hot dog sauce with ketchup and brown sugar

My grandchildren keep me updated in the modern world of technology, but I want them to experience good, old fashioned grand-parenting. We love a good sauce and love trying different ones too. Serve over hot dogs in buns. The Best Spicy Hot Dog Sauce Recipes on Yummly | J Dawgs Hot Dog Sauce, Bbq Hot Dog Sauce (ala Annie), Flint Coney Island Hot Dog Sauce. Fry for about 2 minutes. Id love to have the original recipe! It is to balance heat and sweet. Simmer until thick, stirring, 20 minutes. They were on Shark Tank also. The second recipe is for a meaty hot dog sauce. Lots of restaurants do it. Serve with hot dogs. Method: stovetop Time: 30-60 minutes, No more plain hot dogs! Bob is so funny! Ill try to research it too. Stir over medium-high heat just until the sauce starts to bubble. Tag me on Instagram. Ill eventually be back to try it. This sounds great. haha. We went through my spice drawer and pulled out what we wanted to add. Always looking for good hot dog sauce recipe. They would wrap them in waxed paper and put them in an empty hot dog bun box to take out. Sometimes it takes me all week to get thru the blogs but I try. This Greek hot dog sauce is the perfect way to add some zing to your next cookout. But stick with me here, because this seemingly silly little recipe for hotdog sauce is going to totally change the way you feel about the humble hot dog that is typically overlooked at summer barbeques in favor of more "grown-up" fare. When you did it in the crockpot did it have a lot of grease on it? With the right blend of spices and ingredients, you can make an incredible coney sauce in under 20 minutes. Nutrition info is auto-generated. Go check them out. Required fields are marked *. CDKitchen, Inc. 23:03:04:08:39:15 :C:423, Enter a word or two in the box to find recipes within the, 13 Ways To Use Frozen Spinach (and love it! The secret of their hot dogs is the j dawg's sauce called "special sauce". Hope your family/friends like it. This search takes into account your taste preferences, hot dog buns, sauerkraut, pickles, brown sugar, onion powder and 11 more, bbq sauce, brown sugar, catsup, Kitchen Bouquet, water, worcestershire sauce and 2 more, black pepper, ketchup, pickles, white onions, bbq sauce, buns and 10 more, beef, garlic powder, ground chuck, black pepper, tomato paste and 11 more, brown sugar, ground chuck, ground sirloin, cold water, cumin and 11 more, ground sirloin, onion flakes, paprika, red pepper flakes, Worcestershire sauce and 11 more, ground sirloin, red pepper flakes, kosher salt, ketchup, paprika and 11 more, salt, tomato paste, black pepper, ketchup, chili powder, water and 1 more, black pepper, tomato paste, salt, chili powder, ground beef, ketchup and 1 more, tomato paste, onion, fish sauce, sugar, ground pork, hotdog, ketchup and 6 more, ketchup, garlic powder, butter, Worcestershire sauce, cornstarch and 17 more, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, rubbed sage, frank and 18 more, salt, chili powder, ground beef, diced onion, paprika, ketchup and 3 more, ketchup, brown sugar, dijon style mustard, root beer, pineapple chunks, dry mustard, minced garlic, firmly packed brown sugar and 6 more, ketchup, crushed red pepper flakes, water, tomato sauce, salt and 5 more, sugar, ground beef, apple cider vinegar, ketchup, mustard, onions and 1 more, prepared mustard, pepper, butter, chili powder, margarine, tomato paste and 6 more, water, chili powder, yellow mustard, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and 6 more, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, olive oil, salt and 6 more, hot pepper sauce, red wine vinegar, honey mustard, seasoned salt and 12 more, cider vinegar, sherry, worcestershire sauce, ketchup, chili sauce and 5 more, cumin, brown sugar, beef bouillon granules, hamburger, salt, oregano and 9 more, water, ketchup, beef, chili powder, ground beef, sugar, yellow onions, chopped onions, ketchup, sugar, tomato juice, Chili, lean ground beef, ketchup, cider vinegar, turmeric, beef, brown sugar, kidney beans and 5 more, tomato juice, ketchup, red pepper, green bell pepper, onion, chili powder and 1 more, kosher salt, green bell pepper, onion flakes, onion, ground chuck and 21 more, water, tomato sauce, black pepper, ground beef, Tabasco Sauce and 7 more, worcestershire sauce, beef chuck, water, onion, ground black pepper and 8 more, water, crushed red pepper flakes, tomato sauce, white sugar, lean ground beef and 4 more, frank, mayonnaise, mayonnaise, freshly ground black pepper, balsamic vinegar and 9 more, Crisco Pure Vegetable Oil, finely chopped onion, salt, Worcestershire sauce and 5 more, salt, apple cider vinegar, light mayo, ketchup, pepper, paprika, nutmeg, garlic clove, pepper, ground cloves, red onion, habanero chili pepper and 7 more, fresh ginger, currants, brown sugar, spices, apples, cider vinegar, The Best Hot Dog You Will Ever Eat (JDawgs Special Sauce Copycat), Buffalo Wild Wings Caribbean Jerk Wing Sauce, How to Make Greek Hot Dog Sauce ~ Hot Dog Topper, Ospidillo Cafe Hot Dog Chili Sauce No. I agree that the less fatty meat can be too dry. Hi Jody Method: stovetop Time: under 30 minutes, Made with vinegar, red pepper flakes, olive oil, onion, water, tomato paste, corn syrup, cornstarch, salt Mix in ketchup & tomato sauce. Maybe 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. This will create more surface area for the sauce. firmly packed brown sugar, Jif Creamy Peanut Butter, vanilla . My boss made her hotdog sauce but we never knew what she put in it as far as spices. The best recipe for hot dog sauce you'll ever make. Remove from heat and allow sauce to cool to room temperature. Nancy ( Nancy On The Home Front ). Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 months. How did I miss you posting this recipe??? Method: stovetop Time: 1-2 hours, Made with salt, beef consomme, ground cumin, shortening, bacon fat or margarine, onions, garlic, ground beef, chili powder, bay leaf And please come back soon. That means the inside gets nice and caramelized. Ive got to make this sauce for my husband. We are so honored. Copyright 2023, The Magical Slow Cooker. Serve on hotdogs with these additional toppings: Hot dog chili can thicken up quickly before you can use it all. Please visit #OverTheMoon on Sunday or #ThursdayFavoriteThings for more sharing fun! This post may contain affiliate links. But there are ways you can pack even more flavor into this sauce. Don't miss out! Memorial Day weekend means paying homage to our dearly departed, but it also means barbecues, cook-outs, and picnics. Sweet & Sticky Copycat J Dawgs Hot Dog Sauce. Looks like a winner for the summer! I didnt get one in the picture with the slaw..was trying to show the sauce but I agree with you and that is how I eat mine too. Directions. Love buffalo wings? Combine ketchup, mustard, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and brown sugar together in a medium sauce pan. Could you please post pearls hotdog sauce receipe. Hey MattI was at a cook-out tonight and they served hot dog sauce from Yans in Fairmont. In a medium size bowl, combine the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar. All of you Utah peeps will know what I'm talking about. LOL. I love homemade hot dog chili. We have a small one. So many different recipes and techniques from people. We have authentic Coney Island dogs, delicious chili dog sauce like A&W makes, or other ballpark style meat sauce recipes. To be authentic it needs cinnamon. Some even top their chili dogs with nacho cheese! We are good with it..but..then again I am a sweet-a-holic person! Step 1 Add the ground beef to a skillet on the stovetop. My mouth is watering! Nothing more tragic than a naked hot dog. I know in some parts of the country they do not eat them like this so I am happy to hear that you do. Im from WV and the hotdog chili sounds like a recipe from Brunswicks. It is way too hot for us too. Yum oh yum! tomato sauce (not paste) 1/2 cup water 1/2 cup minced white onion 1 tsp. 2 Comments. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Made this recipe exactly by recipe. With the 4th of July and summer barbecues coming up, you definitely, really, absolutely, mustgive this sauce a try. Thank you. Cover the crock pot and cook on high heat for 2 hours (or low for 4 hours) or until heated through. He is a great cook and we have been enjoying time together in the kitchen since we both retired. Remove from the heat. And took the "no ketchup on hot dogs" rule to a whole new level of ridiculousness. The flavor combinations cannot be beat! Thank you. Method: stovetop Time: 30-60 minutes, Made with cayenne pepper, vegetable oil, white onion, garlic, ketchup, mustard, worchestershire sauce http://thebetterbaker.blogspot.com/2016/05/homemade-hot-dog-sauce-weekend-potluck.html. Saute the ground beef for 10 minutes, or until completely browned and cooked through. Your email address will not be published. Set a large skillet on the stove top over medium high heat. Thanks. Pour the sauce over the smokies and cook on low for 2-3 hours. This is so interesting. Stir in the chili powder, mustard, pepper, salt . Hot Dog Sauce Ketchup Brown Sugar Recipes 7,263 Recipes. I love a good hot dog and being from WV, we always take our hot dog with chili and slaw. Thank you. Also enjoyed Yans hotdog stand there too. T his recipe does 3 - 4 dogs, double recipe as needed. Going to have to try it this summer! I loved that one too. Whisk until combined, and pour into the sauce. Instructions Looking forward to trying this awesome recipe. Stay up to date and subscribe to mynewsletterand follow along onFacebook,Instagram,Pinterest, Tik Tok,andYouTube. I love J Dawgs sauce and can't wait to try it on my own. The holiday has some militaristic roots and the Amish are pacifists, so they stay away from such trappings. To Make the Sauce. Especially with plenty of sauerkraut (try it! I have been looking for a good hot dog sauce. They do stay a little crunchy. Just saw that you can make this in the crockpot and it freezes well. Thank you. haha. This recipe doubles well, so make a batch of it and take it on your next camping trip or BBQ. I posted it really early on. We have made it several times now since my hubby got the recipe fine tuned, and everyone has really liked it. In a medium sized bowl combine the barbecue sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and paprika. Bring to a boil and then let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes until it has thickened. onion powder tsp. Drain any fat. Join our community of 200K+ members - browse for a recipe, submit your own, add a review, or upload a recipe photo. Comfort food is my specialty, and it is truly my pleasure to share these recipes with you. We made it again Friday for a cookout. Method: stovetop Time: under 30 minutes, Slow-simmered ground beef Coney sauce makes a tantalizing topping for hot dogs. Prepping for a backyard cookout? I think I do. Keywords: hot dogs, hot dog sauce, j dawgs, bbq. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. It seems to balance the heat in it. It was in Jackson Co. Thx. Thanks for visiting. And anyway, those hot dog police have probably never had the chance to try the awesomeness that is this copycat recipe for J Dawgs hot dog sauce. Nutritional data is only for the hot dog chili, not the bun, hot dog, or toppings. 42 Meat Soup Recipes Thatll Satisfy Your Meat Craving, Do not Sell or Share My Personal Information. I can't wait to make them myself. and sometimes with the extra diced onions. Required fields are marked *. When I was in law school, it was a quick walk from the law building to the original shack location and its popularity was such that there was always a wait to get one of their amazing creations stuffed with toppings and dripping with their signature sweet J Dawgs hot dog sauce. Ive been looking for a recipe just like this. Then it all becomes more like a hot dog chili sauce on a chili dog! One thing I like on an occasional basis is a chili dog. Method: stovetop Time: 1-2 hours, Made with water, salt, hot pepper sauce, vegetable oil, onions, ketchup, ground cinnamon, chili powder document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); The Magical Slow Cooker is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Last updated Dec 17, 2022. Method: crock pot, stovetop Time: 2-5 hours, This unique sauce is made with a blend of ingredients that sets it apart from other Coney Island-style sauces. We had a restaurant in my home town that had the best coney dogs. Your email address will not be published. Tired of winter. In a microwave safe bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, barbecue sauce, honey, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, and black pepper. I dont see how the grease would cook out. I usually add a canned chili that I know isnt anywhere near as good tasting as this recipe sounds! A little ketchup and all of its spices would be an interesting addition. Required fields are marked *. Cutting them this way practically doubles the surface area that gets grilled. Have the heart ground twice it makes the sauce much finer try this if u like it I have a more simple receipt. The cornstarch slurry is what thickens the coney sauce and it is perfect for a quick-fix chili as it is both fast-acting and flavorless. They dont eat them unless they lose their crunchiness. Now, stir in tomato paste, brown sugar, Worcestershire Sauce, ketchup and remaining 2 cups of water. Thanks for sharing!! . My Handsome Husband likes to smoke meats and does a little side job catering, pulling his big smoker onsite. This recipe sounds wonderful. Stir this often, or it will burn. Thank you for this recipe! Copyright 1995-2023 . Next in the pan, a perfectly balanced addition of spices: Chili powder and cumin for a smoky element, dried mustard for tang, garlic powder and onion powder for flavor, and of course, salt and pepper. That is all I remembered about her recipe. I emailed it to you. Cookies collect information about your preferences and your devices and are used to make the site work as you expect it to, to understand how you interact with the site, and to show advertisements that are targeted to your interests. No condiments can make a cheap chicken/beef/pork hot dog taste amazing. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Welcome to Amish365, where I share my knowledge of Amish cooking and culture! Instructions. (-) Information is not currently available for this nutrient. The sauce can be refrigerated for a week or two if you have any leftover. I used 1# ground turkey and 1# ground round and it turned out very tasty! I am not familiar with the ones you mention, but I bet they are so good! The spices were added and simmered slowly. Thank you for checking it out. Use it immediately on hot dogs or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 months. The beef is quickly browned on the stovetop and then the ketchup goes in. Try a delicious hot dog sauce. Be sure to stir frequently. Brown beef and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Delete the sugar or add just a pinch. This recipe has quite a few ingredients though you will find that almost all of the ingredients are right in your cupboard! Thank you. Method: stovetop Time: 1-2 hours. Saute the ground beef for 10 minutes, or until completely browned and cooked through.

North Carolina Section 8 Waiting List Open, Norman Hartnell Embroidery Studio, Bedford County Tn Noise Ordinance, Japanese Balloon Bombs Nevada, Articles H

wild health test resultsWhatsApp Us