack Kennedy, with Tuscaloosa Violent Crimes, said the shooting happened around 9:30 p.m. Monday at the Hay Court Housing Complex. Using the phrase wrong place, wrong time to excuse a player actions that leads to murder, should be fired immediately. #SpartanStrong pic.twitter.com/xcimL4VkXs, Big Ten Network (@BigTenNetwork) February 22, 2023. In the early morning hours of Jan. 15, a shootout erupted in front of a popular string of bars in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, just steps from Alabamas campus. In the early morning hours of Jan. 15, a shootout erupted in front of a popular string of bars in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, just steps from Alabamas campus. Try a week on us. Get real. What troubles me is that the shooting at Alabama happened because Miller allegedly brought a gun at Miles request and Miles then gave it to his buddy, Michael Davis. If Miller believed Miles was in such danger, he must have known he could be walking into also. Later that evening, at 11:47 p.m. , Kennedy said the woman's neighbors called and reported that her residence was on fire. Edited by AL Patch Team. If you are lucky enough, your college campus becomes your happy place. Mothers of murdered sons: Birmingham moms discuss lives, deaths and legacies of loved ones lost to gun violence, Best smart home devices for older users, according, How to get started on spring cleaning early, according, Worried about your student using ChatGPT for homework? On Wednesday, attorney Jim Standridge released a statement to the media about what allegedly happened the night of Jan. 15, when Jamea Harris was killed in a shooting off The Strip in Tuscaloosa. February 21, 2023. According to the Tuscaloosa Violent Crimes Unit, police were called to DCH Regional Medical Center at about 10 p.m. on a report of two brothers, ages 8 and 10, being treated for gunshot wounds. FILE - Alabama forward Brandon Miller brings the ball up during the first half of the team's NCAA college basketball game against Auburn on Feb. 11, 2023, in Auburn, Ala. Police say Miller brought a teammate the gun that was used in a fatal shooting near campus. The Tuscaloosa Violent Crimes Unit has arrested two suspects in separate homicides that occurred over the New Year's Eve weekend. An investigator testified in court today that Miles gave Michael Davis the gun while the two were in the back seat of Brandon Miller's car https://t.co/Z7ujZENVHp, Nick Kelly (@_NickKelly) February 21, 2023. Three people died in a double murder-suicide early Thursday in Tuscaloosa County, including an 8-year-old boy. ", "Brandon hasn't been in any type of trouble, nor is he in any type of trouble on this case. At around 9:31 p.m. the woman and witnesses heard gunshots being fired near their residence and observed a silver Dodge Avenger on the street. UPDATE, 10:40 a.m.: Deputy Jessica McDaniel, a spokesperson for the sheriff's office, has confirmed no one was injured or arrested Tuesday morning, but officers are still working to ensure the school campus is clear. A woman was fatally shot early Sunday on the Strip in Tuscaloosa. Only a moron would bring a gun to someone in the middle of the night without thinking something bad was about to happen. Tuscaloosa police responded and took another report. Is this guy a puppet? He was not unaffected, nor is anyone else at Michigan State. Tuscaloosa County Sheriff's deputies, Tuscaloosa Police officers, State Troopers, Moundville Police and more are on the scene at the school, which is on lockdown as police clear the building. Authorities said police were called to the area in the 2300 block of Fourth Street. Kennedy said the driver began firing a handgun at officers during the pursuit. Darius Miles and Michael Davis are both currently being held at the Tuscaloosa County Jail after the fatal shooting of Jamea Jonae Harris on Jan. 15. He didnt bother to ask why? 78,539 visits in the last 30 days. I dont believe he had any intention of wrongdoing and thus is guilty of poor judgement. He has a few happy places and Michigan State quickly became a new one. You must be logged in to post a comment. I actually texted my 18-year-old, turn out the lights, and get away from the window. The report wound up being wrong, and he was never directly in harms way. Center Point, AL. Not a big deal right? CNN Two men have been arrested and charged with attempted murder after five people were injured during a shooting outside an Alabama bar early Saturday morning. Sohe was asked to bring a handgun to the strip after midnight. She has worked previously at ESPN and the Philadelphia Daily News. All he did was bring the gun so they could use it to murder someone. It could have affected so many more. Honestly, the fact that Miller was involved is extremely concerning but Oats response is even worse. Miller may not be responsible by law, but his gun that he voluntarily gave to someone that night took a life of a young mother that night. How naive do you think these kids are? I just know it could have been far worse. No charges means they cant prove he had any intent of a murder in bringing the gun. He was transported to DCH, but did not survive his injuries. WVTM 13 Digital. Jack Kennedy, the commander of Tuscaloosa Violent Crimes Unit, released more details about the shooting during a On Wednesday, attorney Jim Standridge released a statement to the media about what allegedly happened the night of Jan. 15, when Jamea Harris was killed in a shooting off The Strip in Tuscaloosa. All rights reserved. When investigators arrived, they found Maurice Jones Jr. shot. Person dead in Center Point after alleged domestic shooting. You are free to speculate all you want I suppose, but the DA and police have already stated that they have reviewed Millers dash cam footage, video from a nearby bar, text messages from Miles to Miller, and witness testimony. Nope. The Tuscaloosa News 0:00 1:00 A 33-year-old Tuscaloosa man faces multiple charges after a domestic violence report led to a crash and an officer-involved shooting Tuesday evening. |. Tuscaloosa police are investigating after two young children were shot while sitting in their mother's car Monday night. Bei der Nutzung unserer Websites und Apps verwenden wir, unsere Websites und Apps fr Sie bereitzustellen, Nutzer zu authentifizieren, Sicherheitsmanahmen anzuwenden und Spam und Missbrauch zu verhindern, und, Ihre Nutzung unserer Websites und Apps zu messen, personalisierte Werbung und Inhalte auf der Grundlage von Interessenprofilen anzuzeigen, die Effektivitt von personalisierten Anzeigen und Inhalten zu messen, sowie, unsere Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu entwickeln und zu verbessern. Tom Izzos son, Steven, locked down in the Breslin Center. Culpepper said Tuesday that Miles told Davis where his gun was located in Millers car. He could have thought Miles was in danger, IDK. It is possible the call is a false alarm -- schools across the state were plagued with unfounded threats Friday, including schools in Huntsville and Birmingham. UPDATE: The Violent Crimes Unit is continuing to investigate the shooting at University Mall on February, 19, 2022.Investigators released several images The woman had filed an application for protection from abuse order against Garrett and the court date was pending. Apparently Jamea Jonae was hurling racial slurs at the poor young men. Oates wrong spot at wrong time? Unless youre going hunting and your buddy forgot his instrument, if someone texts you to bring a gun, the answer should be no. Representatives for the sheriff's office and the county school system are actively engaged with the incident and have not returned requests for more information at 10:30 Tuesday. UPDATE, 10:30 a.m.: A Tuscaloosa Police captain on the scene told media there is no active threat at the school, but it is still on lockdown. Minutes later, at 11:54 p.m. the silver Dodge Avenger was spotted by Tuscaloosa police patrol officers, who attempted to stop the vehicle. It wasnt Millers gun it was Miles. The Michigan State community has amazed me in ways both big and small; I am as affirmed in his choice of university more than ever before. The VCU is continuing to investigate. TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WBRC) - The Tuscaloosa Violent Crimes Unit has made an arrest following a fatal shooting that took place just before noon on Saturday. It seems that Miller would have askedWhy do you need it ? I go with the Lonesome Dove statement to Cowboy Jake, When you run with outlaws, you die with outlaws. Ill leave this here from todays al dot com article: Hes way worse than that. TUSCALOOSA, AL The Tuscaloosa Violent Crimes Unit is on the scene of what is being considered an accidental shooting in the 3300 block of 6th Street that left one person dead. Oats acknowledged in his later statement that those remarks "came across poorly" and sought to clarify, "We were informed by law enforcement of other student-athletes being in the vicinity, and law enforcement has repeatedly told us that no other student-athletes were suspects," Oats said. He asked me about that, and I told him that I felt the same thing after 9-11. No other information is available at this time. Police say Alabama basketball star Brandon Miller brought a teammate the gun that was used in the fatal shooting of twenty three year old Jamea Harris near campus. Since then hes released a statement clarifying what he meant to say at the presser. Kennedy said Garrett was also suspected of being involved in setting the fire. Again, there was no active shooter on any of our campuses this morning.". The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Advance Local. About 1:45 a.m. Sunday, Tuscaloosa police and University of Alabama police were dispatched to the Walk of Champions at Bryant Denny Stadium on a shooting. TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WBRC) - A mother and her 8-year-old son were shot and killed early Thursday morning in what sheriffs deputies are calling a murder-suicide. The ? The shooting happened just before 3 a.m. Saturday in the Temerson Square of downtown Tuscaloosa. The last game he appeared in was against Jackson State on December 20. A person inside the vehicle sustained non-life threatening injuries. https://t.co/4cCW5mtEJJ. "She has a 5-year-old son that is still waiting for his mother to come home," DeCarla Heard told reporters. What was Millers intent when he brought Miles the gun? If Miles was in danger call the cops. YouTubes privacy policy is available here and YouTubes terms of service is available here. Police say the shooting occurred on the Strip, a business district of bars and restaurants that cater to students near the Tuscaloosa campus. In the early morning hours of Jan. 15, a shootout erupted in front of a popular string of bars in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, just steps from Alabamas campus. Arrest made in fatal Tuscaloosa apartment shooting, Two people in custody after police chase, manhunt near Warrior & Hayden, Walker Co. Sheriff's Office responding to lawsuit.

Peter Malinauskas Wife, Articles T

wild health test resultsWhatsApp Us