are glocks safe to carry chambered

Carrying On An Empty Chamber. Its your right to be retarded. Is it just something one has to get used to? Revolvers with their heavy double action trigger pulls are perfectly safe to carry with a round in the . OK, this isnt enough for you? On one of those occurances, my snubbie bbl. Well, technically, you could also just not drop them I suppose. I notice that you had to go look it up though. I got them after watching the best experts I know of, champions, and their green light review. Glocks are for professional that carry OWB at 3 o'clock where it is possible to see All the way around the holster While holstering the gun. Glock developed their patented Safe Action System which will not allow the gun to be fired without a finger on the trigger and a dedicated trigger pull. Been reading the thread here on this topic, since we all have an O I quite agree with your spot on comment Sir. People who carry them are so rare that I felt like it wasnt worth mentioning, and Im probably still right. OMG I love those old Fractured Fairy Tales shows! PS: There was a 12 yo kid recently that subdued an attacker with a common socket wrench after Dad missed 39 times with a pistol. Keep your booger hook off the bang switch, use a good holster . If the slide goes back far enough to be out of battery, then the gun will just fire out of battery. But, IF I were, then Id have to choose that DA revolver in my headboard. You can get a lockbox for $50 or less from Amazon or from most hardware stores. No, but it requires that everything go right when theres a higher chance of something going wrong. Ive dropped a loaded Glock once, actually the only pistol Ive ever dropped in my life. As someone from MS you gotta tell me where this full auto shoot was. Do not ever suggest they change a true classic. You just have to get comfortable with it. Training is nothing more than repetition. Usually I just get to see Colt SAAs with 16 chamber cylinders. Even though everyone who has ever used and examined a SA revolver can easily see that the firing pin is ALWAYS in contact with the primer when the hammer is down, if the chamber under it has a round in it?, And, again, absolutism that is far too easy to refute. Practice your procedure till it becomes a natural reaction without thinking.You will have other things that must be accessed in those fractions of a second. The practice of empty chamber carry continued with the introduction of magazine-fed, semi-automatic pistols. Try it. Concerning long guns that are stored for home defense, I think that "cruiser ready" is the ideal state of readiness for rifles or shotguns. and so as to keep continuity in their mindset they keep that same gun on the headboard at night with no round in the chamber so that there wont be any confusion Because that argument is stupid in the first place, because the entire discussion is about *carrying* not about whether you should carry. israeli carry is stupid. My Taurus Millenium G2, basically a glock with a safety, same thing, actions are needed to make it fire. Second Amendment to the US Constitution, "Get yourself a Glock and lose that nickel plated sissy pistol." Is a cheap one as good as a safe from, say, a Liberty or Rhino? Some people were never meant to have a handgun I suppose. Options are good. No safety needs to include a stiff, lengthy trigger pull, like the LC9, or a DA revolver. Cruiser ready generally refers to a gun that has a loaded magazine but an empty chamber. This debate has been going on for years.. which side are you on? If you can have a momentary lapse of judgement handling a half million ft/lbs you could certainly have one while handling 350. Ever have your computer go slow for a second, but then it opens two(or more) of whatever you clicked on? See? Same here. Do you supposes THIS guy knows the six letter word for a firearms dangerous end? Marshals (1998). the safety doesnt enter into it. So F_____g what? I thought I counted 17 in the battle scene in Open Range. And you should be, too. I carry "Mexican" and don't want to end up like Plaxico Burress. Nov 11, 2010 (Edited) Dingus said: To gain confidence, do this: Take your G19 and holster to the range. Five years ago I reviewed the Glock 43, the second pistol in Glock's "Slimline" series of thin grip pistols. Nor with his next, more significant error, suggesting that floating or inertial firing pin guns (like a 1911) ARE drop safe with a round in the chamber, even though all such firearms with a round in the chamber WILL fire if dropped on their muzzle? More bad advice, did the author not learn from his first mistake? Maybe. I felt a few of the points that were raised had enough merit to discuss further. Unlikely. THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY AND ONLY ONE WAY TO CARRY A GLOCK SAFELY AND THAT IS WITH AN EMPTY CHAMBER PERIOD AND THERE CAN BE ZERO ARGUMENT ABOUT THAT IF YOU ARE STILL IN CONTROL OF YOUR MENTAL FACULTIES AND NOT LIVING IN A NARCISSISTIC FANTASY WORLD OF GLOCK UTOPIA. Glocks are awesome little handguns. The are a couple videos out there showing issues with holsters (kydex included) where bending or twisting caused a discharge. Every time I drive. Considering how many types of expanding ammo my plethora of 1911s did not work very well with I gave up on them long ago. By all means, carry what you are competent to handle effectively and safely. Because they have no external safety, Glocks are quicker to draw and fire. Have you ever negligently failed to check your blind spot and cut someone off on the freeway? I know, its a big word, all scary long and has lots of syllables, but try it out. This is a particularly great idea. Boy, that must be realllll nice. Let the one with no traffic tickets throw the first stone. Shorten that to GLOCKTOPIA! When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. I have handguns that have a magazine safety I leave the mag out a 1/2 inch in the lock box and the mag cant be rammed home while in the box(like if it were dropped). These arent exactly the most concealable guns out there. In a SA revolver, the next round is instantly available anyway, whether fully loaded or one short, quicker out of the leather for the first, second, and third shot than any other existing action type. A typing error, or wishful thinking? Go. When the time comes that you actually need your carry weapon things are going to happen really fast. Ask the famous Black Athlete Plaxico Burress that did that in a New York restaurant a number of years ago. Pray the opponent was just carrying a Taser and not a knife. 1911s are traditionally carried empty chamber (probably a bad idea) or cocked and locked: hammer cocked and slide mounted safety engaged. If I have to carry a compact, its a DA only with no safety or one with the safety off. Carrying a single-action pistol cocked-and-locked is far and away the best method of carry. People who ride a motorcycle to work know damn well their chances of being seriously hurt in an accident is astronomically higher than driving a Pick up truck to work. Glocks are designed with internal safety features to prevent accidental discharge. Granted, is loading a pistol, a shotgun or a rifle the most complicated thing in the world? Not much difference really. There are more and complicated details about the Israeli attitude (prohibition) of self-defense, but the point is that the Israeli system may work for the IDF, but not for you. Again, though, training is the answer. Maybe you should just use a spork. A few overly trigger-happy officers within a department and a sly PR department really spun yarns on this one. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[336,280],'guntradition_com-large-mobile-banner-2','ezslot_5',119,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-guntradition_com-large-mobile-banner-2-0');The danger comes from dangerous gun handling and not following safe gun handling rules. It has good stopping power and it only slightly has more recoil . And my Ruger .357. whenever anyone posts on this page: if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'guntradition_com-box-4','ezslot_7',110,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-guntradition_com-box-4-0');Some people are nervous about Glocks because they heard one rumor or another about them. When I go out without my kids I rack the slide. The Sig 320 problem was that it had an internal block but dropping (or smacking it with a hammer) could make the trigger move to disengage the firing pin block. Is A Glock Safe To Carry Chambered. The Glock handgun is the favored handgun of police worldwide. I am sure you will tell us that since you are a stable genius it will never happen to you. I carry all my guns chambered. The Glock is a semi-automatic pistol that was originally designed by an Austrian manufacturer called Glock Ges.m.b.H in 1982. 1 of 2 Go to page. Does the gun have a firing block mechanism. Hmaag [CC BY-SA 3.0], via Wikimedia CommonsTodays revolvers have a flat hammer. plan A: have an empty gun you throw onto the ground to start the action. I have no issue using any of my Glocks as a SD gun, nor do I have any issue using any of my 1911s, any of my revolvers, or any of my other guns. If you did not realize the design is dangerous, you would not have spent so much time belaboring the obvious. And an unloaded weapon does you no good if/when you need it. Long story short, I let it be known that I thought carrying with an empty chamber is a mistake. A lot of guns, particularly the early revolvers, were considered too dangerous to carry with a loaded chamber . That makes a takeaway more likely to succeed if attempted. It will catch on and you will be a rock star! But that would be true for almost ANY gun that didnt have a manual safety engaged. Heres a link to it. 1. Muscle memory is a life saver when things go adrenaline slow MO mode, and those Taurus, PT-111s, have that thumb safety where Im used to one being, the pipe is red hot, and, eyeball to eyeball, it will fire again without re-racking the rear sights on someones nose. But the real benefit is in the noise. A GLOCK is a striker fired pistol with about a 5.5-pound OEM trigger pull that has incorporated into the trigger--in the form of a lever--and when it is engaged blocks the trigger from moving rearward. You may need your weak side arm to hold an attacker at bay while you draw, etc. It appears to me that Darwin and his theory of evolution is again being ignored, if you are dumb enough to carry without forethought, please ace yourself before you breed. DA/SA make the most sense to me. in the 20th and 21st centuries, empty chamber is just retarded. 1:43:08-1:43:32. I have had cops point shotgunms and Rvolvurs at me, made me nervous, now their pointing Glocks at me, and that frightens me to the point of shaking. Perhaps why they werent interested in this modification, even though the investor designed it to be visually unobtrusive and to require minimal modifications to the original design. My home defense guns are locked and loaded ready to go. Passive safeties Are Not A Replacement for an active safety. The S&W EZ has a grip safety and a good trigger pull. I have a Sig DA/SA, fully loaded no problem. Well your odds of dying of heart disease is about a thousand times more likely than dying from a criminal attack, so, maybe something to think about. I once had a grim laugh when one Jethro Bodine (after emerging from his out house) told me he bought a Glock because he could not stand the worry of carrying his 1911 cocked and locked. A loaded GLOCK, some of the comments went, is susceptible to the dreaded GLOCK ND (negligent discharge). They DID make a variant with one (the Colt Cowboy) but they dont offer it anymore and the SAA is sold sans transfer bar. Of course, when I was a soldier, I listened to guys who had been there. None of those things make any difference at all. First a 5906, then a PPK/S for 20 years. Modern revolvers (Smith & Wesson, Taurus, Ruger, Kimber) have transfer bar safeties and as such theres no need to mention it. As I commented after the previous article, carry so that all you have to do is draw and pull the trigger. Both have pros and cons the secret is you must be well versed to bringing your gun up to the level of lethal quickly. Glocks are safe to carry with a loaded chamber as long as they are carried in a decent holster that completely covers the trigger. This also means that if the firing pin somehow gets enough inertia to hit the primer, from some other source than the hammer (whatever that source might be), and then the round in front of the pin suddenly ceases motion, the firing pin will continue forward into the round anyway, no matter what the hammer, trigger, barrel, or etc, do. Colt change the SAA!? No external safey, DA trigger that goes bang when you pull it.. I only know my own lifes experiences, fwiw, too many LEOs cant hit chit no matter what the tool, and Im an honorary. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Glock 17. That was a few years ago now. says: How often do you train your driving abilities?. Many people think walking around with a loaded gun is dangerous, irresponsible, and paranoid. Let the flaming begin, No flame. The odds are not in favor of the added time it takes to try and chamber a round, let alone the stress of a real situation. The Glock Gen 4 and Gen 5 models have become very popular with civilians and self-defense shooters alike. But in any case, the inertia must lie directly in line with the round, and then the round must stop suddenly, like when the muzzle hits the ground. Open range is a good movie and as far as the other guys standing there in real life its called shock value I did love the the fact Costners six shooter magically self loaded. Another difference is that the Equalizer is only available chambered for the 9mm Luger, where the Shield EZ can be had in .380 Auto, 9mm Luger and .30 Super Carry. Outdoor Hub, LLC (d/b/a Carbon Media Group), 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA. Usually for at least an hour or so. you are correct. But its hard to imagine a situation where a dropped gun firing into the ground could be a danger. Being a klutz is one thing. If you need to defend yourself, you cannot afford the time to rack the slide. Bottom line: For *any* firearm, you have to *put your finger (or some other object) INTO the trigger guard to fire the weapon.*. silly? As for kids, had 3 daughters, all knew all weapons were loaded, all were shooting bb guns by 5, learned safety and marksmanship, and by ten, the oldest could out shoot me with the Smith 9mm semi, steel. Is it just something one has to get used to? Wonder why guns are the most logical option? I had the same concerns when I first started to carry my Glock. If you have your Glock properly holstered it cant go off, Those are what ifs what if you slip in the shower get hit in the crosswalk get rundown by a terrorist in a f150 train be vigilant and stay away from the end that has 6 letters. In a way, the GLOCK trigger is similar to a double action revolver trigger. The idea behind the floating firing pin is that if the firing pin is heavy enough, but made too short to actually be driven into the primer by the hammer, then when the hammer drops, the pin will be struck hard enough to give the pin enough of its own inertia to fire the round, yet then rebound to the rear. If you liked this article, you might be interested in one I wrote all about Glocks Safe Action System. 2 you may forget to chamber When I carry a semiautomatic pistol for self defense, the chamber is loaded and the safety is on. I carry with a round chambered in my autoloading handguns. Heres how all of this bogus started. With hammer fired guns, we have more options to prevent guns from accidently firing. There is no doubt about it. Barrel: 4.5. Old model Ruger Blackhawks which have not been converted should be carried with the hammer down on an empty chamber, just like Colt SAAs and other vintage and replica SA revolvers. Seems more in line with your abilities. Amen brother. Now youve introduced a firearm where one might not otherwise have been involved, not to mention triggering the bad guys own sense of self preservation. Im a mommy-frelling ballerina with a pickem up truck towing. Glocks dont have an external safety because they were designed as a simple to operate as possible. Have you ever tried carrying your bolt action on a loaded round with the striker down? When carrying the gun in a holster, the grip safety will keep the gun from discharging, even if the . It seems that as long as the trigger is not manipulated the pistol will not fire. Like: condition 2 (good choice for a DA/SA autoloader), condition 1 (if your chosen piece has a manual safety), and etc. Still no safety. Fat troll. So you are in reality arguing that if someone makes a *negligent mistake*, the Glock is more likely to discharge than another firearm. It takes a dedicated squeeze of the finger. First much like the Israelis Fairbairn and Sykes had to teach officers how to carry safely in a manner that got them street-ready quickly. Thanks for the tip. So the trigger pull is utterly irrelevant *if* you are paying attention to your firearm which you should be doing, again, with *any* firearm. Its a toughy. If something else provides that energy to the pin, the primer wont care whether its in a chamber or not. I assume it had something to do with its mechanics. ended up in the guys nostril, and he still didnt get quiet, until he heard the cocking of the hammer. The safety either keeps the trigger from being pulled or blocks the cartridge from being struck by the firing pin so it cant go off. Or a DA/SA auto. If you have a modern weapon in a holster that covers the trigger, you are in pretty good shape. as for being out in public goes if somebody gets the drop on me with a knife or firearm at super close range i figure that im only going to be 50/50 on that anyway Anything is possible, which is why the smart move is to play to the best probabilities. When something becomes familiar, inattention and negligence become more likely. Never happened yet I would rather shoot myself in the leg but still be in fight than have bad guy shoot me because I didnt have a chambered round. Unchambered carry is a bad idea because: Even though they don't have . For gun owners looking to maximize the life of their firearms, it's important to understand what type of ammunition is acceptable and safe to use in their guns. In non service activities, all occurred either nearly cheek to cheek, face to face, or less than 3 ft. when chit went south, and it happens so fast, Id bet few if any pro operators could rack then stack em so i compensate for that with situational awareness and trying not to put myself in situations or places where that will happen So, as DG said, its a problem in search of a solution. If you are so scared of a striker fired trigger, then why not get a hammer fired gun? It degrades my ability to respond and limits my choices, but is still far better than some choice words. You'll want to train yourself one way or the other. Itll never come out to get cleaned, the retention will never fail, the gun will never fall out when you unbelt to take a crap in other words you dont make mistakes. Carry without one in the pipe for a while to get used to it. Third, the reason that actual experts (I would say I am knowledgeable to a point, but an expert I am not) recommend NOT carrying in Condition Three is for the reason that it takes a lot of training and repetition to get truly proficient and most people with a lot of training and proficiency dont carry their pistol unloaded.

How Much Is The Christmas Bonus, Used Furniture For Sale Near Alabama, Articles A

wild health test resultsWhatsApp Us