hotels between salt lake city and yellowstone

Spending a final night in Salt Lake City allows you to have a relaxing road trip from Yellowstone to Salt Lake City. Do you have any recommendations on where to stay on the way to Yellowstone from Salt Lake City Airport? Hi Yojana, you could totally stay in Jackson. As we drove into Both are excellent. What is the most scenic route from Salt Lake City to Jackson Hole? Get your national park pass ahead of time for only $80. Grand Prismatic Spring: 50 miles, 1 hour 20 minutes Old Faithful: 57 miles, 1 hour 45 minutes Hayden Valley: 46 miles, 1 hour 15 minutes Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone: 40 miles, 1 hour 10 minutes Lamar Valley: 38 miles, 1 hour. This 28-page ebook includes the best things to do in all 63 national parks, plus exclusive trip planning tips. If you came down the west side of Bear Lake you would have passed through Paris and Fish Haven Idaho and Garden City Utah. At Garden City you could have turned west to head to Logan Canyon. Robins Nest Bed & Breakfast. Inbox. While located a short drive from Yellowstone, Grand Teton National Park has an entirely different (and perhaps more impressive landscape). If you plan to visit Yellowstone National Park for at least three days, consider staying in two different locations. For itinerary ideas and recommendations on where to stay for each itinerary, read our Yellowstone Itinerary. Look no further than Yellowstone and Grand Teton! Start your journey in the historic and spiritual heart of Salt Lake City, Temple Square. Duration: 11 Day (s) / 10 Night (s) Tour Guide: Chinese, English. Then we took the Beartooth Highway to Red Lodge. Do you have flexibility in terms of time? Thanks, I would appreciate some recommendations for there. The distance to Yellowstone from Salt Lake City is 300+ miles. We will have an 11 year old and 10 year old, and an almost 2 year old (but thinking she might just have to stay home). As you continue along Highway 89 towards Jackson Hole, youll pass through Afton, Wyoming, and Alpine, Wyoming. We took a tour to Yellowstone and although I loved it, I would have wanted to stay longer- so I guess- next time, I will go on a road trip. Explorer Cabins at Yellowstone. Recommendations on Where to Stay in Yellowstone. and leave at 2:46 pm. Your route sounds great. The Teton Range is distinct and recognizable with its sharp, arrowhead-like peaks. Bozeman MT airport . With just one to two days in the park, I recommend picking one central location, ideally Canyon Village. Is it worth a long drive to get to Yellowstone National Park? The Salt Lake City to Yellowstone National Park road trip distance is 321 miles, or 4.5 hours long. This is a 2 hour drive to Jackson, Wy. The road from Salt Lake to Yellowstone has no shortage of beauty! The drive itself would eat up a day, if youre following like we did. We got invited to a close friends wedding in Sheridian WY on July 2. . If you plan to visit Yellowstone in the summer of 2023, you need to make your reservations in May of 2022. Sign up below to get a free copy of my 28-page national park ebook to help you plan your upcoming national park trip! Thanks Terri! Hi Uma, Drive southeast from the city, and in three and a half hours, youll reach Moab, the gateway to Arches National Park and Canyonlands National Park. There are several benefits of starting your Yellowstone and Grand Teton road trip in Salt Lake City, including: All that said, if youre looking to minimize your driving time, flying into Salt Lake City isnt the best option for you. However we crafted one week itinerary and that worked well for us. The 13-night journey begins in the capital of Utah, Salt Lake City, and winds through Idaho, Montana and . Expect long drives to and from Old Faithful and Yellowstone Lake. SLC -> Jackson/Grand Teton (1 full day here is great) -> West Yellowstone for 1 to 2 nights, maybe even 1 or 2 nights in Gardiner -> Cody/Sheridan. I have the perfect itinerary for you. With a little more time, you can get to Lamar Valley, Old Faithful, and Grand Prismatic Spring. The best driving route from Salt Lake City to Yellowstone National Park. Then, book a flight out for the following day. Thanks so much we should plan photos walks around Boston together! both provide incredible commentary and detail about the history and geology of Yellowstone. South entrance is popular because this gives you the opportunity to explore the nearby Grand Teton National Park (I highly recommend!). See the road trip map here or click the image below. This is the closest property to the park entrance. What are the different driving routes from Salt Lake City to Yellowstone National Park? Is Garden City close? If you want to return to Las Vegas from Salt Lake City on the last day, you shall pay $20 per person. We're making the trek from Salt Lake City to Yellowstone National Park and we want . If youre looking to take a relaxing break on your road trip after days of exploring in Grand Teton and Yellowstone, consider stopping at a hot spring! But it was near a nice walking path along the river and we could walk to a good brewpub. Rooms are large, clean, and quiet and the Wi-Fi works well. About Us. Large room, without not too much noise. Did you read our other two blogs on Yellowstone (one of which is a storybook itinerary)? Itinerary: How to Spend 1 to 5 Days In Yellowstone Things to Do: 22 Best Things to Do in Yellowstone Hikes: 15 Best Hikes in Yellowstone Getting There: 8 Best Airports Near Yellowstone When to Visit: The Best Time to Visit Yellowstone Where to Stay: Where to Stay in Yellowstone Airbnbs Nearby: 25 Best Airbnbs Near Yellowstone. This route takes you from Logan to Bear Lake, then follows the Snake River into Jackson, Wyoming. Best Things to Do in Grand Teton National Park. Also coming back I am coming down through Jackson Hole. Following this highway will eventually make you reach Yellowstone. Here are some of the best hotels to stay at in downtown Salt Lake. The Historic Murray Hotel, Livingston. You can expect about 3 to 8 days of rain in Yellowstone during the month of April. There are plenty of options just outside of Yellowstone. On your way back, my only suggestion would be to consider taking scenic US-26 which passes through Alpine and Hoback Jn. Either you explore it selectively or add 2-3 days more to it. 3-star hotel with bar, conference center. Silver Gate Lodging. So definitely opt for Evanston and thats why weve specified it as a point on the map. Routes and Distance from Salt Lake City to Yellowstone National Park, Tips for Travel from Salt Lake City to Yellowstone National Park, Day 2: Scenic Drive from Salt Lake City to Jackson Hole, Days 3 and 4: Visit Grand Teton National Park, Days 5, 6, and 7: Visit Yellowstone National Park, Day 8: Return from Yellowstone to Salt Lake City, Salt Lake City to Yellowstone and Grand Teton Map, Salt Lake City to Yellowstone Road Trip Variations, Frequently Asked Questions About Visiting Grand Teton and Yellowstone from Salt Lake City, Final Thoughts on Salt Lake City to Yellowstone Wyoming, Best Places to See Between Salt Lake City and Grand Teton National Park, Best Things to Do in Grand Teton National Park, Where to Stay in Grand Teton National Park, Things to Do in Yellowstone National Park, Where to Stay in Yellowstone National Park, Best Things to Do Between Yellowstone National Park and Salt Lake City, Where to Stay Near the Salt Lake City International Airport. Any insight would be great Thank you, It is slightly faster to drive through Montana but more interesting to drive through Wyoming. Additionally, you also have the option to drive to the West Yellowstone Entrance from Salt Lake City, which is about 323 miles. And it does depend on which entrance you'll be heading to, West or South? This property is located in central Gardiner. Heres a comparison of the two routes to the south and west entrances. Please wait tour guide at Terminal 2 Door 10. The easiest way to get around Yellowstone is by car. The lodges inside of Yellowstone National Park sell out ridiculously far in advance. Check out the latest prices and availability here. Though your situation may not be the same. Yellowstone National Park, WY . The breakfast gets rave reviews. If you look at Yellowstone on a map, there are two main loops in the park. More Information Transportation in Yellowstone Park California Zephyr Tips and Reviews If you plan to visit Yellowstone National Park for at least three days, consider staying in two different locations. The pics just keep getting better with each post! But there are a few. I was trying to find flights out of West Yellowstone airport but no luck. It is a fun little town and you might enjoy stopping there. All rights reserved Earth Trekkers. Besides the location and free parking space in the heart of town, the staff was very friendly. Review. Also, try looking for a pickup from the city instead of the airport. Crowds? . Read More, Growing up picturing San Francisco as the city from Full House, I never quite imagined I didnt expect it to be this stressful to find flights and accommodations. Bharat, the co-founder of Fun Travelog is based out of Boston, USA. In this guide, learn how to plan a trip around the world. Salt Lake City To Yellowstone Distance: On a car the distance is 4 hr 43 min (320.7 mi) via I-15 N and US-20 E. Road Trip From Salt Lake City To Yellowstone: Gas Stations On The Way. Note: This post contains affiliate links. I remember reading about it- that it passes through Snake river and the scenery is beautiful with the alpine vistas. This boutique hotel looks amazing. From Cody, it takes an hour to drive to the east entrance. The whole point of a road trip is the scenic drive along the way, right? The Cody. Hotel in West Yellowstone. On our most recent visit, we spent one day in Yellowstone and stayed in Cody. 29 Madison Ave, West Yellowstone, MT 59758, USA . The biggest factors are budget and your itinerary. With 1 to 2 days in Yellowstone, the Canyon Lodge and Cabins in Canyon Village is our top pick, because of its convenient location. Check out my guides on the ultimate road trip packing list and the best road trip planning tools for all my favorite gear picks and tips to make packing for your trip a breeze! on a day trip from Grand Teton National Park. Learn about the top locations to stay in and around Yellowstone, with specific hotel and lodge recommendations depending on your itinerary and length of stay. I am trying to plan a motorcycle trip, and trying to navigate an itinerary for 5-6 days, starting and returning to Salt Lake City, this looks like a great start! If you have any questions about where to stay in Yellowstone or how to plan your time, let us know in the comment section below. Thanks for stopping by Rachel and glad you found our recos useful . Hello Bharat If you stay outside of the park, you can enter before sunrise or exit after sunset. These small houses come with a kitchen and one to two bedrooms. Is it illegal to sleep in your car in some random pulloff? Canyon Lodge and Cabins. Grand Teton? With just a few hotels to choose from and a somewhat inconvenient location near the northeast corner of Yellowstone, it is only worth staying here if you are struggling to find accommodation elsewhere or have plans to continue your road trip through central Montana. June 1st week would be a fairly good time to visit- we did around mid-June (evenings obviously a bit chilly). Before diving in, here are a few highlights to help you plan your trip: While Salt Lake City is located a 4+ hour drive from Yellowstone and Grand Teton, it makes a great place to start your road trip. Nearby you'll find a variety of eateries and bars, and you can shop at City Creek Center, which boasts more than 100 stores and restaurants. That . Then you would be fresh to drive into Yellowstone the next morning. A bunch of these factors could affect your decision on where to fly into for Yellowstone. The Chamberlin Inn. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-7462555', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Salt Lake City, I would suggest that you spend your first night in Jackson, Wyoming (about 300 miles). Detour into the Bear River Wild Bird Refuge for the 12-mile driving tour. Seasonal Lodging Summer Lodges Staying in the park is a bit like having your own private Yellowstone! I mean which park covers almost three states, has five entrances, and nearly 470 miles of roads? Salt Lake City - Vernal - Jackson - Yellowstone - Helena - Glacier Park - Missoula - Sun Valley - Pocatello - Salt Lake City. Hi great report, Im having trouble renting a car picking up in salt lake and dropping off in Jackson like you suggest. Head over to Raspberry Square and get yours! With 3 or more days, I recommend staying in two different locations (unless you are lucky enough to get a reservation at Canyon Village). I dont think its allowed. Two hours north of Salt Lake City is the town of Garden City, home to the gorgeous Bear Lake. Youve had an exhilarating day of a drive today- why not celebrate it with a nice meal and a few drinks? At least two people are required to schedule a tour. It is a bit of a drive west though, not a quick stop. She recommends calling the park 6 to 8 weeks before your trip to get a reservation. PLACES TO GO IN YELLOWSTONE: Top experiences in the park include Old Faithful, visiting both rims of Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, visiting the Geyser Basins, and photographing Grand Prismatic Spring. It has a huge pool with waterslides and big hot tubs. Cheers, Julie, Your email address will not be published. Hi Bharat and Supriya, Thanks for helping to plan the trip. Thanks for the suggestions. Are you willing to spend more on flights over an extra night along the way if need be? However we did not cover this part of route ourselves. stay at Hotel Monaco Salt Lake City - a Kimpton Hotel. Absolutely Sophie. Little America Hotel 500 S Main St, Salt Lake City, UT, 84101 Fully refundable Reserve now, pay when you stay $139 per night Mar 11 - Mar 12 0.53 mi from city center 8.6/5 (3,156 reviews) "Good hotel, great location for downtown SLC. Budget: Salt Lake Plaza Hotel - Temple Square Budget: Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown Mid-Range: Kimpton Hotel Monaco Salt Lake City Luxury: The Grand America Hotel RV Park: Salt Lake City KOA Day 2 - Drive to Jackson Hole Halfway Point Between Salt Lake City, UT and West Yellowstone, MT If you want to meet halfway between Salt Lake City, UT and West Yellowstone, MT or just make a stop in the middle of your trip, the exact coordinates of the halfway point of this route are 42.917454 and -112.427681, or 42 55' 2.8344" N, 112 25' 39.6516" W. I recommend spending your last day leisurely driving back to Salt Lake City and spending the night near the airport. I am looking forward to driving to Jackson tomorrow to check it out and then onto Dubois for a ranching adventure for a week! Heres why: Enjoy scenic driving routes? Sign in . So next morning (and every morning thereafter in Yellowstone), we were driving around to the scenic spots or trails before the 10 AM crowd barged in. Summer Accommodations Winter Lodges Has anyone done this before? Both times we visited Yellowstone we stayed outside of the park and still had an amazing experience. Never been at Salt Lake City but as you shared the route best driving route from Salt Lake City to Yellowstone looks really amazing. The recommendations in this post are for the summer season, May through October. How to plan one day in Sequoia National Park with kids? Arrangements must be made for the item to be picked up within 48 hours, after which the item will be placed in the lost and found for 30 days and then donated. Before I start listing hotels and lodges in and around Yellowstone, there are a few important things to know. Great value, compared to other places we stayed around national park. After 43.3 miles, you'll reach ID 33/WY 22, and take that to US 26. . Where should I stay between Salt Lake City and Grand Teton? Then West Yellowstone, and then make our way to Cody and Sheridian? This town is a home base for Grand Teton National Park. Alternatively, you may use, Salt Lake Plaza Hotel SureStay Collection By Best Western, Hyatt Place Salt Lake City/Downtown/The Gateway, Holiday Inn Express Salt Lake City Downtown, an IHG Hotel, Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown, Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City - Downtown, DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown, http://www.bearlake.org/lodging-camp.html. the Inn inside Park are fully booked On your way up another place you could stop is Pocatello. We got back in time for breakfast at the motel, packed up, and followed our route to the South Yellowstone entrance. Any recommendations on other scenic route to drive back to Salt Lake City after Yellowstone? Exploring through this scenic route was so worth it!! Thank you for suggestions and well detailed plan. Pocatello Idaho Falls Yellowstone Bear World Frostop Drive-In Mesa Falls West Yellowstone Where to stay between Salt Lake City and Yellowstone Jackson Hole to Salt Lake City itinerary (visiting Grand Teton) Salt Lake City to Yellowstone National Park distance Montana grasslands near West Yellowstone Salt Lake City to Yellowstone National Park road trip, What to see in Grand Teton National Park in a day. Departure: Free airport pick up is available during 11:00am - 6:00pm. It is located in the north-western United States, in Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho. While there are several routes from Salt Lake City to Yellowstone National Park, these are the two I would recommend: I recommend completing the trip as a loop for this road trip, starting with the scenic route, stopping at Grand Teton first, and then heading to Yellowstone. We had a one-bedroom suite with a full kitchen. Yellowstone, America's first national park, covers over 2 million acres and has numerous iconic landmarks. I do not think it is worth packing and unpacking if you are here for a short stay. Thanks, I will be checking out Lava springs. Plus, the best things to do in Salt Lake City, Yellowstone, Grand Teton, and everywhere in between! To give our example, we decided to fly into Salt Lake City to visit Yellowstone because: Our arrival was a late-night one, so we stayed in one of the hotels near the airport. Stay in a rustic cabin at the Roosevelt Lodge Cabins. Thank you for the nice suggestion. But Yellowstone has so much more to offer! Terri from Traveling with Terri is a frequent traveler to Yellowstone. This post may contain affiliate links, where I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Keep checking the Yellowstone Lodging website for cancellations. The best location to stay within the park is Canyon Village. Elk on the property at Yellowstone Gateway Inn. We are going soon, and I definitely want the scenic root. Here are our favorite nine stops between your arrival in Salt Lake City and the loop up to Yellowstone and back. Then, on the return trip to Salt Lake City, take the fastest way back through Idaho Falls. You can see the opening dates here. The entire hotel had that feel from the room to the lobby to the pool. With one day in Salt Lake City, you can see the highlights, like Temple Square and the Natural History Museum. Halfway Point Between Salt Lake City, UT and Yellowstone National Park, WY If you want to meet halfway between Salt Lake City, UT and Yellowstone National Park, WY or just make a stop in the middle of your trip, the exact coordinates of the halfway point of this route are 43.241131 and -112.313667, or 43 14' 28.0716" N, 112 18' 49.2012" W. Pocatello - Salt Lake City. Yellowstone Park Riverfront Cabins. Little confusion your map shows go through Evanston to Bear Lake and pull over at Bear Lake Rest Area and Overlook which comes on 89 only if you come through Logan unless you recommend to make a turn just to see that overlook area if you are coming through Evantson. We stayed here in 2019 and we highly recommend it. We stayed at Ranch Inn in Jackson and would rate it very fair for the price. For stays, we booked way in advance for the lodges INSIDE the park (and that is what I would recommend to save time/fuel). Due to the longer distance and driving times, Cody does not make a good base to explore Yellowstone, but it is great for a one night stay. For itinerary ideas and recommendations on where to stay for each itinerary, More Information for Your Trip to Yellowstone, in our Wyoming Travel Guide. Thanks Lara. Why should you fly into SLC to go to Yellowstone? The downtown is compact and walkable, perfect for a quick day exploring. In about 90 minutes, you will reach the wild west town of Afton, Wyoming in Star Valley. Grand Prismatic Spring: 87 miles, 2 hours 20 minutes Old Faithful: 93 miles, 2 hours, 30 minutes Hayden Valley: 60 miles, 1 hour 40 minutes Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone: 54 miles, 1 hour 30 minutes Lamar Valley: 19 miles, 30 minutes. Thanks for posting about your experience to Yellowstone from SLC. Take your pick from a wide range of cottages, bungalows, and houses that can accommodate from two to ten people. 1 adult. Amenities: Free wifi, parking, onsite restaurant, and pet-friendly. Choosing where to stay in Yellowstone might feel overwhelming, but it doesnt have to be. Most likely, Google Maps will lead you to the marina center where there is a parking fee, but you can park for free at the state park and walk to the lake. If you have eight days, consider this breakdown for your Salt Lake City to Yellowstone National Park road trip: If you want to learn more about Yellowstone National Park, check out these posts! Jackson Hole Airport. All tents have their own, private bathrooms and some can accommodate up to four people. Just one mile from the northeast entrance, prior guests says it feels like you are still in the park. Behold the Running of the Tubs in Hot Springs, AR. Read our post on six stunning driving routes inside Yellowstone National Park next. Are you looking for your next epic national park road trip? Trips Alerts Sign in. The 620-mile road trip from Las Vegas to Idaho will take 9 hours and 40 minutes to drive. The closest Yellowstone entrance to Salt Lake City is the West Entrance, located in West Yellowstone, Montana. YELLOWSTONE & GRAND TETON: Planning a trip to Yellowstone & Grand Teton and dont know where to start? A gym is available at the hotel and the guest rooms include free WiFi. Ask yourself the following: Hopefully, these questions will help you get closer to your decision. There are three lodges at Old Faithful. Yellowstone Lake. We stayed outside of the park since we made our travel plans almost at the last minute (we planned this trip in early June of 2019 and visited Yellowstone in early August 2019). We are planning on spending the night about an hour out side of Salt Lake, do you know a town that would be on the route to book a hotel at. My friend lives in Salt Lake and it would be pretty cool to go see Yellowstone. Planning a 6day/5nt trip to visit Yellowstone in October . Hi!! Answer 1 of 5: We're heading to Yellowstone for the first time next week. I will be coming in from South Dakota. Lake Lodge Cabins features a main lodge and 186 cabins, some with views of the lake. Making a note to stop in Bear Lake next time Im that way. check out http://www.bearlake.org/lodging-camp.html Bluewater Resort and the Inn at Harbor Village look like the nicest. If you're a solo traveler, please contact us and we'll help you join another group. The. Can anyone suggest a good place to stay between Yellowstone & SLC. Old Faithful. In our Yellowstone and Grand Teton Itinerary, get lots of practical information about how and where to rent a car, road trip routes, and advice on how to plan your time. If you havent gotten your fill of wildlife yet, visit the Grizzly & Wolf Discovery Center in West Yellowstone before starting your road trip back to Salt Lake City. This is a great place to stay to explore the northern area of Yellowstone. Get the full list in our article Best Things to Do in Yellowstone. Elk graze near the hotel and you can grab a drink at the bar in the Map Room. This remarkable national park is known for its alpine terrain and mighty Teton range. Inside of Yellowstone, the Old Faithful Inn is another great option, since it is a unique and memorable place to stay (but you will have a long drive to north Yellowstone). Situated just off I-15, this hotel's location is almost as helpful as its wonderful staff! https://www.funtravelog.com/yellowstone-itinerary. Depending on where youre flying from, you can play with various flight and road trip permutation combinations. Well share why you should follow a particularly scenic route if you decide to fly into Utah and drive from Salt Lake City to Yellowstone, as we did. Cheers, Julie. Quality Inn Downtown Hotel in Downtown Salt Lake City, Salt Lake City The Salt Palace Convention Center is 0.8 mi from this Salt Lake City, Utah hotel. If you want to take a look at the (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? None of them are very large and there are not many hotels. 1:46 pm Brigham City. That should save you a little bit. Most people visit Yellowstone on a road trip, which means you will be entering through one park entrance and exiting through another. Otherwise depending on your plan for each day, choose to stay in the nearest town like Jackson, Cody, West Yellowstone. From anywhere in the city, youre surrounded by towering mountain views. Just enter your email and I'll send it over! Salt Lake City, UT Language: English; Mandarin Chinese Duration: 5 4 Highlights: Visit Yellowstone, Salt Lake City, Mount Rushmore National Memorial, Casper, Cody, Crazy Horse, Devils Tower, Grand Teton National Park, Jackson Hole, Park City. One of my favorite ways to see the national parks is with GyPSy Guide. Located in Cody, rooms are rustic and can accommodate from two to six people. As you head out of Salt Lake City, stop at Antelope Island State Park. Normally we hate stopovers, but glad we had a 5-hour stopover in Salt Lake on our way back to Boston . Located in Cody, this property gets some of the best reviews in town. Driving Distances and Times to the Top Sights: Grand Prismatic Spring: 25 miles, 45 minutes Old Faithful: 32 miles, 1 hour Hayden Valley: 47 miles, 1 hour 15 minutes Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone: 42 miles, 1 hour 10 minutes Lamar Valley: 72 miles, 2 hours. Hi thanks for sharing! The remainder of the park roads will open in late spring. I know it is a 5-6 hour drive from YS to SLC so was wondering if it would be better to overnight somewhere between the two so that we have less travel time to get to the airport. None of them are very large and there are not many hotels. I love road trips and I know how difficult is to organize one! The shore of this brilliant blue lake is an excellent spot for a picnic lunch. National Parks Road Trip Itinerary: Utah to Yellowstone & Grand Teton. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-10843620', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Salt Lake City, renting a car and driving to Yellowstone the middle of June.

Planet Fitness Franchise Owners List, Articles H

wild health test resultsWhatsApp Us