our lady of compassion feast day

Mary, Mother of God, though marriage and motherhood were the cherished ideals of every Jewish maiden, you vowed your virginity to God, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. Teach me to utter your name with deep respect because, after the name of Jesus, it is most sacred and revered above all others. Apparition Of The Blessed Virgin Mary Immaculate (Our Lady of Lourdes), Feast, February 11 (Novena, February 2-10). Parting with your dying Son was the height of your sorrow. Your union with Joseph was ordained in the designs of God for the education of Jesus. May the Rosary also be a means of obtaining all the graces I need for the sanctification and salvation of my soul. But how careless I am about my spiritual health! For He was everything to you, and all else was nothing without Him. After your Divine Son, you are God's most precious gift to man. It is true, you are a creature, and, therefore, far beneath the Supreme Being. Mary, My Mother, what joy for you never to have been, even for a single instant, in the state of enmity toward God! 2. Mary, Mother of God, in honoring you as Our Lady of Guadalupe, we honor you as the Immaculate Conception. We know that you are ever ready to be our help in trouble, our solace in affliction, our hope in despair. The first feast of Our Lady of Silence will be celebrated on Sunday, August 1, in Avezzano, in the. Mary, My Mother, I unite myself with you in the spirit in which you offered yourself as a sacrifice of love during your lifetime. With my whole heart I thank God for all He has done for you and for all mankind through you! Obtain for them that deep conviction of faith, that unwavering hope, that Jesus, Infinite Love, who died for them, will b completely ready to welcome them, to take them in His arms, press them to His Heart and once again say, "Father, forgive them . After Almighty God and the Sacred Humanity of Jesus, there is no being so great as you. He found joy in God, His Heavenly Father, and in the Holy Spirit, joy in all the wonderful perfections of God. The divine light, received from Him, led you deeper into the mystery of the Redemption and its effects in the past and in the future. You are the spotless tabernacle, the earthly resting-place prepared for the Son of God, hence the Church pays loving respect to your Immaculate Heart. Mary, My Mother, help me to imitate your holiness to some degree. Only when I have understood your martyrdom, will I understand the greatness of the love of Jesus for you and the intensity of your love for your Son. In God there are no disappointments, no false promises. You are truly our immaculate Mother for it is to you, after Jesus, that we are indebted for the supernatural life of grace and the hope of eternal life. the seven dolors devotion approved by pope pius vii in 1815 view banner image of our lady of sorrows without the frame the feast day of the seven dolors is traditionally either the friday of passion week, which is the friday before good friday, or more generally on september 15, the official date for the feast. By His almighty power He would form the body of the Savior of the world, and the Divine Son would unite it to Himself forever. I realize that imitating you is the best way of imitating Jesus and of obtaining your all-powerful intercession. What greater wonder could the world behold, than a woman become the Mother of God, and a God clothed in human flesh? In your greater sorrow may my own be lost, and in calm resignation may my anguished soul find peace and strength. Through your powerful intercession promote the propagation of the faith. You are beautiful at your presentation in the temple; in prayer before Gabriel as he awaited your answer, in Nazareth's hidden life and later as you followed Jesus and listened to Wisdom speak. He already occupied Himself with the salvation of all souls, and as the hidden Ruler of the world He judged all who departed this life. Feast, August 22Octave of the Assumption (Novena, August 13-21) 1. God enriched your soul with such a love above all other creatures that in you alone He found His fullest delights. Mary, Mother of God, your sorrows are not merely the sorrows of an earthly mother grieving over the death of an only child. Feast, Saturday before the 3rd Sunday of November (Triduum, Wednesday the 3rd Sunday of before November). 3. Mary, Mother of God, I believe that it is a divinely revealed dogma that you, Immaculate Mother of God, having completed the course of your earthly life, were assumed body and soul into heavenly glory. This feast will take place this year under very special circumstances for us all. Mary, Mother of God, I believe what Holy Mother Church teaches about your Immaculate Conception: that from the first moment of your conception you possessed justice and holinessthat is sanctifying grace, even the fullness of grace, with the infused virtues and gifts of the Holy Spirit, and with integrity of nature; yet you remained subject to death and other pains and miseries of life that your Son Himself willed to undergo. You have entered into the highest state of power and glory in Heaven in order that you may help us in our journey through so many dangers to the kingdom of Heaven. Indeed, all were awaiting your Son: the world, to gain rest and peace, the angels, to see God's plans fulfilled; the Heavenly Father Himself to behold His created Image: and all this longing was united in your heart. The divine maternity permits you to love God with a very singular kind of love and to be loved by Him with an equally singular love. And when the days of my earthly pilgrimage are over, according to God's holy will, grant that my soul may obtain the glory of heaven, through the merits of Christ and through your intercession. GLADE PARK, Colorado (Catholic Online) - The feast dedicated to "Our Lady of the Rosary" was instituted by Pope Pius V. It was to commemorate the anniversary of the defeat of the Turkish fleet at the battle of Lepanto on the first Sunday in October 1571. Joachim was of the royal house of David, and Anne of the priestly family of Aaron. Your soul was most beautiful, lovable and immaculate, rich in graces and virtues. The Communion was your life of union with Jesus in the Eucharist after His Ascension. When Jesus was conceived in your womb by the infinite power of the Holy Spirit, you possessed the Author of grace, and He so adorned your soul with the richness of His heavenly gifts that you won the admiration of men and angels. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Most High." The Eternal Father unfolded His Omnipotence in order to form in you a heart full of sweetness and obedience to your Creator. Balaam referred to you as a star: "The star which shall arise from Jacob." Mary, My Mother, at my baptism you gave me life at the moment when sanctifying grace was infused into my soul at the baptismal font. You are this woman, and you are a virgin. The more fully you are Queen in a soul, the more does Jesus reign there as King. (1) The seven founders of the Servite Order, in 1239, five years after they established themselves on Monte Senario, took up the sorrows of Mary, standing under the Cross, as the principal devotion of their order. 1. Since you bore a much heavier one together with your innocent Son, should not I, a sinner deserving of eternal punishments, carry mine patiently? They are God's servants, but you are His Mother. From your heart we hope to obtain the love of God that He expects from His creatures, and also the pardon that guilty but repentant creatures ask from their merciful Creator. 3. How generously you offered Jesus, your dearest treasure, as a Victim to the justice of His offended Father! It was so when you gave your consent to the divine plan of the Redemption. 2. The attitude of the Church toward you, symbolized by the moon under your feet, is that of a suppliant who is forever entreating you to use your power in favor of your children. As you knelt before the Sacred Species, you truly influenced the First Christians to be ardent lovers of your loving Son in the Blessed Sacrament. How earnestly, too, you want to help us in all our needs! Paul Haffner ( Inside the Vatican, September 2004) This feast is. Everything that God may send me, or permit in my life, whether favorable or unfavorable, sweet or bittereven illness, is acceptable to me, for I have resolved, after your example to conform myself to the Divine Will in all things. This is why you were greeted by the angel in the words, "Hail, full of grace." Who would not love you and endeavor to imitate you, most beautiful and immaculate Mother of God? It was fitting that you, a Virgin Mother, should conceive the Man Who was also the Son of God. Like you let me realize my own nothingness. 'Teach me that the test of my following of your Divine Son is practical charity. I need you desperately. He could not make you divine by nature, but He has made you inseparable from Jesus in the salvation of souls through the grace which He has so abundantly poured out upon you because of the Divine Motherhood. Your eyes ever watch over us; your ears ever listen to our cries; your hands are ever extended over us to help us and impart heavenly gifts to us; above all, your Heart is full of tenderest care for us. Evening Prayer to Our Blessed Mother 1. You took part in this offering of the life and death of Jesus. Though they had both vowed to consecrate their first-born child to the service of the Lord, they remained childless, a condition considered a disgrace among the Jews and a mark of heavenly disfavor. You are not only the Mother of the guilty but also Mother of Jesus, their Judge. Through you my own goal becomes more real, more attainable, for the lessons of your life are the doors to eternal peace and happiness. Thus was fulfilled the prophesy that Christ would be born of the family of David. How many frail hearts are strengthened by you! Mary, Mother of God, you reign in splendor for all eternity with your Divine Son. What marvels of grace possessed your soul! On the right of the Sanctuary stands the shrine of Our Lady of Compassion, under whose protection the church is placed. How precious is your love, my Mother! Furthermore, Jesus made the revelation of His divinity and the strengthening of the faith of His disciples the effect of your intercession. You add a degree of motherly sweetness to the joy of the angels and saints and to the blessed of the Church triumphant. Jesus gave me your own dear self, His dearest possession, whom He loved so much that He, in a sense, exhausted His power to exalt you above all other creatures. Saint Elizabeth received the Holy Spirit through your intervention, in order to teach us that we must make use of you as our Mediatrix with your Divine Son, if we wish to obtain the Holy Spirit. You confidently accepted whatever God willed. Help me to imitate your fullness of grace by receiving Holy Communion frequently, where I shall obtain the sanctifying grace that will make my soul holy and pleasing to God, more like your own, and where I shall obtain the actual graces I need to practise virtue and to walk in your footsteps. May your name be the last sound that escapes my lips upon this earth and the first I breathe in heaven. May the love and peace and happiness of your Holy Family reign in the Christian families of all times. From the cross Jesus gave you to me to be my Mother, and I was entrusted to your care as your child. At the very beginning of His public ministry, you observed the hatred and jealousy of His enemies and the false accusations which would bring about His death. Through you we have received Jesus Christ, the Universal Source of Grace, so through your intercession, we still continue to receive the various actual graces suited to our state of life. pray for me! To become the Mother of God meant for you a knowledge of and a share in the Passion of Christ that would plunge you into the depths of a sea of lonely desolation. How courageously you united the oblation of your own suffering and grief with the offering of Jesus, thus proving yourself worthy not only to share but also to be one with Him in the redemption of souls. I firmly believe that He will hear my prayer also, if this should be the Will of God. This is the very heart of your apostolate. But your love for God was even greater. He was with you not only by a special protection guiding you in His ways and leading you securely to salvation. You are indeed the most wonderful Mother that has ever walked this earth. Mary, Mother of God, when I consider your compassion for mankind and your influence with God, I am urged to give my whole-hearted and unlimited confidence to you, Help of Christians. And now in Heaven, when the fruits of the Redemption are applied to our souls, and the graces won for us by the Passion of Jesus are distributed to the redeemed, being united to Him by a close and unbreakable bond, you still continue your part as Mediatrix in the work of our salvation, by offering to the Father the merits of Christ, uniting meanwhile your prayers, and, in a secondary sense, your merits, to the intercession of your Divine Son. Her name, feast day, location of her monastery, and attributes are those of the Celtic Goddess Brigit. As in Heaven the Divine Word is like the Father, so on earth the Son, according to the flesh, is like you His Mother. Help me to cling tightly to Jesus and to you. You are truly His beloved Daughter, the only one in whom there was never a stain. The supernatural life is the life of Jesus in us through grace. I promise to devote myself wholeheartedly to the spreading of devotion to your Immaculate Heart so that the Kingdom of the Sacred Heart may come and He may reign with you in my heart and in the hearts of all men. As your prayer brought about His birth as the Sun of Justice, so also your request decided His rise and shining in His public life. And I am sure there is nothing you want more than that, to see me perfectly dedicated to God even as you are. Such gifts assure us the everlasting indwelling of the Holy Spirit in our hearts, together with the Father and the Son, and that endless life which is its blessed fruit. The three Divine Persons declared you Queen of heaven and earth and assigned to you a place at the right hand of Jesus. I realize that it is the command of God that I take ordinary care to insure bodily health. It was a life of concealment, and yet Jesus is infinite, the light of the angels and of the whole world. Coming from the Latin words cum and patior, compassion means to suffer. Though the designs of God were unknown to you, you, nevertheless, detached your heart from the world in order to give all your love to God. You were willing to offer Him at this tender age, for the salvation of the world. Mary, My Mother, in your womb, the sanctuary of the living God, Jesus was occupied with the sanctification and government of the world. Aided by God's wondrous graces you surrendered yourself entirely to God in the smallest details of your life. Mary, Mother of God, your life, like that of your Divine Son, was a daily crucifixion and martyrdom. What merits did not your perfect immolation gain! Teach me to prove my love for Jesus by visiting Him frequently in His tabernacle home, where He lives as the best Friend I have upon earth, ready to console and strengthen me in my trials, for His Sacred Heart invites me, "Come to Me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you lest.". Merit and glory attend your name. Mary, My Mother, as Mother of Divine Providence, remember your children in need of God's mercy and help. God has created nature and all the wondrous functions of the human body. But you help Christians also by your prayers. You were declared to be the spiritual "Mother of all the living." For the first time after four thousand years God in His Wisdom and power and love, created again a human being in that state in which He had created our first parents. Each time Jesus becomes present in the hands of the priest, the Life given to us by the words of consecration comes originally from. It has been reproduced many times in copies and in book illustrations. By Francesca Merlo The Virgin of Guadalupe, like the shroud of Turin, appears on a piece of fabric. As the loving Mother of Jesus, the glorious daughter of the Father, the cherished Bride of the Holy Spirit, you can never meet with a refusal. We obtain everything for our peace of soul in time and eternity from the Father through the Heart of Jesus and everything from Jesus through your Heart. How often I do not know where to turn. Not all the affection you pour out upon countless other souls lessens your love for me. The Church has always taught that God has entrusted to your hands all heavenly treasures, and many of the saints assure me that you give to your clients as much of these treasures as you wish and when you wish to do so. I long for your complete dominion over meover my body, my soul, my senses, over all that I am and have. You were fully enlightened as to the greatness of the dignity of a Mother of God. You took your only Son to heart in all men born. What grief filled your heart as you gazed upon your Son with His flesh torn, His head encircled with long, sharp thorns, His whole body covered with blooda mock-King with a reed in His hand and cast-off cloak over His bleeding shoulders. Jesus is the Son of God by His marvelous and eternal birth "in the bosom of His Father." In Bethlehem you first adored Him in His visible presence as He lay in all His helplessness before your joyful eyes. Since this is the mission of your life, to bring souls to God through Jesus, lead me to your loving Son. I have but to ask for them for the salvation of my soul. Faith tells me that the fall of man was the effect of the malice and envy of the devil, who sought in this way to be revenged upon the Creator for having cast him out of paradise in punishment for his rebellion. 3. In giving you to Joseph as spouse, God appointed him to be not only your life's companion, but also a sharer of your dignity. Whoever abides in this Church will bring forth much salutary fruit; whereas they who willingly separate themselves from it must wither away spiritually. When the Persons of the Blessed Trinity gaze on you, the Immaculate One, most pure, most beautiful, supremely pleasing to eternal love, what can they refuse you? But much as your compassionate heart sympathizes with man's sufferings from bodily sickness, you certainly show greater care to relieve the spiritual sickness and weaknesses under which we labor. Mary, My Mother, I am one of the murderers who slew your beloved Son, for it was my sins, together with the malice and cruelty of the Jews, which crucified Him. Turin Our Lady of Consolation, Turin This icon was presented to the city of Turin. But as Joseph had been united to you by the ties of marriage, he approached nearer than anyone else to your eminent dignity. Teach me to desire ardently all that is pleasing to God, to seek after it prudently, to accept it truthfully and to do it perfectly, for the praise and glory of God. Help me to realize that it is only through the cross that I can attain to its glory and that it is only through suffering that I can possess the kingdom of heaven. I give you my love by consecrating myself entirely to you, in joy and in sorrow, by complete abandonment to the divine will. This event has passed. Mary, My Mother, your power as Mother of Divine Providence is indeed as great as your compassion and willingness to help. How consoling to know that I have Christ, my elder Brother, "always living to make intercession for me," and you, my Mother, ever pleading for me before the throne of God. You became the treasurer of God's graces, the channel through which He dispenses His gifts upon earth. Mary, My Mother, through your prayers may I be blessed with a keen understanding of the ways of God. Feast, Saturday after the Feast of the Ascension (Triduum, Wednesday before the Feast of the Ascension). Give them zeal that by prayer and sacrifice they may cooperate in the great work of the Redemption. When you became the Mother of Jesus according to the flesh, you became the Mother of men according to the spirit. Our Lady of Sorrows The devotion to Our Lady of Sorrows flourished in the Middle Ages, and the hymn Stabat Mater was composed for it. Jesus, not satisfied with having given Himself to all mankind in the Incarnation, wished to become united with each of us in a most intimate manner by means of the Holy Eucharist, for by an unceasing act of love He gives Himself to us in each Consecration and in each Communion. The beloved disciple told you what he had seen in the houses of Annas and Caiphas: how Jesus had been accused as a blasphemer for stating that He was the Son of God. You were one of us, and yet you stood above us! Fulfill your apostolic mission of winning the world for Christ. The Archangel Gabriel expressed this very clearly: "Hail, full of grace"there was no room left for sin; "the Lord is with thee"where God dwells, Satan can have no rights; "blessed art thou among women"you were elevated above all other women in the world. Mary, My Mother, you associated yourself with the suffering and crucifixion of Jesus in order that you might share in His glorification. When He changed the water to wine, He did your bidding as God, since as man He could not perform miracles. Our Lady of Fatima Prayer O Mary Immaculate, who at Fatima predicted to Lucia, Francisco, and Jacinta that unless men converted and thy requests were fulfilled, worse calamities would befall, show thyself a mother to us in these perilous times. Mary, My Mother, the day of your Assumption was the great day of your triumph. As mentioned in previous posts, this is an ongoing display of our Holy Card Collection. You are truly the Seat of Wisdom because you were the living Tabernacle of the God of Infinite Wisdom. Your apostolic workto snatch souls from Satan and from sin to make them live the supernatural lifeis the very reason for your motherhood. I shall realize that God, in His infinite wisdom will make all things work together unto my good. Mary, Mother of God, you are our true Mother because you have given us supernatural life. When you lived in this valley of tears, you were ever loving and merciful toward the afflicted. You stand alone on a throne of greatness and perfection far above the rest of creatures. The early Christians, all lovers of the Eucharist, who visited you frequently during your hidden life of adoration, must have taken away with them the spirit of your Eucharistic devotion.

Low Income Apartments In Tulare County, Nelms Funeral Home Obituaries, Compton Executioners Tattoo, Peak Great Falls Pool Schedule, Articles O

wild health test resultsWhatsApp Us