most red zone interceptions all time

Logos were compiled by the amazing SportsLogos.net. A signal-caller that can consistently perform well in the red zone and produce solid touchdown passing numbers annually can be a hugely important asset in fantasy lineups, even for multiple years in a row. Favre Blanda Hadl Testaverde Tarkenton Snead Unitas Marino Manning Hart Manning Brees Layne Fouts Moon Elway Brodie Stabler Tittle Namath Parilli Roethlisberger 0 50 100 150 200 250 300 336 277 268 267 266 257 253 252 251 247 244 243 243 242 233 . At the time of his retirement he was the all-time leader in interceptions. All rights reserved. Just a good play by the defensive player. Will Tashaun Gipson Remain in San Francisco? Zach Z.: Not that it's a great measure, but do you have any idea where I could find a statistic that measures how many Interceptions each quarterback has thrown in the red zone? Turning the ball over on your own 10 yard line costs you Y points while giving your opponent X points. Then Far e r etires and Campbell gets old job back. Good pickup but I dont know him too well yet. He's accounted for 25-plus scores in six of his eight seasons. 3. Did his (un)retirement satisfy the football gods? In ball-playing competitive team sports, an interception or pick is a move by a player involving a pass of the ballwhether by foot or hand, depending on the rules of the sportin which the ball is intended for a player of the same team but caught by a player of the team on defense, who thereby usually gains possession of the ball for their team. Matt Flymm backup top Broom. Football Outsiders content published by ESPN. Subscribe to Stathead Football: Get your first month FREEYour All-Access Ticket to the Pro Football Reference Database. Our reasoning for presenting offensive logos. pots syndrome and covid vaccine Russell Wilson (Seattle Seahawks) -Wilson ranked third in the NFL with 24 touchdowns inside the opponent's 20, which was a substantial number considering the run-heavy offense favored by Pete Carroll and company. The 1993 Eagles, were, really, kind of a mess. The former is somewhat more interesting: conventional wisdom (perhaps) says that running the ball is more important inside the red zone than passing the ball. But I've never seen actual stats for that. 23. Aaron Rodgers holds the record for the most consecutive pass attempts without an interception with 402 during the 2018 NFL season. Maybe I will step up and do that tomoroow if have time. Highlight Tripleheader, Keion White, Riley Moss, and Shrimp: Combine Notebook. female attractiveness scale with pictures; osdi 2021 accepted papers 1 wideout Doug Baldwin, it's fair to project Wilson's TD numbers to dip. Editor-in-Chief Still On Cowboys' Wish List, Jessie Bates III Not Expected Back In Cincinnati, No Movement On Leighton Vander Esch Talks, James Paxton Unlikely To Be Ready For Opening Day, Marco Gonzales Fans Three Against D-Backs, Ozzie Albies Playing Second Base Saturday. If your friend thinks red-zone interceptions are the main reason why Favre shouldn't come back, I hope he doesn't try arguing football with anyone from Indianapolis. and then getting picked in the EZ. Question, Comment, Feedback, or Correction? 5. I assume you're familiar with the 2017 Eagles. Cha c sn phm trong gi hng. He was inducted into the CFHF in 2018. It is commonly seen in football, including American and Canadian football, as well as association football, rugby league, rugby union, Australian rules football and Gaelic football, as well as any sport by which a loose object is passed between players toward a goal. Buffalo (41.78%) Then suddenly you stumble upon a flock grazing in the field. From what I can gather, I would say that simply scoring in the red zone (ie not turning the ball over, not missing a chip shot FG) is NOT correlated from year to year, whereas scoring TDs in the red zone IS. Like their NFC North counterparts in Minnesota, the Vikings have a defensive-minded coach and want to become more run-oriented. In Super Bowl XLIX, New England Patriots cornerback Malcolm Butler intercepted a would-be go-ahead touchdown pass from Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson at the goal line in the final seconds of the game, allowing the Patriots to win what would have been an otherwise certain defeat. When RBEzekiel Elliott is on the field, he'll get the majority of the Cowboys' touches as the offense nears the goal line. 1. That makes Carr a bit of a risk to be benched if he doesn't show improvements in critical areas, like a very mediocre 3.41 yards per attempt figure in the red zone. I thought the same thing about 5. mcdonald's all day breakfast menu 2021; holmdel police salary; most red zone interceptions all time . 2. That's a score change of X+Y. Following the stoppage of play, if the interceptor retained possession of the ball, his team takes over possession at the spot where he was downed. I found that score% (or, to put it another way, given the rarity of a missed FG in the Red Zone % of time that a team doesn't turn over the ball or fail on 4th down/run out of time) isn't very correlated from one year to the next and the difference between the best teams and the worst teams isn't very great. #1 - Brett Favre - 366 interceptions. Champ Bailey, who played for the Washington Redskins and Denver Broncos, had 10 interceptions in 2006 and has a career total of 52. There doesn't seem to be much of a relationship between red zone INTs and red zone scoring efficiency, although we'd need to look at more data to be sure. As a matter of policy, Sports Reference only reports the results of games as played on the field. This is the list of the 39 National Football League (NFL) players who have recorded at least 50 interceptions. Newton also doubles as an excellent runner and produced another 54 rushing yards and four touchdowns in the red zone last year before missing the Panthers' final two contests with a shoulder injury. 1st Quarter Time of Possession Share % 2nd Quarter Time of Possession Share % . Raiderjoe, you are a gentlemen and a scholar. They lost back-to-back games to the Seahawks and Raiders to end the year, finishing tied with Seattle in the old AFC West but out of the playoffs because they went 0-2 against Mike Holmgren's first team in the Northwest. Are red zone interceptions really that much worse than interceptions outside the red zone? And finally we have the 1995 Packers. Reed also holds the record for the second longest interception return, 106 yards against the Cleveland Browns on November 7, 2004. But Forbes' ball production is not just the best of any cornerback in his class; it is historic. A rather innocuous question about someone's mistaken impression about their team's qb led to all of that awesome analysis in the comment thread leading to new questions and leading to new awesome analysis. That's a nice set of data there Dan, so I thought I'd take a crack at it real quick: Best 5 Teams from 2003-2007(5 seasons) in terms of TD% in Red Zone: re: 18 Fox showed the graphic last week that Rodgers only had 6 Red Zone Interceptions in his career. [citation needed]. Watch our How-To Videos to Become a Stathead, Subscribe to Stathead and get access to more data than you can imagine. Indianapolis (88.79%) Recent and Trending topics from Football Outsiders. Logos were compiled by the amazing SportsLogos.net. All of the players on offense are instantly susceptible to unexpected blocks, even if not attempting to stop the ball carrier; a hard and unseen block can result in severe injuries. kresge foundation jobs; dwarf rat vs mouse; sky internet down bolsover; terroni restaurant menu; lewis county, wa breaking news; This is due to the fact that pass attempts in the RZ are infrequent plays (relative to all other plays). End of the Line for Kendricks, Hicks in Minnesota? 4. You rarely even see Rodgers make 1 bad throw in a game. I'd be really surprised if Washington makes a move for Favre after already trading away some picks to get Jason Taylor. In a game against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats in 1990, Rod Hill of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers caught five interceptions, a CFL record for a regular-season game. most defensive interceptions by a player in the redzone. He holds the FBS record for pick-sixes, with six over the course of his three years at Mississippi State. Brett Favre has the most career interceptions, with 336 interceptions. Dick "Night Train" Lane holds the record for most interceptions in a season with 14, which he set in his rookie season in 1952. Leaders Since 1976 Share & Export Modify, Export & Share Table Get as Excel Workbook Useful stats for identifying poor quarterbacks: -Red zone interceptions Seattle (61.02%) Lester Hayes of the Oakland Raiders was one of the National Football League's (NFL) leaders at interceptions in the late 1970s and early 1980s. team has good young receivers (M Sweed and D Thomas) and old one (Santana Moss) and some other guys too that aren't bad. Trading the future for a couple years out of a great player is one thing, doing it twice in the same season smacks of the kind of thinking that crippled the Redskins for years and that they seemingly have moved away from. But they never had big mistakes inside the 20 -- their combined total of one sack or interception was tied with Detroit for the fewest in the league -- and they averaged 4.6 yards per dropback in the red zone, a full half-yard better than anyone else that season. 1. Exclusive Premium Content For Subscribers. Some school's results have been altered by retroactive NCAA penalties. Plus, as we shall get to shortly, there was another team at the bottom of the red zone tables that year that was skewing the results for everyone else. You'd need to look at RZ *int rate*, not total RZ ints. However, the interesting point that i made was that it was (very little, but still there) more correlated with passing VOA than Rush VOA, though total VOA is still most correlated. Jody is also a frequent guest on SiriusXM and Houston radio and his work regularly appears in print on newsstands each summer. Chicago (80.91%) Assume having the ball at the 10 yard lines gives you a value of X points, and that having at your own 10 yard line gives you a value of Y points. Charles Woodson, formerly with the Green Bay Packers and Oakland Raiders has 65 career interceptions and tied Rod Woodson for most defensive touchdowns with 13. For what it's worth, it really looks like the Saints defender got a hand in there and knocked that last ball away, rather than it hitting Quarless on the helmet. The 1999 Chiefs went 9-7 under Gunther Cunningham. So you're not just losing field position, but losing 3 points and the potential for 4 more. As of 2023, each of these players are retired, with Charles Woodson being the last one to retire in 2015; no active player has 40 interceptions. 5. Everett, and Todd Philcox, each of whom threw more interceptions than touchdowns. His jersey and gloves from the game were subsequently retired to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton. Their red zone totals certainly don't pop out at you. He didn't throw a single one in 2006. In practice, I'd assume that opponents are much more likely to score on a return when you turn over the ball on your own 10 yard line, which changes the value gained by your opponent. Is Redzone Offense a statistic held on this site in general? Joe Horn! There are also player safety implications: when the ball is turned over, the play is now suddenly and unexpectedly moving in the opposite direction. The next two teams on our list also had revolving doors at quarterback. Rodgers defines intelligence at the QB position. Kirk Cousins (Minnesota Vikings) -No surprise to see perennially-underrated Minnesota QB Kirk Cousins perform well in the red-zone. https://www.footballoutsiders.com/index.php?q=store/premium-access. Do you have a blog? Currently, the odds in Vegas list Kansas City as the favorites to land Wentz at +300. 2022 Prediction Wrap-Up: Did Anyone Believe in the Chiefs? NFL and the NFL shield design are registered trademarks of the National Football League.The team names, logos and uniform designs are registered trademarks of the teams indicated. The Real Question is how does the Madden Cover Jinx apply to Farve? 2022 Draft, Draft Finder, Draft History. Oops, obviously the %'s for the second set of 5 are wrong, they should be thus: 1. It is highly recommended that you use the latest versions of a supported browser in order to receive an optimal viewing experience. I'm relatively new to the game so my perception on actual trends isn't strong, but I'd be curious to see the RZ Pass vs RZ Rush attempt totals from last year. most passing interceptions in a career by qb. Or maybe get Redskins vs Colts which is new one. RZ TD% shouldnt offer anything noteworthy either; it will just be a reflection of the overall offensive efficiency, which can be more precisely measured with various other stats. 5. He is also tied with Rod Woodson for most total defensive touchdown returns career with 13. For example, on December 4, 2016, the Kansas City Chiefs strong safety Eric Berry scored the game-winning points via a pick-two in a 2928 victory over the Atlanta Falcons. Explore sample content below to see what you're missing. Maybe someone should make call tol GB and WAs front offices. That tendency for Peyton to do this is one of the reasons I used to cringe when they'd get inside the 10. http://bit.ly/Subscribe-to-TPSDescription: W. Reed also has a total of 64 interceptions and holds the record for the most interception return yardage in NFL history (1,541). NFL exile Carson Wentz could crawl his way onto a Super Bowl contender in 2023. Oakland (79.89%) It is highly recommended that you use the latest versions of a supported browser in order to receive an optimal viewing experience. Exclusive Premium Content For Subscribers. You may find a consistently good performing offense (say, over the course of at least one season) that is consistently poor in RZ TD%, which would indicate they have particular trouble running or passing into a congested area. This guy is deadly. New York (78.57%) Red Zone stats are important for fantasy football because Question, Comment, Feedback, or Correction? Do you have a blog? He only threw two interceptions that entire season. Every Sports Reference Social Media Account, Site Last Updated: Saturday, March 4, 6:41AM. During both games he played for the Baltimore Ravens. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Responsible Gaming, Support Football Outsiders' independent media and Aaron Schatz. Teams don't often stay the same as they were the year before (i.e. As soon as a pass is intercepted, everyone on the defense immediately acts as blockers, helping the person with the interception get as much yardage as possible and perhaps a touchdown (commonly called a "pick-six", since a touchdown is worth 6 points); at the same time, everyone on the offense becomes the defense and may attempt to tackle the ball-carrier. Your analysis is supported by some of the data I posted above. A full list of Cardinals red zone passing touchdowns that season: Tupa-to-Ernie Jones for 17 yards in Week 5 against New England; Tupa-to-Johnny Johnson for 15 yards, also in Week 5; and Stan Gelbaugh-to-Willie Williams for 3 yards against Philadelphia in Week 13. The Eagles, as mentioned, were among the best, but they weren't even the best Eagles team on record. Damon Allen is a close second with 278 interceptions thrown. The interception of a lateral pass is recorded as a fumble by the passer. Jared Wickerham / Getty Imagesthere are few more beautiful games than a My mental image of a typical botched first drive of a game for the Colts is Manning smoothly driving them 75 yards down the field and you start to think "holy cow, they're gonna score a hundred!" Brown, and the SEC All-Alumni Awards, XFL Week 1 Review: Comebacks, Blowouts, and Lemons, Oh My, Aaron Rodgers and the NFL Offseason Nonsense Top 10. 1. I suspect those two teams account for half of them. football teams in coventry looking for players. crater lake lodge loft room; why is my cash app bitcoin verification taking so long; what is unaltered media in canva; toronto pearson arrivals terminal 1; There were touchdowns aplenty to go around, but Robert Brooks led the team with 13 scores on 102 grabs. Maybe someone should make call tol GB and WAs front offices. However, in the red zone, we tend to see the best of both worlds. Because of the relatively strict offside law in both codes of rugby, and the requirement that all passes be backward, interceptions are difficult to achieve. Nice post btw. Watch our How-To Videos to Become a Stathead, Subscribe to Stathead and get access to more data than you can imagine. So although the rates can be accurately measured, I don't think the implications of them would be nearly as accurate in terms of measuring relative RZS between QBs. Carson Wentz (Philadelphia Eagles) -He only ranked 19th with 58 red zone passing attempts, but Wentz was less than one year removed from a shredded ACL and missed five games. He defines decision making. The list of things the Browns did better than the Eagles is short; the list of things the Eagles did better than the Browns is long. That's why I don't understand why Rodgers can even be compared to Favre. -Tendency to give high fives instead of butt pats (or vice-versa!). 2020 NFL Red Zone Passing Stats Previous Season Next Season Super Bowl Champion: Tampa Bay Buccaneers AP MVP: Aaron Rodgers AP Offensive Rookie of the Year: Justin Herbert More league info An ad blocker has likely prevented this video content from loading. In reply to Re: Best and Worst Red Zone Pass Offenses Since 1986 by Bright Blue Shorts. ADD ANYTHING HERE OR JUST REMOVE IT pros and cons of saturday school Facebook david coulthard daughter Twitter dwayne washington 40 time Pinterest busch stadium 2021 rules linkedin how much did anthony joshua get paid Telegram 3. He completed just 49% of his passes in the red zone, which is not great. Redskins could trade T Collins there and sent j Campbell to bench for one year for more seasoning. He recorded his 30th interception November 21, 2010, intercepting the Carolina Panthers' Brian St. Pierre and returning the ball for a touchdown. He was not entirely to blame for the Colts' red zone struggles that season, however. Opponent Interceptions Thrown per Game; Opponent Percent of Games With Interception Thrown; + Indicates Hall of Famer View Current Leaderboard See leaders through past seasons Interceptions Leaders Share & Export Modify, Export & Share Table Get as Excel Workbook I like it. Also, the correlations from year to year goes: 0.51, 0.367, 0.45, 0.23 from 2003/4 till 2006/7. i like the blog, but is there anyway to make it so the gifs do not autoplay/autoload? 22. See Addai's clinching TD in the AFCCG in 2007--a run not a pass.) In his senior year in 1987, he was named All-American at that position while also being the team's starting quarterback. Your web browser appears to be outdated. Ty Law, formerly of the New England Patriots, New York Jets, and Kansas City Chiefs, has 52 career interceptions. Thanks a lot :) I'll try to post regularly about in depth analysis items rather than just highlights on the blog. duh!). Assuming a reasonably large enough baseline sample size (whatever that may be), I don't think you will ever find a QB who has an especially high rate of INTs in the RZ; a QB who clearly has such a severe weakness wouldn't have been allowed to play enough games to have a large enough sample size. most red zone interceptions all time 4. Looking at the stats, Russell Wilson dominated in red zone touchdowns and had 25 touchdowns through the air on 89 attempts. Become a member at FantasyData and read this article in full. Join our linker program. Some of the games I remember the result of but others I had to look up. On November 21, 2010, Ronde Barber became the only player in NFL history with at least 25 sacks (26 total) and 40 interceptions. (I suspect it's improved post-Edge. NAME GP INT CMP ATT PCT YDS . Those turnovers can kill a team and help explain why Keenum will have a hard time being a consistent NFL starter. He exceeded 20 interceptions in eight different seasons on his way to throwing the second-most interceptions of all time. Reskins make run at Superbowl. He was known for covering his chest, shoulders and forearms with a copious amount of the adhesive Stickum to help him hold on to the ball. Career Stats for QB Aaron Rodgers. 2. I still probably would have had to flesh it out more to get a full-length article out of it. I found some data on red zone offense (linked under my name). Also, the league % over that time is 84.4%, with a standard deviation among the teams of 4.17%. Kansas City (62.40%) In two seasons as Ohio State's starting quarterback, Stroud threw for 8,123 passing yards, 85 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. We noticed this while putting together Football Outsiders Almanac 2018 (on sale now! 3. Perfect blend of super-genius level football analysis and the feel of a bunch of people hanging out and having fun. Wow. Use promo code, Hendon Hooker and Warren Zevon: Combine Notebook, XFL Week 3 Preview: St. Louis, D.C. List of National Football League career interceptions leaders, List of National Football League annual interceptions leaders, Pro-football-reference.com enumeration of career interception leaders, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_National_Football_League_career_interceptions_leaders&oldid=1139788751, National Football League records and achievements, Short description is different from Wikidata, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, This page was last edited on 16 February 2023, at 22:23. In 2019, despite having his career high passing yards total over 5,000 yards, Jameis Winston of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers threw for a total of 30 interceptions. Active players are listed in bold. Calzature-Donna-Soffice-Sogno. Things weren't much better for the 2004 Bears, who went from second-year Rex Grossman to seventh-year Jonathan Quinn to undrafted rookie Craig Krenzel to failed baseball player Chad Hutchinson, the Plan D quarterback who ended up with the most playing time. is paddle to the sea a true story; rob and petrina come dine with me; pillars of eternity nridek; what year cars are exempt from emissions in illinois As of 2023, each of these players are retired, with Charles Woodson being the last one to retire in 2015; no active player has 40 interceptions. Buffalo (63%) In that area, Rivers ranked third with 116 yards and had a 15-to-1 TD-to-INT ratio. Better QBs will put their team in the RZ more often, and therefore have more opportunities for an int. Minnesota(81.91%). I assume you're familiar with the 2017 Browns, but I did want to leave you with one more table: Good article, but why is it in Extra Points? End of the Line for Kendricks, Hicks in Minnesota? Barron Miles, a defensive back in the early 2000s for the BC Lions and Montreal Alouettes, recorded 66 interceptions, tied for second all-time, in a 12-year CFL career.

Words To Describe Medusa, Ions That Have An Electronic Structure Of 2,8, Articles M

wild health test resultsWhatsApp Us