tommy armour silver scot forged blades

I tried to support the brand but it just doesnt make sense at this point. The sequel was awful. I have been waiting to see what the new 845s would look like have to say I would like to have seen them closer in design to the originals, but they do look good. For some, the last connection with the brand is the aforementioned SilverScot 845s. Sure enough, I see a set of TA Blades at a golf shop and the guy says to give these a try. Tommy Armour Silver Scot Muscleback Tour Blades have unusually long and low muscleback made below the equator of the ball Golf clubs allow for better lift Golf equipment boasts high trajectories Outstanding ease of play Choose from 5.0 or 6.0 model 5.0 features regular flex; 6.0 features stiff flex As such, the tech story is simple and straightforward. This has really been a problem with my swing, I usually take a very nice divot and these low bounce clubs have been making me dig way too deep lately. Dicks is on the right path now its time to see if the golf community will buy in to the rebirth of an iconic name. That isnt to say TommyArmour cant earn its place at a table with larger brands but the growth process will assuredly be incremental. Pheeeww, that's a relief. I also have several years of study in advanced physics at the graduate school level. They look good at address and have a reasonably thin top line. The only knock I have is the stock grips are not to my liking. Sales volumes for Callaway, TaylorMade and Titleist are significantly higher than for Tommy Armour. I think my others were like D3 or D4. Dicks, you had one job for cryin out loud. I picked up a used set of these irons several years ago for cheap with the thought of resting my favorite set a bit and having a set for visitors when they come through town. If TaylorMade gives your bottom line a black eyemake something you CAN discount and make a profit on-just in case the OEMs decide to go back to the suicidal business model of 2-3 new flagship drivers every year. Relatively weighty club that will get under the ball quickly and deliver high trajectory. If theres a universal truth in golf, its that golfers love sharing stories. You just cant count on quality service there. Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password. Im 63 and 58 years old now and dont have the back, power, or swing speed I used to have and these still work for my swing with a good tempo and under 100 club head speed. Both are pretty much what you would expect from budget-friendly, game-improvement offerings. I told him I already had these and explained why I sold them. First, because they are really really difficult to find here, and secondly because equivalent Tittys or Clevelands retail for $1100 - 1200, so I'm still a happy camper. It should read Dumb and Dumberer . New Tommy Armour Forged Blade Silver Scot 60 Lob Wedge. With old age and a slower swing, I found a fine set of 855s in regular steel, having only to regrip and adjust the lie up (I'm 6'2"). The only complaint I have about these clubs is the low bounce on them. It compares well to clubs like TaylorMade p790, and Callaway Apex. Cast clubs in general have little feel, but a ton of forgiveness. When he's not coaching the local high school team, he's probably on the range or trying to keep up with his wife and seven beautiful daughters. Sorry sold but thanks. As you can tell by my sig, I'm an Armour fan. These characteristics were not a problem for me as I am short (5'5"), however a taller person or one with a more upright swing probably should do a dynamic fitting (actually everyone should) and get the lies adjusted and in some cases (taller players) the shafts extended (especially if replacing the grips as many are doing anyway). I did not like them (no workability). I give these blades an A. I really like the finish on these. I just picked up a set for $73.01 on ebay. A friend of mine works for Nike and had me hit their blade irons. Luckily the specs fit me perfectly so this won't be an issue. I got an - to me at least - amazing deal on them. Wow,they are great in every way described. I have the 3-PW and also purchased the GW. Ive hit all three of these, and the brand continues to impress me. This is my SECOND time owning these clubs. They are standard but seem to lie flat and degree or two which fits me perfect. beautiful draw to flighted over 5m past the green. Think ill take them to ebay for whatever i can get since there are only a couple there. I want a bit of forgiveness (8-9 handicap), but i am interested in working the ball both ways which i can do, but it's harder to do so with large, cavity back slingshots. I just played my second round with my TA Blades. TITLEIST 585H (21*)-TTDG S300 RARE Tommy Armour PGA Silver Scot Forged Blades 2-9 LH. I just bought a used set of the 855's. I've read some complaints on the stock grips, but I have had no issues with them. I am a serial club buyer and have hit hundreds of game improvement clubs and these seem to work as well. 845 Forged #6. Yes. $399.98. Stump Removal. Better hurry! Heres where you come in. roadbikereview.com | (Im about to buy sub70739s with Elevate 95 shafts because of my achy hands. SirShanksAlot Dicks has started to put out high quality golf equipment under Tommy Armour and Maxfli at good prices by your testing. That is to say, Tommy Armour, even if given some measure of preferential treatment, isnt likely going to be stealing enough sales from the major OEMs to cause any real consternation. Both readers and customers agree that these arent the softest irons around but they are a solid iron for the price. Unfortunately TA got it all wrong with these irons, Ive played the TA 845M Silverbacks for a couple of years now and I cant understand how they could produce this poor looking forged blade as their follow-up to the nice 845M. In turn this will help you hit the long irons and stiff the short irons at the flag. There is noticeably more offset on these clubs and the offset is constant throughout. Nice looking sticks! I was firing my irons on the par 3's right at the stick with awesome consistency. Also they are slighltly shorter about 37 5/8" compared to 37 3/4" for a 5 iron. They are a beautiful iron. Much more forgiveness than I had expected, and it was easy to shape shotsI just bought a second set today with 5.0 shafts and will compare. Now, I'm not into really soft, oversized, game improvement irons, so it's a matter of context, but they have a big sweet spot and the ball jumps off of the face nicely. I thought for sure they were going to set the iron market on fire by offering these at say $799-$899. See What Members Are Saying! However, when dealing with multiple pieces, sometimes the face is forged (Mizuno HMB) and other times its the body (Tommy Armour 845, Callaway Apex Forged). Well get to everything else but because of what the first 845 irons meant to golfs equipment landscape, its fair to give them a more focused spotlight. As you can tell from the spec. Get over it. Which I get, is entirely unhelpful. Now that you done that enjoy a pleasant round with what possible is the most under estimated Cavity Back iron on the market. We'll get to everything else but because of what the first 845 irons meant to golf's equipment landscape, it's fair to give them a more focused spotlight. They are sold out of the right handed sets. They stand up very nicely and don't show the wear of a typical forged club. for each club. In 1927, TommyArmourwon his first major at Oakmont Country Club. Would LOVE to get ahold of a set of the MB's with the same shaft. I stopped playing for a bit, then got back into it. I now see that Titleist is getting ready to release their new blades for 2008. Other Web Sites in the ConsumerReview Network: mtbr.com | After buying these I am happy to say that I regained the yardage lost over the years (about 10 yards) and consistancy in distance which I attribute mostly to the Rifle shafts. (Feel was okay, but the club heads wereshall we sayShovelesque.) Because sound (which determines feel) is a function of materials, design, geometry and the various other components of the club (shafts, internal gooey elastomers, urethane microspheres and such), OEMs employ a variety of methods to achieve similar goals. Weve watched them make a slow turn in the right direction after years of financial hardship. Since then, I have purchased 5 sets of irons and sold 3 of them. Tommy Armour could have gone with a more traditional single-piece forged CB/MB but the 845 Forged is already a niche release and DICKs didnt want to further limit the target market. Want to sell them and get a fair value but everywhere I look they are very under valued. I hope it works for Dicks/Golf Galaxy simply because they had the balls to try it. Its going to be a few weeks as I am rehabing a shoulder injury (skiing). Its impossible to do any customizing at the website. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Founders Club Tour CB II Forged Iron Heads, 3-P at the best online prices at eBay! $33.77 + $17.85 shipping + $17.85 shipping + $17.85 shipping. Looking for some clubs for my granddaughter thats golfing in high school and could stand an upgrade from her ten year old clubs. What a shame2006 they came out with the Silver Scot series(CB and MB) and now its all gimmicks and inner tubes. November 19, 2015, 11:59 am. Chris is a self-diagnosed equipment and golf junkie with a penchant for top-shelf ice cream. The concept of a Cup Face isnt unique. Enjoy!!! Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. I ordered the 845s with Jumbo Grips, 1/2 short, 2 Up, with no upcharges. from United States. I am curious about the forgiveness and distance in these clubs. 845 name with new woods, irons ,Used Tommy Armour ROYAL SCOT 3I-SW Regular Flex Graphite Shaft Iron Sets,tommy armour forged silver scot i Tommy Amour Royal Scot Golf club Set with bag rons 7-pw, . But who is going to fit me at Dicks? Rome wasnt built in a day and youve seen car brands try something similar where an unsuspecting group of consumers is asked to guess the brand of a car based on the looks, accouterments, technologies, and curb appeal. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. The same ingredients dont necessarily guarantee the same cake. [url="http://store.platinumgalleria.com/tommy-armour-golf-silver-scot-forged-tour-blade-iron-set.html"]http://store.platinumgalleria.com/tommy-are-iron-set.html[/url] These compare to the Titleist 695CB series. They were at Goodwill, so the price was right, but I left them for the next guy. I dont think there is a weakness in the club themselves. The 845s are on my list. These clubs for the money were an excellent choice Thank You for Quality and Price, My friend bought the Evo set, very nice choice also. Cruise over to our Instagram and tell us your best TommyArmour845 story. Being someone who has improves his game recently, a move from a game improvement iron to a players distance iron makes sense, the launch of the 845 Forged really intrigues me. Refresh your browser window to try again. Tommy Armour 845s Silver Scot Single # 8 - 40 Degree Loft - Iron Steel Shaft RH (25) $24.99 $14.99 shipping Tommy Armour Silver Scot Forged Blade 8 Iron Regular Steel R Flex Golf Club TA $38.88 $24.25 shipping or Best Offer Tommy Armour TA1 8 Iron Ladies Womens Recoil 650 Graphite Shaft Right Handed $39.99 $8.95 shipping or Best Offer Only 1 left! The ball absolutely launches off of them, though. like Dicks business model. Won the caddy tournament twice in HS, Same clubs more less that Johnny Miller shot 63 at Oakmont in US Open. 845U Silver Back - 989 855 - 972 845 Vault - 944 Royal Scot - 855 845OS+ - 825 845 Stripe - 821 845 SIlver Scot - 784 845C Silver Back Forged - 747 845CS Silver Back Cast - 727 835 Hot Scot - 689 Great quality club! Most people assume that Armour doesn't make good clubs since the 845's because they retro'd for awhile with the OS versions. Some couldnt get past the name either, especially when 2 or 3 year old versions of clubs from major OEMs are still on the shelf. | Hood Cleaning Detroit. STOP THE INSANITY! Alert to LEFT HANDERS looking for these Tommy Armour Forged Muscle Back Blades. carreview.com | TA all tge way!!! "Isn't it funny? I was absolutely amazed at these clubs!!! The TA 845 is not made by the GolfWorks. Out of business, Brand name owned by Sports Authority. NEW RH Cobra LTDX Iron Set Steel REG-5-G. Ben Hogan APEX PC 3-E Iron Set? That is crazy light for a blade. I saw a set of OLD TA blades yesterday, had TT shafts painted to look like wood and leather wrap grips ( completely shot), also a set of 845s, 2-P, plus S and 60* with R flex shafts. Once again I scratch my head on you guys promoting a Dicks product. Not major problems but there are still some areas for improvement. I've been wanting to blades again for a few years now after playing cast clubs for the past few years. | audioreview.com. Don't kid yourself they're still blades but Armour has worked on optimizing the center of gravity on each iron to make it easier to get the ball in the air. Again, it depends primarily on the individual doing the fitting. They are just too much for this geezer but they are sure sexy and after cleaning will look brand spanking new. I should have got these five years ago. I donated my set to a young upcoming golfer in Tanzania who is gunning to get into the European Tour. They came with Rifle 6.0 precision shafts that were absolutely perfect on the frequency machine. Even as a two time per week golfer its still important to me to have the clubs fit to my height. As a matter of fact, I did do it over again for $2 more. I think your better off playing them. I have Silver Scots. this is my first post (sorry about my bad english). Im 58 & Shoot in the 80s and high 70s on occasion now. SirShanksAlot The irons come equipped with Flighted Rife shafts. roadbikereview.com | Then I seen the Tommy MB's on for $268, I then called the store and buddy told me they actualy had them on for $200. I am sure the price tag is going to be somewhere around 4 digits. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google, (your email address will not be published), iconic iron models in recent golf history. This site is best viewed in a modern browser with JavaScript enabled. The company stayed on course and brought out these irons to fit into the be a player on a smaller budget market they made these for the guy that still has some game from his earlier years but doesnt have the budget to drop the big cash on an expensive forging or the guy that wants a set of blades as a second set for when he feels his game is on. The people I showed the Max to couldnt get over the thickness. Regular $269.99 or Best Offer +$38.10 shipping 12 watchers Sponsored These irons come with Precision Rifle Shaft that are frequency matched for each club. Im also curious about the Drivers, woods, and hybrids. Copyright 2023. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. The Burner's are great, but I wanted to try something else. and then saw that Tommy Armour had come out with a forged blade. In order to make this review more objective, I will focus on comparing these 2 models. I was a 10 HCP last year with a moderate swing speed (Driver 90+mph). The entire TommyArmour 845 line is available at retail now. I played at a 5 handicap last season with these irons, I highly doubt something with a name brand on the back that cost 2x the price wouldve dropped my scores. They also produce a very high ball trajectory. Go all the way to the bottom of the page and it has the specs. Came across a 5-Gw 7 club set of these with the blue insignia that was barely played and sat for years, grips and shafts are like new, Mid Launch 6.0 rifles with all the perfect labels. My initial response is, Yeah, so what? I also like the feedback you get when you miss hit them, you can tell very easily how you missed. Maybe its an ego thing that no one wanted to admit they needed a Super GI club, but from my experience, that segment of the Atomic line just didnt move. No one is disputing that. MP-14s have the traditional straight top line and the curved topline starts on the 8 iron. Tungsten weighting shoves the CG low/rear to boost MOI (forgiveness) and help increase launch. I stole the pics here so not my set but wanted you to see them for condition and model. The winners check was $500. Holy moly these are nice and feel great. As noted in the article, Performax works with other OEMs such as Tour Edge, Ryoma, PRGR, OnOff, and Yamaha. I've played quite a few different sets in my life and this year, these stand out. Year 2020; Brand . They also come in cavity back. Essentially, with multi-material irons, there are two options for face construction. If you want to play a blade and don't want to spend a fortune; and, you can find these because I think they are no longer made. Unbiased. Tommy Armour Women's 2021 845-MAX Hybrid/Irons. The best value for the money. The Silver Scot CB's are forgiving with distance to match. The Rifle shafts are exceptional! Thats kind of a big deal. Thats not the exact tagline for the revamped Tommy Armour845 Forged irons. The only thing that I didn't like is that they are so light (C9-D1 and I prefer D3) but some lead tape took care of that. Part of the order was put in as Tommy Armour but the fairway woods needed to be entered as Golfworks due to the computer system quirk.. therefore I would say Golfworks is still involved. Give them a try! The grips are junk and probably -1/16" from standard which is way too small for me; but,that's a minor fault since most like to change to a favorite grip anyway. The offset is perfectly graduated. MyGolfSpy Integrity in Advertising Promise. COBRA FLY Z PRO (5-PW)-TTDG S300 The Silver Scot Tour Blades are a big part of the new line and provide golfers with a quality blade at a great price. COBRA BIO CELL+ (9.5*)-MATRIX 8Q3 STIFF $100 shipped is better than I did, $120 +shipping - and to Sweden that is an additional $40 - but to me that is till a killing. (Explained),Tommy Armour Royal Scot Complete Package (GRH),Tommy Armour Royal Scot Irons - R flex steel - 3 thru PW,GW,SW - . If you are up in the air about blades, you will never have a better opportunity to get into a set for this price. The lofts are a little strong, so I will add bounce by gearing the lofts down. I remembered playing some scratch rounds with that set. they are one of the strongest irons and continue to look good after years of use. - eBay Money Back Guarantee - opens in a new window or tab, PGA Tommy Armour Silver Scot Forged Blade # 8 Iron, - for PayPal Credit, opens in a new window or tab, Report this item - opens in new window or tab, Left Hand Ben Hogan BH-5 Offset 8 Iron Apex 3 Steel Shaft BH5 (#291796324104), MacGregor Jack Nicklaus CG 1800 # 5 Iron Original Regular Graphite (#291058995507), Callaway Ladies Big Bertha Sand Wedge Original Graphite Shaft (#293968140805). Upload or insert images from URL. All had duct tape on and I tried to test them as blind as possible. The only real downside to low-weight materials with high ductility is the cost. Nostalgia can make people more optimistic and inspired about the future. The most underrated iron out there, period. Stiff flex steel shafts, standard grip and lofts please. No it means that Tommy Armour didnt intend for the Tour Blade to go out and compete with the best players irons in the world. This is a sensible choice, given it stays true to the DNA of the original 845s. Well Yea! Any feedback out there about these forged blades? Try hard-refreshing this page to fix the error. Try em out, I bought both sets -the forged blades and forged CB and gave the CBs to my son. The only difference is the price tag and your swing. Mine were ordered after my fitting at +1 length, 2up, jumbo grip. So I pull out my 7 iron and put it 12 feet from the flag, I was amazed at the precision and feeling you get from these clubs. Im looking forward to the Most Wanted Testing to see how they perform. I did and trade and buy for these irons in 95. Top three feeling and performing iron and when you factor the cost it makes for the most underrated iron out there. Tommy Armour Silver Scot Cavity Back Forged - Equipment - GolfWRX Home The Bag Room Equipment Tommy Armour Silver Scot Cavity Back Forged TaylorMade 2023 Product Testing and Fitting Experience At The Kingdom! About 3 years ago I was fitted for a set of Ping i's but ended up giving them to my son and going back to the 855's. Now its off to Dicks to see them in person and maybe hit em. The original Tommy Armour 845 Silver Scot irons were introduced in the late 1980s and rivaled the Ping Eye 2 irons as some of the most popular of their time. The 845's had a smaller head, but the same solid feel as the 855's. February 15, 2021, 11:56 am, by The 845 Max is basically the standard 845 with a wider sole, a bit more offset and a marginally larger footprint. i switched to the 855's and have been loving and useing them for 2 years now. Thats true with single-piece forged irons like traditional muscle-backs. I The truth just sounds different.". Sure theyre not a buttery soft blade, but my goodness do these things go a long way and feel great to boot. Titleist 915H 3 Diamana, Titleist 915H 4 Diamana *. The companys money problems became a real burden on their products and we sometimes wondered if Tommy Armour would live to see the next year but they just kept hanging in there. I used to play the Mizuno MP-14s and still consider them to be the benchmark for blade irons. The body is forged from 1025 soft carbon steelwhich is attached toa high-strength HT1770 steel L-Cup face. Twenty years ago, when I first began playing golf, the 845 Silver Scots were one of the most popular clubs in the US. Tommy Armour 845 Silver Scott Iron Set $35.01 2 bids $19.99 shipping 1d 18h Tommy Armour 845s Silver Scot 2-PW Irons Set, R Flex Steel Shaft, RH, Good Grips $63.99 $17.99 shipping or Best Offer Tommy Armour Silver Back 845CS Iron Set 3,56789PWSW HEADS ONLY LEFT-HAND NEW $119.00 Free shipping 11 watching . He went out and bought a set of these 845's the next day. My first set of clubs (in college) were Wilson Staff. He asked to hit one and ended up hitting half a bag of balls. Advanced Golf Analytics matches the perfect clubs to your exact swing using connected data and machine learning. They were obviously made with quality components. First round I played with them, I shot a 76 (I have not done that for nearly 20 years). Go ahead and spend the $Gazillion bucks for the other ones that won't help you hit the side of a barn. By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. For the price these are being offered for; adjusting lie, extensions, and new grips, if necessary to fit ones swing, still make them a great bargain. Only thing is that the grips which are kind of on the thin side but can be easily swapped for something better. The 845 Forged irons are priced at $999 (set of eight). I will be keeping these in my bag. Today, there's talk of a re-release of the 845s. I am anxious to try them, as I was pleasantly surprised by The TA1sRepectable Feel and Distance, and blown away bt the distance on The Atomics. I was not let down. but rember this to all you golfers who are trying to buy all the best clubs and think thats how they will improve. Great feel with a Mid-Trajectory that is suitable for most courses and weather. These were not as popular as the 845s, but I have really enjoyed them. No Guesswork. Here is a link with the specs on the clubs. But thats to be expected when you sell 660,000 sets over a seven-year period. [/quote] I am quite happy with my bag now. You got yourself a FINE set of sticks there!!! a friend of mine is a local gun dealer who also plays golf. They have replaced my Mizuno MP-32's. One thing I didn't elaborate in my original post; as I am older (60), I had been losing distance and had tried several GI clubs with no success to regain some of the lost yardage. TA845 matched the Sim Max in every respect of distance, launch angle, spin, and dispersion. My customers are really warming up to these irons. Does anyone have an idea why they work so well. Don't be intimidated by the claim of high launch angle. Since then, I have had ten sets of irons, ranging from TaylorMade Supersteels with graphite bubble shafts, to Nickents, to Cleveland HB3s.. All Rights Reserved. Certainly, there will be a variety of challenges. They are alright to hit with but I think the curved topline on the 3-7 iron is annoying. Sponsored. July 13, 2006, 3:00 am My swing is off from where it was. They don't have ser.#'s on the hosels. The more onerous task might be establishing (or re-establishing) brand perception with consumers. Reviving a year old thread is an interesting introduction. I hit a high ball and always thought that the DGS300 were the best fit for me. Tommy Armour Silver Scot Forged Blade Pitching Wedge PW Iron Golf Club TA. Also, as timing would have it, its arguably the hottest iron category in the market. I would consider testing the TA Forged! While not entirely inaccurate, neither picture is what DICKs has planned for the TommyArmourbrand moving forward. Cell # if needed 414-531-6737. they are well weighted and can sure hit the ball. Picked up the TA1 set used for 119.00, 4,5 hybrid 6-PW. The original is a classic. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for TOMMY ARMOUR Tommy Armor model unknown putter 35 inch steel shaft at the best online prices at eBay! And the reality is, regardless of where you go, its a bit of a fitting roulette depending on any number of factors and Dicks doesnt have the best track record in this regard. Prizes! I picked up the TA 845 Forged about a year ago at an absolute steal from Dicks (Set 6 of 500). photographyreview.com Golf! I have tried two Callaway models, Cleveland, Hogan and a custom built set. They are very easy to hit and I love the ballance. They're too small. I actually find them very forgiving and sweet to hit. This helps me play the ball further back in my stance with the shorter irons and get my trajectory higher with the longer irons. Tommy Armour V-31 Gauge Design RC1 Bridgestone J33 Traditional TR 1 EPON Technica Pro 1 Cleveland TA1 Mizuno MP-32 Precept Pro Model Mizuno MP-14 PowerBilt Scotch Blade TaylorMade 300 Forged Mizuno MP-67 TaylorMade MB Forged Mizuno MP-33 Cleveland Tour Action 588 Titleist 660 Forged Vega 50th Anniversary I'm lefthanded so finding blades has always been a real problem for me. Overall, I think the TA line has been underrated since Dicks brought it back.

Dime Beauty Vs Tula, Articles T

wild health test resultsWhatsApp Us